Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 12:26 PM

348 posts, read 557,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
In actuality, I'd say most people here do believe in a God.
Quote:
It may not necessarily be the God of the Bible, but they do believe in something, or someone, Divine.
And, that's the whole point of this thread. Everyone is welcome to say what, or who, they believe in, and no one should be critical. That's why it's called the sacred circle, as we share our thoughts in peace. We are sharing our spiritual, and philosophical truths, as we understand them, one with another. Each person here is sharing what they believe, what gives them spiritual solace, grace, strength, and courage, hopefully without fear that others will tear them down, whether they are Christian, Wiccan, Jewish, or Buddhist. Whether they believe in the Great Spirit, the Lord and Lady, Yahweh, or Jesus Christ,
Quote:
is not important here
. What is important is that each of us is a "believer", sharing and learning, without tearing one another down. While it makes perfect sense for one person to believe in the God of the Bible, for others it makes just as much sense to believe in something/someone else. It's not a thread for stating who is wrong and who is right. There are plenty of other threads to debate such things, for those who choose to do so. Here, everyone is right, for choosing their own path.

Quote:
"Do What Thou Wilt" Satanist, Aleister Crowley".
CelticLady1 Whenever the word of God is suppressed, then you will quite often find that God does not exist in that realm. Like this circle. Here you have kicked out the God of Christ, and replaced Him with different Gods and your right, we all can make our choice. If you don't know, or are interested you should do a search on what a circle means to the occult. It has very strong symbolism. So, the God of the Holy Scriptures is non existent in your circle here.

Proverbs 28:5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 01:05 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
CelticLady1 Whenever the word of God is suppressed, then you will quite often find that God does not exist in that realm. Like this circle. Here you have kicked out the God of Christ, and replaced Him with different Gods and your right, we all can make our choice. If you don't know, or are interested you should do a search on what a circle means to the occult. It has very strong symbolism. So, the God of the Holy Scriptures is non existent in your circle here.

Proverbs 28:5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
Hiram, I think you will find quite the opposite here, nothing is being suppressed within the confines of the sacred circle and there is absolutely nothing satanic about it, and the God of Christianity is welcome here just as any other deity is. We are not here to be judgmental, every one of us within the circle understands that there are many different religions, beliefs and cultures in this world and rather than sit here and argue with one another about different beliefs, cultures,and religions, we sit here and respect one another and listen to one another and learn about each other so that when we go outside of the sacred circle we have a better understanding of how other people in other cultures and other religions live within this larger circle we call Earth. Our Creator has given us the capacity to be able to use our brain to think and to obtain knowledge and has given us the free will to use this as we see fit, we are all seeking the same thing and that is peace and happiness and understanding and respect, each and every one of us travel a different path towards that end, so neither one of us can say that the path that we follow is the right path for somebody else, it is only the right path for ourselves and I believe it is incumbent upon us to use the tools that our Creator has given us to find the correct way for each one of us, all of us here understand that there is no wrong way to honor our Creator, by whatever name he/she has that we have given it. This is the purpose of the sacred circle, we are here to learn from one another without prejudices or judgment and hopefully we go way a much better person and treat other people with respect.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I quite like this sacred circle, its about time for me to join it. Has anyone here tried to be truly lazy lately? How do you manage such a rewarding task in this world?

...Lets watch spongebob together too
coosjoaquin, welcome to the sacred circle, and don't tempt me about being lazy, my wife seems to think that I don't do enough around here as it is, I keep telling her that I'll get around to it, when the time is right, of course....

Old 06-12-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
Just found this thread and I'd like to step into the Sacred Circle...

I'm Catholic but have always been fascinated by other beliefs. A dear woman I met online more than a decade ago pointed out many similarities between her Wiccan beliefs and my Christian ones. We lost touch over the years but I think of her often. She was so generous with her knowledge and very patient in teaching me.

Currently, I'm studying the writings of Eckhart Tolle. I've passed The Power of Now on to my 26 year old son and I've just finished A New Earth. I may read it again because it's impacted me tremendously.

Thank you for welcoming me into this sacred circle.
scorpy, welcome, and isn't that interesting that the more we learn about other beliefs, the more we find that we are very similar. Knowledge is a wonderful thing, is it not....

Old 06-12-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Actually barbecued is my favorite. Believe or not it doesn't taste like chicken
It has a kind of sweet taste. I hope you get to try it someday!
And by the way, I like your post and agree, here there is no debating who is right or wrong. Here we see people with feelings and a heart and accept them with love and respect.
ILNC,you know at first I wouldn't have taking you as being a lover of fried coon,you do surprise me,however understanding that you love North Carolina, I should not be surprised.I have tried just about every kind of meat that you can think of,and cooked in every different kind of way you can think of,but that's just me,good to see another side of you ILNC....

Old 06-12-2008, 01:36 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post

I will admit, my first hasty inclination toward your post were some rather sharp words, (I don't have a loaded Celtic bloodline for nothing), but after giving it some thought, particularly after having read Ptsum's post, I believe I will let this rest. He answered you much better, and with a great deal more wisdom, than I ever could have.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:43 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
ILNC,you know at first I wouldn't have taking you as being a lover of fried coon,you do surprise me,however understanding that you love North Carolina, I should not be surprised.I have tried just about every kind of meat that you can think of,and cooked in every different kind of way you can think of,but that's just me,good to see another side of you ILNC....
Yea, sometimes all we get to see is the serious side of someone since most threads in this forum are serious, but I do have a funny side too. And barbecued
coon is wonderful and so is fried squirrel

Old 06-12-2008, 01:45 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,941,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Welcome, coos! Good to see you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62
Sure Coos, come on and sit...Look around and you will see June, Gasunshine and others who enjoy the peace and acceptance of all of us..
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA
Hey coos, so glad you joined us! Sit a spell and I might even fix you up some fried coon!
Why thank you everyone, your warm welcomes make me quite glad to have joined this circle. Sure I'll have some ILNC, out of the list of things to taste before I die I have already ticked off cat(soup), frog(fried) and cricked(choc) so I guess one more is fine

Quote:
Perhaps as you sit with us, you can help me to understand Spongebob. I just don't get him. My entire family can sit and laugh and laugh. I just sit and shake my head. I just don't get it.
I just love the fact that him being so positive makes him short of immortal. Nothing bad ever seems to happen to him.

Quote:
(I don't have time for lazy. But the circle is the place where I can find peace and time for contemplation.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62
I think a day of laziness is good for our bodies and minds every now and then..I had a busy day yesterday that made me tired, and tried my patience so I think I will be lazy today, and get myself reenergized by watching "The Waltons", and enjoying the fellowship of the people in this thread
I think being lazy is a great skill, I'm not talking about not doing anything and then feeling guilty for wasting your time(cause thats doing something) I'm talking a bout reaching a level of natural peace and calmness such as the one the philipino rice gatherers achieve during times of drought.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
The sacred circle is teaching me a valuable lesson in how to manage anger..

Old 06-12-2008, 02:29 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
The sacred circle is teaching me a valuable lesson in how to manage anger..
Yes, blue. I have decided that ptsum is good company. Very good company, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality