Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christian God and Muslim God, one and the same?
Yes, I believe that is a possibility. 25 42.37%
No, I do not believe that to be a possibility. 32 54.24%
Maybe, but I really haven't given it much thought. 0 0%
This poll is an abomination before the Christian God, and the poster will burn! 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,454,003 times

Advertisements

No.

The Christian Father God is the same as Yahweh of the Jews. Jesus is the Son of God and his name means "Yah saves"

Allah is not God he is a god. If you compare the Old Testament and the Quaran, they are very different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 04:29 PM

3,920 posts, read 3,660,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Not sure what book you are quoting from but Jesus had not problem with people worshipping him.

See healed leapers worshipped him.
A woman worshipped him and kissed his feet.

just to name some that Jesus allowed to worship.
Luke 17:11-19 On the way to Jerusalem Jesus was going through the region between Samaria and Galilee. As he entered a village, ten lepers approached him. Keeping their distance, they called out, saying, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!" When he saw them he said to them, "Go and show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were made clean. Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice. He prostrated himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him. And he was a Samaritan. Then Jesus asked, "Were not ten made clean? But the other nine, where are they? Was none of them found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?" Then he said to him, "Get up and go on your way; your faith has made you well."
As you can see the leper praised God and then prostrated himself before his holy son. He did not worship Jesus as God.
As far as the foot washing, I guess Jesus was worshiping his disciples when he did the same for them.
Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say that he is God. The closest he comes to that is to say that he and the father are one. That is not the same thing as saying you are God. I and the father are one as well, but I do not profess to be God. Only a small part of him as he is all of me. And it is rather funny that you link the Jewish God and the Christian God so readily when the Jewish people do not believe in Jesus as their personal savior. As someone wrote earlier, at least the Islamic people acknowledge Jesus as a great and holy man. But as I have said before, the Bible is open for any number of interpretations and who am I to try and convince you. Go about your life and worship the way that is right for you. I think that is the only real path to enlightenment and salvation.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:09 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,816,216 times
I don't know about the same, but they are very similar.

Isn't Mohammed to Islam as Jesus is to Christianity?

Jews don't have a savior BTW

Old 06-22-2008, 02:55 AM

125 posts, read 287,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I don't know about the same, but they are very similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post

Isn't Mohammed to Islam as Jesus is to Christianity?

Jews don't have a savior BTW
No, mohamed (pbuh) is not as jesus to Christianity.

mohamed (pbuh) is a man, a slave and creature created by God, just like jesus (pbuh) in Islam, he is a slave and creature created by God.

So if you're a christian who believe in trinity or believe that jesus is God, then your God is not as the Islam God.

If you believe that jesus (pbuh) is just a man created by God and slave to God, also the spirit is a creature created by God slave to God, then you're worshipping the same God as Islam. Simple.

In Islam we believe that jesus (pbuh) was worshiping the same God the one the only one, and never asked anyone to worship him or the spirit or mary (pbuh). It's after decades and centuries that old pagan principles were entered into christianity to resemble the pagan gods.

Peace.

Last edited by mahmoud mrt; 06-22-2008 at 03:18 AM..

Old 06-22-2008, 03:06 AM

125 posts, read 287,297 times
Ah, about the sons issue and being one with God,

Islam is clear in this, you'll never find a verse in the holy Qur'an that describes any human as the son of God, or even all human beings as sons of God.

In Islam you can never be one with God, you can be a slave to him, being more a slave to Him gets you near him as His slave and creature.

Being a slave to God is the best honor, and for any person to be mentioned as the slave of God in the holy Qur'an is the best honor ever, so prophet mohamed (pbuh) was mentioned in the holy Qur'an as the slave of God, as a man, a creature created by God.

Just to point it out.

Peace

Last edited by mahmoud mrt; 06-22-2008 at 03:15 AM..

Old 08-19-2008, 10:37 PM

7 posts, read 19,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoud mrt View Post

No, mohamed (pbuh) is not as jesus to Christianity.

mohamed (pbuh) is a man, a slave and creature created by God, just like jesus (pbuh) in Islam, he is a slave and creature created by God.

So if you're a christian who believe in trinity or believe that jesus is God, then your God is not as the Islam God.

If you believe that jesus (pbuh) is just a man created by God and slave to God, also the spirit is a creature created by God slave to God, then you're worshipping the same God as Islam. Simple.

In Islam we believe that jesus (pbuh) was worshiping the same God the one the only one, and never asked anyone to worship him or the spirit or mary (pbuh). It's after decades and centuries that old pagan principles were entered into christianity to resemble the pagan gods.

Peace.
i agree with the last part. the whole worshipping virgin mary thing is from a pagan religion (mother and son) but (i ask in ignorance) is the crescent not a pagan symbol of a moon god that mohamed incorporated into his religion? the Word was the Word in the beginning. lucifer, knowing he could not destroy the word, then confused it. that's why there are so many theologies, doctrines, etc. today. the devil doesn't have to make you unnecessarily bad to damn you to hell, he just has to blind you from the truth. here's what i think, the Bible, even Jesus Himself warned us against false prophets who would come after Him and teach and lead people astray. a little yeast is used to make a whole batch of dough rise into bread, just like a little evil can affect a large mass of people. i am not being antagonistic, pls allow me the following: in an earlier post, i mentioned looking at the fruit a tree produces to decide if it is good or bad. Jesus never forced His will on others, He never put people to death for not converting to christianity. it's always our choice to accept or deny His soveirnity. our God will not ask you to send your sons to die for Him; instead, He sent His Son to die for us.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:39 PM

756 posts, read 2,580,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
But it seems to me this is where Christians get a little mixed up. Jesus was not God. He told us himself not to worship him. He was supposed to be God's son, not God himself. So even if Jesus's message was different, in the end the same God was present throughout and still is today. And that is where I think a flaw is found in the Christian religion. They have stopped worshiping God in favor of his son. I don't think that is how it was supposed to be.
Jesus totally recieved worship.....where do uo find him saying the opposite???

Old 08-20-2008, 09:43 AM

286 posts, read 806,520 times
They are the one and same God...why do Christians think that we have a monopoly on God? Why can't we all worship him, but in different ways and it still be true? If one child displays his love for his parents by writing a poem and the other son sings him a song, would you love one over another?

Old 08-21-2008, 06:47 PM

8,419 posts, read 16,281,540 times
Arrow Allah = God & God = Allah!

Originally Posted by SouthernBoi
Quote:
If one child displays his love for his parents by writing a poem and the other son sings him a song, would you love one over another?
Isn't this the exact reason that got Abel killed?
Knowing this, should I be my brother’s keeper by killing everyone who doesn't believe what I believe?

BTW I believe that God and Allah are the same god.
You can’t blame the Arab people for speaking Arabic instead of English.

Originally Posted by Alpha8207
Quote:
Wonder why Jesus never rebuked anyone when they worshiped Him?
Would you stop worshipping Christ if Jesus asked you to?

Last edited by Tricky D; 08-21-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Added Alpha's quote

Old 08-21-2008, 08:27 PM

3,920 posts, read 3,660,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
Jesus totally recieved worship.....where do uo find him saying the opposite???
Jesus would accept worship before him for the father, not for himself. He would gladly be with you and accept your worship for the father, but never for himself. He said he was a part of the father, but so are we. We do not go around worshiping each other now do we. If you will just go back and really read your Bible you will find I am only speaking the truth. Christians have merely become confused by their own priests and their own holy book so that now they are literally committing one of the worst sins imaginable. They are worshiping another as God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality