Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 04:05 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times

Advertisements

I don't miss living in the bible belt (Texas) AT ALL !!

I can live here and NEVER have anyone even approach the issue of religion. Its such a NICE break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 04:09 PM

188 posts, read 506,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
My post 21 referenced your post 8.
You seem quite intimidated by those who don't believe.
So do many xians here on CD forum, mostly the evangelicals.
Literally, an LOL moment. You big bad athiest, you. (running away screaming.... as if you were the mob) Still laughing... that was a good one.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:11 PM

188 posts, read 506,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
What is sad but they don't even realize it Chiel, its xians like this that give them ALL a bad name.

I am almost phobic of them now. If someone feels the need to make such a declaration, I run the other way.
Sssshhh.... whisper. (We might hear you.......)

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
TexasReb,
You must admit if the title of this thread was "Are you REALLY a Christian? This is for you..." and then you were presented with a page full of information which is supposed to persuade you that everything you believe in is false and you just need a little help to get back on the right track I think you'd have a better understanding of why Lindsey and chielgirl take offense at the obvious purpose of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFORMED View Post
Literally, an LOL moment. You big bad athiest, you. (running away screaming.... as if you were the mob) Still laughing... that was a good one.
If its NOT intimidation for people who are independent thinkers then you tell us, what is it that keeps you hammering on at people who in reality don't really think your sane? Why not just walk away? We're not interested, leave us be. BUT yet you continue.

Your threatened, you NEED us to all fall in line, the problem is, thats NEVER going to happen. You will live your life frustrated waiting for it.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:12 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not believing in a god thing does not mean that I don't believe in anything.
Where do you get your logic.
I believe that if I show up for work for 80 hours, I'll get a paycheck reflecting that. I know this because I have proof that this happens. It's been occurring on a regular basis for decades.

There is no solid proof for a god thing, so I don't believe in a god thing.

All indications are that you're being purposely obtuse.
Exactly WHAT am I being obtuse about, Chielgirl?

It is YOU who doesn't answer the central question! If you don't believe in GOD (which is between YOU and your own belief system), then what DO you believe in?

What is so hard to understand about the fact that I am NOT trying to convince you one way or another whether or not "God" (as I see and believe) exists. But rather, to ask what you DO believe in...?

Old 06-08-2008, 04:13 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
What is xians?

Old 06-08-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
What is xians?
christian - xians

sort of like christmas - xmas

Old 06-08-2008, 04:16 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
christian - xians

sort of like christmas - xmas
Ok, thanks, I've never seen xians before.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:17 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
To the OP,

So you've cleared up a few answers in regards to a post that starts out with the presupposition that God is true. In essence, you have picked apart a statement that is more or less a strawman about what YOU believe as a Christian. Yet, you failed to define how your original post in any way shape or form correlates to the title of this thread in that I am still left wondering why I should be any less of an Atheist? You asked in your thread title "Are you REALLY an Atheist?" and my response is "Yes." But, I also found it a little misleading to title the thread in a manner as if this were going to be the grand finale of my non-faith only to find that I was sorely disappointed to realize you basically just used the Bible to prove the Bible was accurate.

Now, in regards to your response to the poster at hand, than that's a fair assessment. His assertion was that in which he "played along" that the Christian God exists and therefore you have every right to defend it with textual information based on why it is that you believe. However, to present this as a thread that was supposed to change my opinion and have me groveling at the knees of a celestial dictator... Nope. Didn't do it for me. Sorry.

Last edited by GCSTroop; 06-08-2008 at 04:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality