Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2017, 06:30 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
We are coming near the end of this particular year, a year that for some have been very troublesome, a year that has seen some very troubling changes within our society, I can't recall ever seen this much diversity, divisiveness, and hatred among the people since the 1960s. This is very troubling and am hopeful that in the very near future and we can get over this and get back to a balance. Call me an optimist but I believe there is still hope for mankind and I believe that once we have come to the realization that we are all human beings, created the same Creator called by whatever name you wish to give him/her that peace may come to all of us. I am an old man, yet I am still hopeful. Osaiya
If it does not balance, we may be in deep trouble...

I got guns in my head and they won't go
Spirits in my head and they won't go
Spirits in my head and they won't
I been looking at the stars tonight
And I think oh, how I miss that bright sun
I'll be a dreamer 'til the day I die
But they say oh, how the good die young
But we're all strange
And maybe we don't wanna change
But the gun still rattles
The gun still rattles, oh
I spent a lot of nights on the run
And I think oh, like I'm lost and can't be found
I'm just waiting for my day to come
And I…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 08:31 AM

764 posts, read 1,421,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
In our lives, we cross many bridges, and eventually, we cross the bridge between the physical and spirit world as we continue our journey. Thus, we must understand truly where we have come from, where we are and where we are going. When we have peace with this journey and are able to see beauty in all things, then we are walking the path of Good Medicine.
Even though this post is 4 months old, it is really nice to see you posting ptsum. I have missed the circle. I need to visit this thread much more often.

I haven't been as active on the forums the last year or so due to (mostly) school - one more semester to go. Wish I had done this 30 years ago - or rather wish I had the clarity of what I wanted to be when I grew up 30 years ago. Better late than never though.

Happy Tuesday and blessings to everyone.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:29 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,406,958 times
Default well...

I was just drawn back here today. Wanted some good reading.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
^It's a blessing fer sure.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:25 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
here is a little something to think about... The Promise of Tomorrow; The promises Creator gives us comes with every new day, the gift of breath, the gift of life, opportunities and a vast array. How do we count our blessings, through the choices life can bring? Is it through joyful lessons? Or the fears to which we cling? Are we learning to show gratitude, for the victories over human pain? By honoring the ceiling choices, we grasp the will we've regained. Can we change our focus, with no need to defend? Acknowledging joy and sorrow, without judging flow or friend? tomorrow promises the fullness of every human way to know; how we master each challenge determining our balance- reflecting how we grow.

The true civilization is where every man gives to every other every right that he claims for himself.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:58 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If it does not balance, we may be in deep trouble...

Spirits in my head and they won't
I been looking at the stars tonight
And I think oh, how I miss that bright sun
I'll be a dreamer 'til the day I die
But they say oh, how the good die young
But we're all strange
And maybe we don't wanna change
But the gun still rattles
The gun still rattles, oh
I spent a lot of nights on the run
And I think oh, like I'm lost and can't be found
I'm just waiting for my day to come
And I…
Very cool.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LkBS7M503yY

Old 02-22-2018, 07:33 PM

22,138 posts, read 19,198,797 times
a favorite.
sit on the rim of canyon de chelly and play, and hear it all around you, the rocks alive sing back to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKJZRF4jcc

Old 04-07-2018, 12:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Been some time since folks sat around the circle. I've unfolded a few chairs, built up the fire, and put water on to boil.

Been a long winter here in the boonies. Spring flirted a couple of weeks ago, then spun on her heel and flounced for parts south. So, still lots of snow on the ground and the lake remains frozen solid.

But I'm grateful for a warm house and confident Spring will find her way back.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Yup. it will. Had a little flush of asparagus and then a frost. It has started back up and promises to be a good season.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:59 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
a favorite.
sit on the rim of canyon de chelly and play, and hear it all around you, the rocks alive sing back to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKJZRF4jcc
By coincidence - or maybe not? - I broke out my own Native American flute this afternoon (after months of sitting in storage), and let some improvisation inspiration flow Such a wonderful, mellow, and peaceful sound. Very meditative. Passing the breath of life through aromatic cedar, to produce tone and music. Transforming a small part of a tree into use for melody. Kinda cool when you think about it. Wood, air, music. The sacred circle is quick and easy to set up. No electricity, no costs, completely portable, etc.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 04-08-2018 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality