Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2021, 04:41 PM

16,170 posts, read 7,142,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
So here I am.

Here is my question so I can understand this concept better.

If according to my perception Jack was rude, and Jack is convinced he wasn't rude, would universal truth have a say in the matter?
The second reality, all that truly exists in the universe, the same for all of US , will ask Jack to apologize. Unless Jack is part of the US, in which case he would choose the first reality, and will demand evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 04:58 AM

7,618 posts, read 4,193,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
The second reality, all that truly exists in the universe, the same for all of US , will ask Jack to apologize. Unless Jack is part of the US, in which case he would choose the first reality, and will demand evidence.
That's funny but not sure if it is meant to be light-hearted.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:06 AM

29,576 posts, read 9,806,210 times
Quote:
So here I am.

Here is my question so I can understand this concept better.

If according to my perception Jack was rude, and Jack is convinced he wasn't rude, would universal truth have a say in the matter?
No. Universal truth doesn't have a say. It is there for us to recognize or not. Also no, because whether Jack is rude is a subjective matter. Universal truth is not a subjective matter. We are, however, subjective about who better recognizes the truth for what it is and who does not.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:10 AM

22,685 posts, read 19,375,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
No. Universal truth doesn't have a say. It is there for us to recognize or not. Also no, because whether Jack is rude is a subjective matter. Universal truth is not a subjective matter. We are, however, subjective about who better recognizes the truth for what it is and who does not.
bold above = the ten items.
in their entirety.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:17 AM

29,576 posts, read 9,806,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
bold above = the ten items.
in their entirety.
Time for me to sign off now, but I hope more questions about this will greet me upon my return next time, because it's always a pleasure for me to clear up any confusion that I can about my Ten Truths...

That or recognize what about any of these truths is not true and correct. Again to your more recent comment, Tzap, how about a one specific as to anything I write in these truths that you would view as not true or incorrect. Please. One specific rather than continue to pepper this thread with generalities that seem to completely avoid the essential question about these truths. Are they true or not?

If not, I'm always delighted to consider what I may have got wrong with regard to any one of them.

Please/thanks.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
regarding bold above, i find that the succinct post below is applicable to the ten items.
because the ten items are just that: opinions, claims, beliefs, views of the person expressing them. "with all their heart" as LM likes to say.

Quote:
I feel the same which is why my approach is that opinions, claims, and beliefs are neither right nor wrong. Laughing would certainly give away my position. So would crying. And then there would be hurt feelings.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:46 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,994,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Any truth come from God , what did God tell you about this ?

Baloney. Nothing comes from God. He's totally indifferent to us--doesn't lift a finger to help us as can be demonstrated from just observing the world we live in as it goes to hell in a hand-basket. Of course it takes a rational person not brainwashed by religion to be able to discern this.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:49 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,994,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think you didn’t answer it clearly.

Unlike having “Faith in God”, does “Atheism” come from “common human awareness”?

Certainly. Human awareness that there is no supernatural deity moving in this world.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:59 AM

7,618 posts, read 4,193,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I will address this on the possibility that it is a serious answer. There is no doubt that in some cultures people expect apologies. Parents often tell their children to apologize. I don't enforce it, therefore, I am taking a guess here that it is not a universal expectation. While it is nice to do so and preferred in many places of the world and for good reasons, apologizing didn't work for me in my environment. I refuse to do anything that doesn't work for me and I will accept the consequences.

As far as evidence, the word has a negative connotation for some. For me, it's a great gift a person can give me.

Quote:
Do you have an example of what universal truth might be? My best example is this: an apple falls towards Earth because of gravity. It crosses all beliefs systems.

Old 12-19-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I will address this on the possibility that it is a serious answer. There is no doubt that in some cultures people expect apologies. Parents often tell their children to apologize. I don't enforce it, therefore, I am taking a guess here that it is not a universal expectation. While it is nice to do so and preferred in many places of the world and for good reasons, apologizing didn't work for me in my environment. I refuse to do anything that doesn't work for me and I will accept the consequences.As far as evidence, the word has a negative connotation for some. For me, it's a great gift a person can give me. Do you have an example of what universal truth might be? My best example is this: an apple falls towards Earth because of gravity. It crosses all beliefs systems.
why would you expect someone else to "give you evidence" instead of validating it and verifying it for yourself? That is the equivalent of relying on someone else to do your thinking for you. relying on others to tell you what to think and what to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality