Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 10:41 AM

130 posts, read 161,142 times

Advertisements

The woman with the cards is a con artist. I'm guessing from the Caribbean as I have not heard "obeya" said since I left my parents' home, lol. Old time! Beyond the danger of losing cash to this woman, please do not go if you are at all suggestible. One of the mothers of the Cleveland women held in that dungeon went to a big-time "psychic" and asked if she should keep looking for her missing daughter. The psychic said no and that her daughter was dead. She took the psychic at her word and stopped looking for her. Don't let this ********* keep into your head in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 11:38 AM

101 posts, read 100,482 times
Default Astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Does it even matter whether a person was born naturally or with the help of a surgical method? If the issue is not the method of delivery but rather the time of birth; the parents of the child (and/or the doctor) can (according to you) predetermine a person's personality by manipulating the time of birth by c-section or inducing childbirth? What difference does it make if a person is born five minutes before or five minutes later than everyone else born that day? The fact (What fact(s) are you referring to?) remains that his ((or her)? entering the world during a certain month/season must have had a profound influence on his (or her) personality, since it was a major event in his((or her) life.
I'm not sure what you are saying here..."...major event..." Please explain it's relevancy ?

Science has even started to confirm that the time of year a person is born will affect their personality.
"How has "...science started to confirm.." that a person's birth year affects a person's personality? Can you provide examples of scientific studies that demonstrate this?
In fact here are hundreds of scientific studies that demonstrate just the opposite; astrology has nothing to do with a person's personality. There is not one scientific study that demonstrates the validity and/or reliability of astrology or astrologers.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-02-2015 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Red text is reserved for Moderator actions.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:59 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,718,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yes.

Are you next going to ask me how one tells one from the other?

You'll have to test-drive them yourself and come to your own conclusions.

I strongly suspect those are the only ones you'll accept.
Much like a stopped clock is correct twice a day, sometimes an astrologer is correct.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:18 PM

22,866 posts, read 19,489,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again Skeptic View Post
How did the doctor determine the exact time of birth for each of your twins? What and how was a two minute difference in birth time defined and determined ?

I would contend that the relevant determiners (at conception not birth) are the genetic make-up of the parent's combined 46 chromosomes (23 each from sperm and egg) that determine eye color, intelligence, number of muscle cells, height, quick twitch muscle fibers, etc.
doctors don't determine anything, they aren't that smart
you can contend away, but there is more to life than the mere physical components.
you are severely limited if you reduce a human to the mere bits you listed.

Divine Providence is smarter than that. Your limited understanding simply can't take in a more advanced intelligence that is running the universe.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:40 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,286,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
you can contend away, but there is more to life than the mere physical components.
You do not have to believe in the substance of all nonsense in order to enjoy some of it.

And what you see as limiting, I see as getting rid of the needless clutter.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:41 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,718,197 times
Quote:

Divine Providence is smarter than that. Your limited understanding simply can't take in a more advanced intelligence that is running the universe.
Unless you consider yourself "special", with this being the case, how can you know anything about the "advanced intelligence" in the universe?

Old 06-02-2015, 06:49 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,770,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpfoodie View Post
The woman with the cards is a con artist. I'm guessing from the Caribbean as I have not heard "obeya" said since I left my parents' home, lol. Old time! Beyond the danger of losing cash to this woman, please do not go if you are at all suggestible. One of the mothers of the Cleveland women held in that dungeon went to a big-time "psychic" and asked if she should keep looking for her missing daughter. The psychic said no and that her daughter was dead. She took the psychic at her word and stopped looking for her. Don't let this ********* keep into your head in any way.
Yes, it was that evil con artist Sylvia Browne. She told the mom her daughter was dead, and the mom died thinking this. I would not be surprised if the mom died because of this incorrect news she received about her daughter. The daughter was later rescued.

I saw a youtube video of charlatan Sylvia Browne doing a reading for a woman who lost her husband. Sylvia pretended that she was speaking to this dead husband, and said he drowned in water. The woman with a confused looked told Sylvia her husband was a firefighter who died in the rubble on 9/11. Instead of coming clean and admitting she is a lying sack of s**t who only pretends to talk to dead people, Sylvia insisted that the guy drowned in water, and told the woman there must have been water in the rubble and that is how her husband died, because that is what his spirit was telling her. That woman was disgusting and a reason to believe in the devil.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:14 PM

101 posts, read 100,482 times
Default Astrology

Quote:
But they can determine the exact time of birth; day, hour and minute by performing a c-section or inducing labor.
I agree, there is more to life (such as the influence of enviornment); but you never answered the question. Were your "twins" identical or fraternal?
Are these "bits" of genetic material you are referring to called chromosomes? Are you familiar with the human "genome?'

I am really not interested in discussing a "divine providence" and I don't believe this thread mentioned anything related to that concept to begin with? I thought we were discussing astrology and astrologers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality