Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 09:17 PM

495 posts, read 614,977 times

Advertisements

What would you say if after you died you found that Hitler and Stalin and the Boston Marathon bomber went to heaven and lived everlasting paradise?

And the people who risked their lives on the front lines to save a child in Afganistan/Iraq that would have been molested/killed...or died heroically
---
Faced eternal torture....eternal burning flames and the feeling you get when drowning except without losing consciousness ....so eternal neverending suffering

And the answer you get is "God says "I'm not so nice" and that's the way it goes....sorry to burst your bubble

If after 200 hours of endless torture...you were selected to have 5 minutes to speak to the people of earth and then the eternal torture resumes indefinitely, what advice would you give? You now note God is going to give you heaven if you are bad, not good. What advice do you give?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 09:26 PM

495 posts, read 614,977 times
I guess the question is would you oppose God and continue at the price of endless torture and suffering to be kind to others? or would you oppose "goodness" and hurt innocent people shamelessly and stand with God and in turn receive everlasting heaven as a reward?

Old 12-01-2014, 09:30 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,164,743 times
No matter what kind of God I've ever envisioned, that's one possibility that just doesn't make any sense to me.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:46 PM

7,747 posts, read 12,690,621 times
There is no such thing as a "good person" in Hell.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:24 AM

6,321 posts, read 4,349,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Wanna bet?

I mean ... assuming your beliefs are true for the moment, there are oodles of good people in Hell. Unless you're going to say that the 4.5 billion Hindus, Muslims, Taoists, Buddhists, atheists, etc. are all bad people.

That would only be possible if you defined "bad" as "anyone who didn't join my cult and worship my god."

Old 12-02-2014, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Wanna bet?

I mean ... assuming your beliefs are true for the moment, there are oodles of good people in Hell. Unless you're going to say that the 4.5 billion Hindus, Muslims, Taoists, Buddhists, atheists, etc. are all bad people.
Exactly.

I mean according to Christian doctrine/Christian dictates of who goes to hell and who doesn't, Ghandi is in hell.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:41 AM

What if only Christians go to hell, because they chose to believe in a mythology that divided, caused wars, instituted mass torture and murders to the tune of literally millions throughout its history, caused centuries of loss of property and livelihood (to "nonbelievers"), caused people to turn on one another in order to save themselves from torture and death and so on (i.e. the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, various witch trials all throughout Europe and on a micro-scale, in the Americas, the murder of whole societies of Native Americans and so on), dared to worship a human being as a God, caused people to hate others and themselves as having been "born in sin" with all the ensuing strange and even sometimes criminal backlash that such a warped person might engage in as a result of that degree of self-hatred festering in his/her psyche for a lifetime, blacklisted people from jobs, taught children to hate, caused the most extreme judgments possible on one another, blasphemed God's creation (man) by claiming that creation to be inherently bad, etc., etc.?

Now that I could see.

Perhaps (given the possibility of a devil, which I'm shaky on to say the least), Satan created Christianity. I mean what could possibly make a devil happier than watching all that for centuries? And all "in the name of good," I mean it even has a Satan-esque extreme irony to it. I can just picture the devil rubbing his hands and laughing over this unbelievable 2050+ -year long fiasco of torturings, killings, and mass hatred of pitting man against man.

You all better just hope you're backing the right horse in the religion-go-round spin wheel of chance. Otherwise, who knows what's in store for believing what you did throughout your life. Ouch.

Last edited by JerZ; 12-02-2014 at 04:55 AM..

Old 12-02-2014, 04:41 AM

4,432 posts, read 7,013,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Just because someone is considered good does not necessary mean the person goes to heaven. Only God knows everyone's fate when they die.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:48 AM

Whoops - delete - sorry - was answering the wrong quote.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:11 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,680,804 times
well, if you get what you want in heaven then people like stalin are in heaven. And I am going to hell because I want nothing to do with that heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality