Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:32 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times

Advertisements

This is just a personal question I have really been thinking about a lot of our personalities in the rw as compared to the posts we make here..Some of us have been here forever and know each other pretty well, or do we? My question is..does your real personality have any resemblance to what you post here or on the other forums on cd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 10:39 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Yep, I'm just as real in person as I am here on City Data

Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Yes, but I am somewhat shy and reserved when talking to people face to face. I express myself better through writing and so I may seem to be more outspoken on the forums or online. God bless.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:01 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,270,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

Some of us have been here forever and know each other pretty well, or do we? My question is..does your real personality have any resemblance to what you post here or on the other forums on cd?
Ask Montana. He'd know.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:17 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,864 times
I'd say I am. Of course what comes out from my mouth does so a lot faster than the combined efforts of my 2 hands so you might think I've hit my head and lost large chunks of my brain.

I'm also a lot less confrontational in the rw

Old 07-12-2008, 11:21 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,149 times
am afraid what you see is what you get. Seriously, I am a person who say what I think and so you guys pretty much have the gist of who I am.

I stive daily to practice what I teach. Just ask my children!

Old 07-12-2008, 11:28 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I'd say I am. Of course what comes out from my mouth does so a lot faster than the combined efforts of my 2 hands so you might think I've hit my head and lost large chunks of my brain.

I'm also a lot less confrontational in the rw
Same here. I practice on you guys then am able to articulate things better in the rw once they've been thought through.

That's how it worked when I decided to quit my 20 year ministry 'job' over my non-belief in eternal hell doctrine. I got online first and got used to being called a 'devil' and an 'unbeliever' ect and heard all the arguments pro and con.

When the 'real' showdown came I was so prepared it was ridiculous.

blessings,
- Byron

Old 07-12-2008, 11:31 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
I'm a lot nastier than what you see here, but for some reason my best posts keep getting deleted......Just yanking your chain folks. I just wish I was as smart as my dog thinks I am.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:32 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Yes, but I am somewhat shy and reserved when talking to people face to face.
That may be because we realize that retaliatory verbal jabs hurt a lot less than the actual knuckle thing.

- B

Old 07-13-2008, 01:52 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,007,143 times
Although I am not on here near as much as I used to be, I will have to say that when I am on here, I open up A LOT more than I ever do in real life. In real life, I usually keep my inner most thoughts to myself. I find it a lot easier to open up and say what I am thinking on the forums than it is in RL. WHY? I have no idea. Maybe it's just the concept that in RL I do not encounter people to have these kind of in depth discussions with. Maybe it's that I'm afraid to express myself because someone will think I am NUTS!? (OOPS, too late, a bunch of you probably think that already LMBO )

Believe me, I don't think that my personality is any different on the forums than it is in real life. I just don't talk openly about my beliefs too often because I don't want to push anyone away. I believe in people seeing the fruits rather than me shoving the fruit in their faces. With that being said, I will have to be honest and say my fruits have been rather wilted lately.

Great thread Blue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality