Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:02 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,248,879 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by nebulous
Quote:
I’m not sure if it directed at me or the other posters,
I'm a very laid back kinda guy, so if you believe that my post is directed at you than it probably is.
And if you believe that it ain't, be assured that you will soon find out if it is or isn't.

Quote:
Of course I would not argue that the idea or meme does not exist as an idea. But I would argue the probability of its truth value.
Why?
The truth doesn't care 1 bit if you believe or not.
Does it matter that you do or do not accept the truth that a circle has no corners?

Quote:
I don’t believe it would help say someone who is mentally ill.
The difference between being mentally ill and the truth is that people who are mentally ill may not even realise that they are mentally ill.
For all we know they could believe that it is not them who is mentally ill, but that the whole world just is crazy.
And who knows, they might even be right?

Old 09-06-2008, 05:20 PM

897 posts, read 2,459,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Yes, I believe that a person can be possessed by a demon, because I was possessed by a demon.

The demon came into me when I was young and let a friend do a tarot card reading for me. I never new it was there fully until it came out of me. I was searching for God and attended a special christian service. I went up to the altar and started to prey. I lifted my hand and a voice spoke in my head "I cannot stay here". I feel to the ground and leaped through the legs of the other people around me also receiving prayer. I growed like a lion and one of the ministers said "out". The demon came off me like a thin piece of silk would blow off you in the wind. I fell onto the ground. After having the demon removed I realized that I had been carrying him around for years. With his voice in my head gone I could recognize the times that he had spoken to me.

One perticular time that I remember him talking to me was while sitting in a church service. At the end of the service the pastor gave an altar call for those who wanted to be saved from their sins. I remember the voice say in my head "why is he bothering these people". There are other times he spoke. And I also remember his image that I used to see but no longer do. He was blue and silver and coiled like a snake or dragon. He was associated with the feelings of loneliness and sadness.

I no longer am hindered by demons. I am free in Jesus Christ.
Okay sounds Interesting, So here is my Questions.You do not have to answer them but I would like to get a better Idea what was going on in your life during that time.

1 How old were you at this time?

2 At this Church did you witness any one be cast out before you were ?

3 What was this special service at the church about?

4 You said that a demon came into you but you did not know it until later. So what were the signs that you notice a Demon inside you?

5 What was your Day to day life?

6 Did Any trauma in your life occur at that period in your life?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:39 AM

613 posts, read 1,271,534 times
some one could be soulless. which would make them seem possesed but actually there is nothing in them. the weaker someones soul is the more evil they are. think of it like you have a tank, some people have a quarter tank of soul and some people are almost full. the people that are full/almost full are like jesus, mohammad, buddah, and most divine figures. the people with a quarter are more "bad" types of people. most people are at half but it varies. but if god equals full and satan is empty then being empty is the same thing as being possesed, so its possible that these events happen

Old 09-07-2008, 09:27 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,928,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I recall shortly before my father passed away, he was taken over by one or more of them. He was a very Godly man, yet after he had surgery he became very violent.
It's called post-anesthesia delirium. Look it up, and I don't mean in your bible.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:52 AM

788 posts, read 4,071,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
some one could be soulless. which would make them seem possesed but actually there is nothing in them. the weaker someones soul is the more evil they are. think of it like you have a tank, some people have a quarter tank of soul and some people are almost full. the people that are full/almost full are like jesus, mohammad, buddah, and most divine figures. the people with a quarter are more "bad" types of people. most people are at half but it varies. but if god equals full and satan is empty then being empty is the same thing as being possesed, so its possible that these events happen
This is an interesting response. (Actually all of the responses are).

I have a question on this theory--are people just born with an empty or full or half full tank/soul? If so, why do particular people have a certain amount and not others? Or, can one choose to follow a path in which they mindfully increase their tank/soul through spiritual pursuits, prayer, meditation, good works, what have you? Could it be a reincarnation thing in which we keep returning until the soul is complete/full?

Thanks!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:00 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,009,796 times
Can a person be possessed by demons, I think it's demons of their own creations. If you look at the natural forces around you, you see no evil. The bases of evil only exist within mankind and it is continued by mans moral judgment which man imposses on humanity. We create that which is right and wrong or good and evil. Demons reside within the thoughts and actions of the person themselves and not an external force acting upon them. These are not shadowy creatures lurking in the darkness to attack your soul. They are of your own creation, you accept the illusion then you react to it
and your actions are very real.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:23 AM

613 posts, read 1,271,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post

I have a question on this theory--are people just born with an empty or full or half full tank/soul? If so, why do particular people have a certain amount and not others? Or, can one choose to follow a path in which they mindfully increase their tank/soul through spiritual pursuits, prayer, meditation, good works, what have you? Could it be a reincarnation thing in which we keep returning until the soul is complete/full?

Thanks!
well not only people have souls. souls are nothing more then isolated amounts of the energy of the universe. animals and other living organisms just don't have the advanced brain we do. but people are born with what they have. what they can do is put less resistence on their soul by reducing their addiction to materialism through said acts. but likewise someone emersed in materialism will almost drown their soul. and when i say materialism im not just talking about money and nice things but all things in the physical world.
my thoughts on reincarnation are we will keep returning untill all the souls or life force unite and reject the physical world and form god. though i don't really believe it will happen any time soon atleast, and its not nessicarily abad thing since god had reason to try it in the first place.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:51 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,665,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
well not only people have souls. souls are nothing more then isolated amounts of the energy of the universe. animals and other living organisms just don't have the advanced brain we do. but people are born with what they have. what they can do is put less resistence on their soul by reducing their addiction to materialism through said acts. but likewise someone emersed in materialism will almost drown their soul. and when i say materialism im not just talking about money and nice things but all things in the physical world.
my thoughts on reincarnation are we will keep returning untill all the souls or life force unite and reject the physical world and form god. though i don't really believe it will happen any time soon atleast, and its not nessicarily abad thing since god had reason to try it in the first place.
Thus far, how many lives have you lived? I've heard people talk about,"old souls and new souls."

Old 09-08-2008, 12:24 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,228,918 times
I understand what people are saying about how far medicine has come since the days described in the bible. However, I disagree that the times that were mentioned in which Jesus cast out a demon, that these could have simply been healings and nothing more or less. The bible is clear on differentiating between healings and casting out demons. There were many examples of where Jesus healed someone, the blind man, the lame, the woman with the issue of blood. These were healings. However, in the cases where he cast out a demon or demons, these were specificially stated as being what they were.

I personally believe that yes, people need to use common sense and not excuse everything alway with demon possession. There are issues where it is a mental concern that needs to be addressed with modern medicine and science. However, there are cases where it is not a matter of mental illness, and no amount of modern medicine nor science, is going to eliminate the problem as it is not a physical or mental problem, it is a spiritual matter.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:31 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,228,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post

Thanks!
I don't believe humans are born without a soul. I believe that we are all born with a soul. We are three parts in one, mind, body and soul. How we nourish our soul or not does not equate into a fuller tank or a lesser tank, in my opinion. Being a Christian, however, in my opinion, it does determine where one's soul goes once this life is over.

The consceince is another matter, this can be filled or not filled with the right things, and will be determinant of the actions that we do and the things we pursue. I, however, also do not believe that we are born without one, everyone has one, the question is has it be educated with the right things, do we choose to listen to that small still voice or do we ignore it.

As for the path that people choose, this comes down to the free will that we are given. The way that I have looked at it, and have explained it to others is this way... when we are born we each have this sort of book for our lives. On the first page is the day we are born, on the last page is the day we die. All the pages in between contain God's plan and desires for our life on the left page, and a blank page on the right. We, therefore, can choose to follow the plan God has destined us to follow, or we can choose to rewrite our own journey. But the one thing that is not going to change, is the day we were born, and the day we die. All else inbetween, comes down to the personal choices we make in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality