Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:55 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,487,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Okay, so if those who are left behind have the opportunity to become born-again, then what happens to those non-believers who die(d) before the Rapture?
I believe the Bible clearly teaches that non believers who die before the rapture will spend eternity in hell, separated from God forever. I also believe people can and will be saved during the tribulation period after the rapture, but life will be EXTREMELY difficult for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 06:23 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,129,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomist View Post
The purpose is the freeing from the bonds of literally, if you like, fornicating trust; from further, the belief that there is some salvation in easy waste and destruction, and the purpose is never for mankind complete by the nature of ordinary HUMAN ideas.

Kris
I have no clue what you just said.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
One last question for the time being;

Isn't Armageddon the name of the location of the final battle as opposed to the term given to the end of the Earth?
You can ask anything you like. I don't claim to be an expert, and I'll be upfront about whether or not I know the answers. I have put a lot of time and study into this and I'm currently doing another one right now.

There isn't an actual location named Armageddon. Demonic spirits will have gathered the nations "together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon." "Har-Magedon" is a Hebrew word meaning "Mount Megiddo." Since there's no specific mountain by that name, and Har can refer to hill country, it's likely a reference to the hill country surrounding the Plain of Megiddo, about 60 miles to the north of Jerusalem. (More than 200 battles have been fought in that area.)

Below are two images. There's something wrong with PhotoBucket right now so you probably won't see them right away. Once they fix their problem, you'll see them. One is a map with the location of Megiddo and one is a picture of Megiddo today.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii5/BlogCabinGuy/MegiddoMap0305.jpg (broken link)

Here is Megiddo today.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii5/BlogCabinGuy/meggido-1.jpg (broken link)

The Plain of Megiddo and the nearby Plain of Esdraelon will be the focus for the Battle of Armageddon, which will rage the entire length of Israel, as far south as the Edomite city of Bozrah, according to Isaiah 63:1. And, according to Zecharaiah 14:1-3, other battles will also occur around Jerusalem.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:19 PM

Here's something I just realized about the church (believers) and the rapture.

Revelation 4:1 says, "come up hither," as a prophetic reference to the rapture of the Church, leaving Revelation chapters 1 through 3 as a description of the Church Age. After the shout to "come up hither," the Church is not mentioned in Scripture at all. The attention of Scripture switches from the Church to the Jews living in Israel.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:38 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,310,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
You can ask anything you like. I don't claim to be an expert, and I'll be upfront about whether or not I know the answers. I have put a lot of time and study into this and I'm currently doing another one right now.
Cool. I am always questioning the Bible and Christianity, so there will be others.

Quote:
There isn't an actual location named Armageddon. Demonic spirits will have gathered the nations "together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon." "Har-Magedon" is a Hebrew word meaning "Mount Megiddo." Since there's no specific mountain by that name, and Har can refer to hill country, it's likely a reference to the hill country surrounding the Plain of Megiddo, about 60 miles to the north of Jerusalem. (More than 200 battles have been fought in that area.)
Oh, that must be what I was asking about, Har-Magedon. Isn't that were the last battle is supposed to take place?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Oh, that must be what I was asking about, Har-Magedon. Isn't that were the last battle is supposed to take place?
Yes, the Battle of Armageddon takes place in Megiddo. Armageddon comes from the Hebrew word meaning "the Mount of Megiddo." Many people do refer to Megiddo as Armageddon.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:54 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,576,250 times
My brethren believe that battle is a spiritual battle, not a literal one. I agree with them.

My DH was in that area that you pictured, and it is much too small for much of a literal battle to take place.

I wish you would consider the possibility of it being spiritual instead of literal.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
My brethren believe that battle is a spiritual battle, not a literal one. I agree with them.

My DH was in that area that you pictured, and it is much too small for much of a literal battle to take place.

I wish you would consider the possibility of it being spiritual instead of literal.
Sorry, Marian. There's far too much evidence of it being a literal battle. I respect your views though.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,487,691 times
Quote:
Sorry, Marian. There's far too much evidence of it being a literal battle. I respect your views though.
I agree with you.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:08 PM

8 posts, read 31,779 times
Cool Departure!

Quote:
Rapture means “to be caught up”. And it's described in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18. We call it the rapture and it happens in Revelation 4:1 when we hear the words, “come up hither”, and we're caught up in the twinkling of an eye. (1 Corinthians 15:52.)

Interesting Trivia: General Electric has measured the twinkle in a man’s eye and it amounts to 11/100ths of a second! Astronomers have already discovered that on the way to the third heaven, there are 187 trillion, billion miles and we go through all of that in 11/100ths of a second.

The KJV is the first Bible to change the phrasing to "falling away" and we aren't sure why. The Bibles before the KJV all use that phrase as "a departure" - a rapture - being taken up in the twinkling of an eye.

The earlier versions are:
Wycliffe Bible – 1384
Tyndale Bible – 1526
Cloverdale Bible – 1526
Cranmer Bible – 1539
Breeches Bible – 1576
Beza Bible – 1583
Geneva Bible – 1608

No one knows why King James changed the word to “falling away” when it’s plain in every Bible until that time as a “departure.” When you quote it that way... “Let no man deceive you for that day Christ’s return to earth shall not come until there come a “departure” first,” (seven years before, and that is the Rapture) “and then shall that wicked one be revealed.” Continuing in verse 7: “the mystery of iniquity does already work. He who hinders will continue to hinder until he is removed, departed, and then shall that wicked one, the Antichrist, shall be revealed. In both cases there is a "departure."
He say's a falling away from The Faith, or departure if you will. That's saying some will turn away from the true gospel first, before the Lord returns for His people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality