Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 10:41 AM

210 posts, read 393,804 times

Advertisements

A woman was handing out business cards in the subway station a few weeks ago for an astrologer. I'm interested in visiting her, just for fun and curiosity. Should I go alone or bring someone with me? What should I expect from the visit? Some of the statements mentioned on the card are:

"I will remove and destroy all bad luck, witchcraft, obeya, jado, voodo and protect you from all evils."

"101% removal of BLACK MAGIC & give 101% lifelong protection"

Should I go if I'm interested? Even if it's all fake and none of her "powers" work, is there any harm in visiting? Could it be a scam for something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 11:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life7 View Post
A woman was handing out business cards in the subway station a few weeks ago for an astrologer. I'm interested in visiting her, just for fun and curiosity. Should I go alone or bring someone with me? What should I expect from the visit? Some of the statements mentioned on the card are:

"I will remove and destroy all bad luck, witchcraft, obeya, jado, voodo and protect you from all evils."

Should I go if I'm interested? Even if it's all fake and none of her "powers" work, is there any harm in visiting? Could it be a scam for something else?
It's a scam.

Astrologers don't do what I bolded above. But frauds do.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:15 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
What should I expect from the visit?
You should expect to be separated from your money.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:46 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,187,400 times
Find out how much she charges, I'll do it for half, can do it long distance, with no waiting time or travel . You don't even have to comb your hair or put on shoes.
I am able to take PayPal.
I will admit I can only give 100% assurance.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:53 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,113,519 times
Quote:

Do you believe yourself plagued by witchcraft, obeya, jado, voodoo and black magic?

If that represents your mindset, then you probably should go.

If you recognize the above for the utter nonsense that it is, then you should not even be considering it for a second, unless you have some desire to enrich this fraud at your expense.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:13 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,725 times
it's a scam. keep your money or donate it to the needy.

now I'm not saying that there are no people with certain gifts, I think we all have gifts to an extent, but if someone is handing out business cards saying they will remove black magic and destroy bad luck, then they're just an entertainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6uj1ruTmGQ

Old 05-30-2015, 01:45 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,625,643 times
Quote:
Well, of course it's a scam.

The only harm that can come of it is that when you leave her place, you won't have as much money as you had when you went in - if she's a fake, and her "powers" are unable to do you any good, then they're not going be able to do you any harm either. But if you're interested in going and don't mind spending the money you know damned well it will cost, then there's no reason not to go.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:

Need you ask?

If you're curious, go. If you have money you don't know what to do with, go.

Otherwise, stay home and read a good book. Maybe this one - An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural by James Randi (An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural - Kindle edition by James Randi. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.)

I will say that a woman I knew who was going through hard times made regular visits to a palm reader. From what my friend said, it was very clear that the palm reader was a very good listener, and I am sure that is what helped my friend. The palm reader was a *lot* cheaper than a therapist would have been!

Old 05-30-2015, 05:40 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,725 times
Quote:

You need to post this woman's number because there's a curse going around city data and some people need her help ASAP.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:30 PM

210 posts, read 393,804 times
Thanks for the replies. I actually thought something like this would be free, since it sounded silly and something you'd go to just for fun. There are no prices mentioned on the card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality