Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 07:08 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Maybe they bar-b-q'd a few unclean animals to feed the clean animals. And a fun time was had by all! Just kidding.

Some of our members here think the Flintstones was a series of documentaries. Many lusted after Betty.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:22 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You stated this:

"Who is the one who brought up Evolution in this thread first? That would be you. I simply responded to the ignorant statements that you made"

That would be a false statement. TRANSPONDER derailed the thread first by posting about evolution in post 14. It is not about YOU mentioning evolution. It is about YOU spreading falsehoods that I was the first one to talk about evolution in this thread. You can't even tell falsehoods very good either! Geesh!
Clueless as usual. Who brought up Evolution between the two of us in this thread first? Get it now? It's no surprise that you don't understand how to follow a simple discussion at all.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:25 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Here you go for those who have zero understanding of basic physics.

What Ken Ham’s Ark Encounter Fails to Address

Old 07-11-2016, 08:15 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Some of our members here think the Flintstones was a series of documentaries. Many lusted after Betty.
I know I do.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:17 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Here you go for those who have zero understanding of basic physics.

What Ken Ham’s Ark Encounter Fails to Address
I recall the long debate with Eusebius abut this, Aside the reduction of the species to a few Basic "Kinds" (1) that could super -evolve after being released to produce all the present varieties (within the limits of "Micro -evolution, of course - none of these "Baryma" having been found in the fossil record, but what does gaps in the fossil recorrd disprove? ), Eusebius argued that Cheng Ho's treasure ship was even longer and sailed from China to Malaya, the Ark was probably iron -framed (just because that isn't mentioned, doesn't prove that it wasn't done) and the Bible even claims an apparently anachronistic iron working by pre-deluvian peoples. There is nothing to show that the flood was stormy -it was just deep, and the Ark had stabilizing drogue -stones actually found at the Ark site.

I said he was the best.

(1) "Under these conservative assumptions, there were no more than 16,000 land animals and birds on the ark. " (AiG)

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-11-2016 at 09:05 PM..

Old 07-11-2016, 08:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Oh, 7 pair of them, OK. So fourteen 80 ton animals on a wooden ship.
Noah used extra-strong gopher wood for their compartments.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Noah used extra-strong gopher wood for their compartments.
That gopher wood is some sturdy stuff, all right.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, Noah's ark carried representatives of 7.7 million species. And some of those species didn't even need to be on the ark to survive such as the water animals. Care to try again?
Sure. Here is what the Bible says:

Genesis 6:20

Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. NIV

Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. KJV

Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground according to its kind, two of every sort shall come in to you, to keep them alive. RSV

The Bible says two of every kind, but you are saying that is not correct. Will you share why you believe the Bible is incorrect on this point? Where do you find the information that two of every kind were not included on the ark?

Old 07-11-2016, 08:58 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
7 million cages is still a heck of a lot. And there are very good reasons to suppose that you couldn't risk all the species of fish surviving. The thick heaps of fossil fish supposed to have been wiped out in the Flood show that.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:11 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
7 million cages is still a heck of a lot. And there are very good reasons to suppose that you couldn't risk all the species of fish surviving. The thick heaps of fossil fish supposed to have been wiped out in the Flood show that.
I wonder how they ventilated all that methane? What did the critters eat when they were released? No plants, and those meat eaters must have looked at those herbivores with drooling tongues. I wonder what spin the fairy tale believers of the Ark story could cobble together on those questions.

I'll bet dollars to donuts not one tries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.