Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 06:10 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Consistency isn't his strong suit.
I'm completely consistent TDude. We all have our base reason for being here.
I've been stating mine for years: https://www.city-data.com/forum/14805285-post45.html
Do a search under my name for "Initiated Amusement" and you'll be hip to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 09:27 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I love my exchanges with you too...so, of course I'll explain how it is different.

FIRST: Fry had his scenario set for him, and was responding to it. While I set my own scenario, and thus was able to control the whole thing. Even up to and including a fix of the problem oft proffered by the Nonbelievers of having to eternally bow and grovel in heaven. How could I be idiotic, when I fixed everybody's afterlife everything?!!
Fry solved nothing...he just set himself up for eternal torment and did nothing to help anybody else either. THAT is idiotic!

SECOND: Fry was slamming the entity that is supposedly the Creator and equated with love, joy, and goodness. I was putting it on the entity that is supposedly against the Creator and equated with hatred, pain, and evil. That it is Satan (evil) instead of God (good) I put it to is what makes all the difference in the entire vibe of my game.

THIRD: It was obvious to anybody what I put forth was a joke and intended to be completely in jest (I've put that up a bunch of times)...OTOH Fry was completely serious and putting forth the position he actually thinks and feels that he has stated many, many times before.

Be well...and try to stay warm.
Thanks - it's freezy cheezy in NY today Gldnrule. Would you believe we moved here from California 6 weeks ago where I lived all year round in t shirts and sandals. Most people thing we are crazy but I love it here in the snow - was glad to see the back of California TBH.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:19 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Thanks - it's freezy cheezy in NY today Gldnrule. Would you believe we moved here from California 6 weeks ago where I lived all year round in t shirts and sandals. Most people thing we are crazy but I love it here in the snow - was glad to see the back of California TBH.
I live upsatate (Hyde Park, just north of Poughkeepsie) and have a house near the top of a mountain I own.
As I was coming home from the club this morning at about 5AM the reading on the thermometer in my truck was 14 below zero and the wind was screaming over the mountain so hard I could hardly open the truck door against it. I can't imagine what the wind chill figure was. Wow. No matter...I'll be soaked with sweat doing yard work in a few months going on about the heat. HaHa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality