Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christian God and Muslim God, one and the same?
Yes, I believe that is a possibility. 25 42.37%
No, I do not believe that to be a possibility. 32 54.24%
Maybe, but I really haven't given it much thought. 0 0%
This poll is an abomination before the Christian God, and the poster will burn! 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,168,536 times

Advertisements

Jesus is a GOD so to speak. He is like his Father. But Father and Son are two different beings. Why would Jesus pray to himself? Why would Jesus teach us to pray to his Father when it's him the whole time? Makes no sense.
Jesus came here to teach us about his Father and how to obtain everlasting life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 08:57 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,667,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Jesus is a GOD so to speak. He is like his Father. But Father and Son are two different beings. Why would Jesus pray to himself? Why would Jesus teach us to pray to his Father when it's him the whole time? Makes no sense.
Jesus came here to teach us about his Father and how to obtain everlasting life.
ILNC already quoted the verses that prove that Jesus is God. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit makes up the Holy Trinity. This is Biblical, no one has taken anything out of Biblical context......Jesus was in human form when He prayed to His Father God. We are to pray in Jesus' name to the Father. Jesus is our interceder, He is our voice.

You have to view the Trinity as one entity, with three seperate purposes. God is our Father, Jesus is our Savior, the Holy Spirit is our Helper. But they all make up one God.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:59 PM

4,975 posts, read 9,543,370 times
Both are cruel desert gods.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:15 AM

532 posts, read 861,723 times
Thumbs down Jesus was the word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
But it seems to me this is where Christians get a little mixed up. Jesus was not God. He told us himself not to worship him. He was supposed to be God's son, not God himself. So even if Jesus's message was different, in the end the same God was present throughout and still is today. And that is where I think a flaw is found in the Christian religion. They have stopped worshiping God in favor of his son. I don't think that is how it was supposed to be.
Jesus said "My Father and I are One"--and also that "You can't come to the Father, except through the Son--when you pray, you go through the Son--the mediator to get to God. I think It was Paul who said not to worship him--that he was just an ordinary man.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:19 AM

58 posts, read 205,959 times
Allah was one of many gods in pre-islamic Arabia - and when developing the Qu'ran, Muhammad even tried to include some of these pre-islamic gods (just google the "satanic verses" - not the book by salman Rushdie btw). In Christianity and Judaism our God showed Himself as "יהוה" (often translated as "I am that I am").

Old 06-18-2008, 06:46 AM

125 posts, read 287,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich View Post
Allah was one of many gods in pre-islamic Arabia - and when developing the Qu'ran, Muhammad even tried to include some of these pre-islamic gods (just google the "satanic verses" - not the book by salman Rushdie btw). In Christianity and Judaism our God showed Himself as..........

Totally wrong, Please read this post well.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philosophy/302445-word-allah-word-god-clear-language.html

About the so called satanic verses, this is a lie made by Quraish pagans 14 centuries ago when they were fighting prophet mohammed (pbuh), they themselves turned to be moslims a few years later, worshiping only God the one the only one, and all pagan idols were destroyed.

As for the difference bet. the trinity God and moslim God, it's in the arabic word "AlAhad", it means one entity not composing of parts, a single entity not resembling any thing, cause He is the creator of every thing.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/3845393-post26.html

Peace

Old 06-19-2008, 12:48 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,848,925 times
Absolutely not!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,294,291 times
Of course they are one and the same along with the Jewish god. They all have the same thread of history. Neither Jews nor Muslims believe that that Jesus is a god - that's where they differ. Yahweh = Allah = Christian God is a fact. However there is much argument over the details of theology and much blood shed over these differences from all sides. Denying the history is just showing ignorance.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:39 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,684,129 times
"Allah" and "Yahweh" are the names in two different languages for the same god, just like "God" in English and "Dieu" in French are two names for the same god. The Koran mentions figures from the Bible and refers to the Bible's god as being the same as its own. I don't know why this mystifies so many people.

Remember when Jesus was dying on the cross, and he called out "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabbachthani"? I think anyone can see the etymological link ... Eloi > Allah.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,595,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
ILNC already quoted the verses that prove that Jesus is God. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit makes up the Holy Trinity. This is Biblical, no one has taken anything out of Biblical context......Jesus was in human form when He prayed to His Father God. We are to pray in Jesus' name to the Father. Jesus is our interceder, He is our voice.

You have to view the Trinity as one entity, with three seperate purposes. God is our Father, Jesus is our Savior, the Holy Spirit is our Helper. But they all make up one God.
The trinity did not exist as a doctrine until long after the establishment of the early Christian congregation. The first century Christians did not believe it and neither do I. Jesus claimed unity w/his father in the same way I claim unity w/ husband...we are also 'one'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality