Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 12:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Satan lives in a dumpster behind the Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh, PA.
OMG...

I KNEW it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 01:57 PM

23,226 posts, read 10,508,445 times
Quote:
Satan lives in a dumpster behind the Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh, PA.
That's not true, I don't care how many thousands of people make that claim, it's bunk.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:10 PM

18,513 posts, read 9,193,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OMG...

I KNEW it.
Yep. Right next to the Cheesecake Factory.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:
Yep. Right next to the Cheesecake Factory.
I figured that was why CF was so sinfully good. And why I always feel so dirty after eating it...(but I'd do it again)

Quote:
That's not true, I don't care how many thousands of people make that claim, it's bunk.
What if I could come up with eyewitness accounts and a scroll?

Old 12-13-2015, 01:35 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,820,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Witnessing is like history, it's up to you to believe it or not even in the case that it's a truth.

Jude 1:9 (NIV)
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!"

Isaiah 14:15-17 (NIV)
But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit.
Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: “Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble,
the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?”

(James 1:1-1)
1Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, [and] called: 2Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
God's Judgment on the Ungodly

(Genesis 4:1-7; Romans 2:1-16)
3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. 4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
5I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
8Likewise also these [filthy] dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. 10But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. 12These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds [they are] without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 13Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. 16These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling [words], having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:30 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,250,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
(James 1:1-1)
1Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, [and] called: 2Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
God's Judgment on the Ungodly

(Genesis 4:1-7; Romans 2:1-16)
3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. 4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
5I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
8Likewise also these [filthy] dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. 10But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. 12These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds [they are] without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 13Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. 16These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling [words], having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Could I get the "explain it like I'm 5" version of this? The "going after strange flesh" part is intriguing.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:51 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
-

I’m not here to make friends or enemies.
I’m not here for much idle or casual conversation.
I’m not here for very much discussion.

I am here as a messenger.
I am the one you are likely looking for to throw stones at.
And I am direct.

What I am looking for here is someone that reads the scriptures and has some ability to reason. I have a message that I can only spin around and around. No matter how I say it, it is the same message. And there is much light in this message. And once you understand a little of it, and reason with the concept around and around in your mind, it generates more light for itself. I’m here to expose you to this “New Light.”

Anyone that has read my posts has a general idea of my path and this circle. So I’ll begin at the beginning again…

First, the evil characteristics of the spirit of Satan, that lying tongue that goes forth upon it’s hungry belly is the same evil characteristics found in men. The spirit of that subtle serpent, that lying tongue, is found under our own two lips.

My proof that this concept is true begins here;
The beginning of Satan – the first of Satan – the origin of Satan:

“Now the serpent [that lying tongue] was more subtle than any beast of the field, which the Lord God had made.” Genesis 3:1

What does, more subtle than any beast that the Lord God had made suggest to you? I read all that God created and the hosts of it all, and it was all very good with no devil in heaven or upon earth. And then God rested –-work finished–-done deal. Wonderful place. All that God created and no devil anywhere unless you account God a liar or Satan as very good, Genesis 1: 31 is proof of this. [And it soon becomes oblivious God does not think that spirit of Satan, that serpent, that lying tongue is very good at all].

And what does God do about it? He gives Adam and Eve a warning. Eve begins to rehearse what God said and reason in that tree of knowledge and basically accuses God of having a lying tongue…rejection of God, a God of truth. Eve “Saw” that the fruit of that tree was good. God saw different. Eve saw and it pleased “Her” eyes. It was not pleasant in God’s eyes. Eve saw and it pleased her and she “Desired” it, thinking it wise to eat. It was not wise in God’s eyes. Eve made up her own mind, Eve decided, Eve “Took” and did eat. But then they heard the voice of God again and he was not pleased with them. Allowing for figure of speech, all this can be found in Genesis 3:1-7

“Every person is tempted when they are lured and enticed by their own desire. Then desire, when it is has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when fully grown brings forth death.” –James 1:14-15 What can I say…EXACTLY!

Adam and Eve did not desire to follow after the spirit of God. It was not pleasant for God to be around them. And he made it pretty clear how he felt. But what did God do? God decided, “As you wish, and expelled them from Eden. ”In essence, he hid his eyes from them, meaning he couldn’t stand to look at them. For they had rejected the wisdom of God.

And he bid them goodbye and gave them a piece of his mind: Woe, Who, and Woes unto the woman and those that follow her spirit. And he sent Adam to till the ground with some lying tongue, to go forth upon his hungry belly and eat dust all the days of his life.

“O generations of vipers, how can you being evil speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” –Matt. 12:34-35

And since many of you reject this concept, here is a little prick for you: Since this subtle serpent no longer has any legs and now goes forth upon his hungry belly seeking whatsoever he may devour how is it we find Him in Job 1:7 “Going to and fro in the dust of the earth, and from “Walking” up and down in it”? Satan grew new legs? And since you don’t like my rendering with or scripture support I provide, show me where, when, or how Satan grew new legs. Give me some contrary scripture support for Satan and his new walking legs. How could that be?

I contend, no, I insist, that the spirit of that poisonous viper from the beginning was found under our own two lips…and goes forth upon our own hungry belly seeking whatsoever it may devour.

It is a different beginning, consider it.

“Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasts great things, behold how great a matter a little fire kindles! The tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defiles the whole body and sets on fire the course of nature: and it is set on [the] fire of hell. For every kind of beasts [which the Lord God had made] , and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea [which the Lord God had made], is tamed, and has been tamed by mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.” –James 3:5-8

The problem comes from the fullness hearts of men from which the tongue speaks. So what does God say he will do?

“I will give them a new heart ..” –Ezekiel 36 & 26
“I will give them a heart to know me…” Jer. 24:7

Characteristics of the spirit of Satan found in mankind and where the seat of Satan is found:

“Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand: there is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, that is what defiles him…For from within, out of the heart of men proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lascivious, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within and defile a man. ” Mark 7:14–16 & 21-23

I’m convinced, this concept has legs, and why shouldn’t I be?
because what you think is real and what is real mat be quite different.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:34 PM

611 posts, read 281,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
because what you think is real and what is real may be quite different.
I'll think what I think, and I'll let it be me. I'm real, I know that much.

If God is Love, and Love can start a Fire, I'll try to burn this place down tonight and test it.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:03 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,895,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I'll back this up -- I saw him shouting at me from a tree down the street last week.

Oh. Wait.

That was a squirrel.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:12 AM

63,940 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Could I get the "explain it like I'm 5" version of this? The "going after strange flesh" part is intriguing.
Pinnacled does not speak plain English. He is trapped in a symbolic world with Hannibal and Rbbi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality