Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christian God and Muslim God, one and the same?
Yes, I believe that is a possibility. 25 42.37%
No, I do not believe that to be a possibility. 32 54.24%
Maybe, but I really haven't given it much thought. 0 0%
This poll is an abomination before the Christian God, and the poster will burn! 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:17 AM

83 posts, read 218,924 times

Advertisements

Maybe there are a bunch of gods and we are all in their likeness( black god, white god, asain god so on so forth.), toss us all on 1 earth and see who wins the most soles. Never know. everyone may be right. Sounds like a god game. I picked Christ myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 09:51 AM

756 posts, read 1,888,304 times
I said no because I do not believe that either god exists. I believe that man created these gods in order to subserve mankind and have more control over people. There is no proof that there is a god.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 AM

286 posts, read 806,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by SouthernBoiIsn't this the exact reason that got Abel killed?
Knowing this, should I be my brother’s keeper by killing everyone who doesn't believe what I believe?

BTW I believe that God and Allah are the same god.
You can’t blame the Arab people for speaking Arabic instead of English.

Originally Posted by Alpha8207 Would you stop worshipping Christ if Jesus asked you to?
Exactly. For some reason they think that the authors of the bible spoke English. For some reason they seem to see that the English word "God" was translated as well. Basically, its just another way for them to look down on others that dont believe in what they do. Sometimes it seems the the more religious folks are the less they abide by what they preach

Old 08-23-2008, 01:47 PM

7,628 posts, read 11,004,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It make sense to me, there are many verses where Jesus said He is God John 10:30 "The Father and I are one". John 14:9 " Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father". Jesus and Father are one in essence and nature. In fact the reason He was crucified was because He said He was God.
Good post, I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA.

Also just thought I would mention again, that when Thomas saw Jesus after His death on the Cross the first thing Thomas said when he saw Jesus was, "my LORD and my GOD". And Jesus blessed Him for saying that. Those who say that Jesus never claimed to be God, are those who either do not know the Bible, or just ignore what is clearly stated.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:49 PM

7,628 posts, read 11,004,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
I said no because I do not believe that either god exists. I believe that man created these gods in order to subserve mankind and have more control over people. There is no proof that there is a god.
If there is no proof that God exist, can you explain Jerusalems East Gate prophecy?

Old 08-23-2008, 09:52 PM

756 posts, read 2,580,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Jesus would accept worship before him for the father, not for himself. He would gladly be with you and accept your worship for the father, but never for himself. He said he was a part of the father, but so are we. We do not go around worshiping each other now do we. If you will just go back and really read your Bible you will find I am only speaking the truth. Christians have merely become confused by their own priests and their own holy book so that now they are literally committing one of the worst sins imaginable. They are worshiping another as God.
He said " I and the Father are One"...I dont hear anyone else saying that.....

Old 08-24-2008, 12:12 AM

8,419 posts, read 16,281,540 times
Originally Posted by nay624
Quote:
He said " I and the Father are One"...I dont hear anyone else saying that.....
That probably is because if you said the same thing and actually believed what you said, you would be institutionalised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality