Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2016, 10:03 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, and Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish and non-Jewish brothers and sisters. May The Creator look favorably upon you over the sacred days and the coming new year.Osiyo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 01:29 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, and Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish and non-Jewish brothers and sisters. May The Creator look favorably upon you over the sacred days and the coming new year.Osiyo
Have a great rest of the year, ptsum.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:07 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

Old 12-26-2016, 08:12 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,772 times
A somewhat belated Merry Christmas to our dear German-Canadian Almrausch!

Old 12-26-2016, 01:03 PM

126,288 posts, read 19,066,107 times

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and is ready fo ring in 2017.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:07 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Well, time to put a few more logs on the fire and sit back and contemplate all the things that have happened in the past few months and take a good look at our inner selves. There is way too much divisiveness among us and it's time to realize that all of the reasons for this divisiveness is man-made, our politics, our religion, and any other man-made thing that works against us as human beings. We're all the same and we're all looking for respect. So far I have seen that there are far too many things going on today that divide us than unite us and we need to get back to the basic beliefs that we are all one people. Regardless of what your religious beliefs or political beliefs may be, we're all the same and I think it's time to take a step back take a deep breath and seriously think about what kind of people we want to be.I wonder how many of you will step back into the sacred circle and sit with me in peaceful contemplation realizing that we were all one people. osaiy

Old 05-17-2017, 11:28 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Well, time to put a few more logs on the fire and sit back and contemplate all the things that have happened in the past few months and take a good look at our inner selves. There is way too much divisiveness among us and it's time to realize that all of the reasons for this divisiveness is man-made, our politics, our religion, and any other man-made thing that works against us as human beings. We're all the same and we're all looking for respect. So far I have seen that there are far too many things going on today that divide us than unite us and we need to get back to the basic beliefs that we are all one people. Regardless of what your religious beliefs or political beliefs may be, we're all the same and I think it's time to take a step back take a deep breath and seriously think about what kind of people we want to be.I wonder how many of you will step back into the sacred circle and sit with me in peaceful contemplation realizing that we were all one people. osaiy
Ahhhhhhh, yes ptsum...your always wise words.
You are correct. We need peace among ourselves, and all life. As you note...respect is key.
The urge to "fight" against others because they look or think or believe differently is at the root of it. We must resist that urge...and find acceptance, and a resonance of peace & love within ourselves...and put that forth instead.
I haven't been in The Sacred Circle in a long, long time...it is nice to be here. The best spot of the board. Thanx for such a wonderful place.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:44 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
I dunno, ptsum. I would like to, but I see far too much pushing of special interests at the expense of the totality of those people. I, for one want to see an honest assessment of who is being helped or hurt by the various programs and why.

I'd love to believe it is possible.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:38 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
I'm in.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
The young lads who put out my dock every Spring did so today. Took less than an hour before three bachelor Mallards commandeered it.

First truly hot day of the year and the blackflies were pretty bad. Good job they don't bite at night. And the skitters haven't quite started yet.

So, it's a good evening indeed to sit around the circle and consider some of the many positives life has to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality