Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 09:16 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,045,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
God so loved the world that he sends everyone to hell who does not love him back. And the "God is going to save everyone" universalist belief is BS that Christ himself did not subscribe to. Christ as recorded in the gospels, did talk quite assuredly about the eternal weeping and gnashing of teeth. All that talk of love and redemption interspersed with threats of eternal torture - pardon me, but I do see a problem with it.
Hmm, what does the above have to do with "Ken Ham's Opening Day at the Ark"?

Actually Christ never spoke in King James English and so never used the word "eternal" or "everlasting." He used the words "aion" and "aionios" to describe duration of specific events. If He wanted to use a word describing unendingness He would have used "aperantos." And He told His disciples to beware of the teachings of the Pharisees and Sadducees. The Pharisees believed in eternal torment. The Sadducees believed in eternal anhilation. Christ believed in neither. In fact, the resurrected Christ told Paul that "God will have all mankind to be saved for . . . Christ gave Himself a ransom for all (1 Tim.2:4-6). He never used the word "eternal torture."

Now we take you back to our regularly scheduled program . . . Ken Ham's opening Day at the Ark.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
How does the Ark Park address exercising the captives? Every animal needs exercise. Those pens are quite small.
How do you know the pens were quite small? Do you have the dimensions?

Old 07-12-2016, 09:22 AM

1,166 posts, read 760,804 times
LOL, that fake Ark looks like a lame Branson Missouri tourist trap. Or a very large dog boarding facility. I also wonder why they didn't just build this thing in Branson with its built in customer base of bored, elderly white people easily separated from their cash. Who in their right mind would waste $40 on something so stupid?

Old 07-12-2016, 09:26 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,974,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
There was only one pair of pigs on the ark.
Noah had a proper ventilation system. How do I know? He and family and animals all survived.
All manure creates methane/ammonia concentrations that are dangerous. Your problem is you actually believe the claptrap served out by a bunch of tales told around campfires by bronzed aged goat herders. Superstitious, ignorant, goat herders.

Critical thinking is not in your repertoire, is it?

Old 07-12-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
All manure creates methane/ammonia concentrations that are dangerous. Your problem is you actually believe the claptrap served out by a bunch of tales told around campfires by bronzed aged goat herders. Superstitious, ignorant, goat herders.

Critical thinking is not in your repertoire, is it?
If you think it's all just a fairy tale, what are you doing here getting all bothered? I suppose you go to town and tell people how ticked off you are at the Coyote for chasing after that road runner in that cartoon.

Obviously Noah had the system in order for dealing with any gas. He and family and animals did survive the voyage. So he must have had the proper system to deal with it.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
LOL, that fake Ark looks like a lame Branson Missouri tourist trap. Or a very large dog boarding facility. I also wonder why they didn't just build this thing in Branson with its built in customer base of bored, elderly white people easily separated from their cash. Who in their right mind would waste $40 on something so stupid?
Only very intelligent people would pay $40.00 to see the exhibit. Why do you ask?

Old 07-12-2016, 09:38 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,974,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If you think it's all just a fairy tale, what are you doing here getting all bothered? I suppose you go to town and tell people how ticked off you are at the Coyote for chasing after that road runner in that cartoon.

Obviously Noah had the system in order for dealing with any gas. He and family and animals did survive the voyage. So he must have had the proper system to deal with it.

Or, applying Occam's Razor, the whole story is bunkum.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
[/b]

Or, applying Occam's Razor, the whole story is bunkum.
No, it proves the historic account to be true. The simplicity of it all confounds people.

Now about Ken Ham's ark . . . .

Old 07-12-2016, 09:47 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,284,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That was funded with public monies? How the hell ... ?!!!

Still, 4000 on day one is OK. It would need to have impressed them to start a word of mouth advertising thing. The metal tubing animal pens don't impress me much.

Oops! ???
It's a public attraction that will bring a lot of people into the area. I'm planning a group bus trip next summer and we'll likely see if we can take in a Reds game while we're there.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's a public attraction that will bring a lot of people into the area. I'm planning a group bus trip next summer and we'll likely see if we can take in a Reds game while we're there.
Is your church in Ohio?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality