Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 01:04 PM

926 posts, read 768,794 times

Advertisements

I think Lord of the Rings explains it very well. And the Silm chapter 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 04:51 PM

611 posts, read 283,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sometimes it just demands common sense.
Maybe a few smart guy here.

I didn't make it fishing, got 40 miles, and had to turn around and look at that TroutDude again, I outta just catch him and eat him...my God is alive and well...and he speaks to me...I warned TroutDude over in my Shooting the lip thread...my redeemer worm and me asked the Trout a question and await his wise words...
We might have fish for supper...

Common sense...naw, probably gonna take a lot more than that now. Too late for common sense.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:

If I told you that God commanded human beings not to murder but also told me to offer my child as a burnt offering on an altar after I'd finished my fruit, common sense would tell you that one or both of those things was a lie. Faith not needed.

That's pretty good. I'd quite asking that devil anything, and I don't believe he is up in the sky. Probably your best friend telling you that to get a free meal.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Um ... what?

Sometimes it simply demands common sense to determine what is a truth or a lie.
I don't know about that, Mark Twain said the truth has to make sense, a lie don't. Our work is much harder.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
This can be lies because no one else can reason correctly whether you have a motive to lie or not. People thus need faith to believe even when you say that you have no motive to lie (even this piece of claim needs faith to believe).

You don't even have the common sense for such a discussion.
"Skepticism, or doubt, is always the first armor of defense against foolishness."

Very little faith, like a mustard seed, is a good thing. Any faith that can leap over any fact or reason with the greatest of ease is not really worth anything to me.

1) A whole lot of Reasoning with a little bit of faith

or 2) a whole lot of faith with little or no reasoning

You are allowed to choose for yourself, my friend.

Common sense would be if someone lies to you once, that should give you a hint.
Reason and a little good faith. Too much will make you a fool.

God likes for you to exercise your senses and learn to know what good is instead of having to be told by someone all the time...told what to do by liars because you have too much faith and too little reasoning.

Anyhow, that's what I think.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:22 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,164,192 times
In one's own town, everyone is normal...Put up an internet forum and one realizes how screwed up all of us really are...No better, no worse than the next one...

Old 12-06-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
In one's own town, everyone is normal...Put up an internet forum and one realizes how screwed up all of us really are...No better, no worse than the next one...
And I can see my own weaknesses glaring back at me. My intentions was to post what I had to say and get the heck out of here…I knew if I started posting to others, it never goes well for me. Too long in the wilderness, lost in thought.

At the end of Revelations you will find the wall that we now face, and at the end of all our searching and seeking this is the Wall we must bounce off of: “He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he that is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still.” –Rev. 22:12

And then I spoke to the Lord regarding all mankind today: “Nobody should be that unjust, or that filthy, or that righteous, or that holy…should they?” Regarding that wall we are left to bounce off of.

And that I should give voice of that fiery furnace of affliction at the end time and the approaching of the final seven curses when we appear before the judgment seat of Christ: That every one may receive the things done in his body according to the things he has done. –2Corinthians 5:10&11 ie. Reap as we have sown.

Being the same as noted in Rev. 14:11 at a time the Number of the Beast is revealed…that they should change, repent, for God is only recompensing their own deeds upon their own heads…and I can’t be sure if God is doing that or they are just doing it to themselves, nonetheless: “The same shall drink the wine of the wrath of God…and shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.” And I take fire and brimstone to mean Hell on Earth. The seven final curses is their own doings upon their own heads in a final effort to get them to change their ways. That they may be refined into gold or cast away with the dross. That wickedness shall not remain.

I may be crude, I may burnout, I may have a meltdown, but am I insane? Just let the head doctor get everything I’ve posted here and take a good deep look at it before deciding if I am crazy or not.

And I am sorry I can’t do better in trying to express these things. I think the things I see being done today is enough to make any sane man crazy. And these things I've written here is a story I think needs to be told. These are those days.

-Rest in peace.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:24 AM

18,548 posts, read 9,238,261 times
Satan lives in a dumpster behind the Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh, PA.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:33 AM

23,321 posts, read 10,620,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
At the end of Revelations you will find the wall that we now face, and at the end of all our searching and seeking this is the Wall we must bounce off of: “He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he that is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still.” –Rev. 22:12

-Rest in peace.
What wall are you referring to?

Just a side note, the book of Revelation never has an s at the end.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,610,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Satan was created to give God plausible deniability for whatever has gone wrong.

Yuppers! Even more it's biblical.

isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Can't get any clearer then that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality