Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2022, 10:02 AM

50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The Church testifies about Jesus with authority. Why don't you believe this?
I wasn't talking about "The Church". I was talking about everyday people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Right...no different than, say, people noting that they "know" about how good the General Motors TH400 transmission is/was...but if you handed them a schematic diagram of it, they could not name the specific parts, tell you who invented it, or the detailed engineering of its function.
That does not mean they cannot declare "knowledge" of it or extol its overall virtues...and have that declaration be meritorious.

And the bold above ^^^...that also goes for those endlessly demanding "proof" and "objective evidence" from Theists.
Stop asking for proof of what can't be proven...instead, focus on the Faith/Belief and its core perceptions & philosophy.
Since this forum tends to be based on reactions to posts, perhaps if you all started discussing principles, you'd get some discussion about principles. I've tried several times asking YOU about the principles of your religion...and never got an answer to the queries.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:11 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
And the bold above ^^^...that also goes for those endlessly demanding "proof" and "objective evidence" from Theists.
Stop asking for proof of what can't be proven...instead, focus on the Faith/Belief and its core perceptions & philosophy.
We will stop asking for evidence for their claims when they stop posting their claims.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:16 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
We will stop asking for evidence for their claims when they stop posting their claims.
Spitting into strong winds and pounding sand ^^^...as usual.
I will pray for you.
People can make any claims they care to make, based upon their intuitions and perceptions. In fact...most do...about anything and everything.
They owe you no "proof", "objective evidence", or even a explanation...whether you ask or not.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Exactly. They need to start discussing principles, not facts they don't have.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Spitting into strong winds and pounding sand ^^^...as usual.
I will pray for you.
People can make any claims they care to make, based upon their intuitions and perceptions. In fact...most do...about anything and everything.
They owe you no "proof", "objective evidence", or even a explanation...whether you ask or not.
Nor do we owe you folks silence.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:34 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It seemed you were doing so well there for a bit, but now as I suspect we're getting sucked back into this orbit again, I'll bid my adieu for today...

Old 04-06-2022, 10:35 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I have. Those claims are literally moronic. The stupidest arguments I've ever read. Smoke and mirrors.

You're better than to be duped by them.

Come on. You don't believe that. If you do, then post something OUTSIDE THE BIBLE that a historian wrote about Jesus in Jesus' time or within 90 years of his birth. Who knows, maybe I missed something. Go on I dare you.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:40 AM

13,631 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Come on. You don't believe that. If you do, then post something OUTSIDE THE BIBLE that a historian wrote about Jesus in Jesus' time or within 90 years of his birth. Who knows, maybe I missed something. Go on I dare you.
Why does it have to be "outside the Bible"?

Why do you think the four biographies of Jesus (the Gospels) were included in the Bible?

In any case, there are non-canonical semi-biographical works that were written in the first century (Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of James, Gospel of Peter, etc.).

Since you don't believe Jesus existed, where did the Apostolic Churches come from (Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Assyrian Church of the East)?

Old 04-06-2022, 10:40 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And that's why I suggest that in the case of rude, disrespectful questionings, or endless repeat of the same questions...if after whatever answer one may care to give, they continue...just tell them to go spit into a strong wind and pound sand.
But that's just my suggestion for others. Myself...I will typically always engage (extensively, even)...because I actually find the harassing paradigms be entertaining & amusing, kinda like a horror movie or "insult comedy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality