Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 05:34 PM

7,740 posts, read 12,679,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't think of God's (or nature's) creation in this way.

I don't think of it as a worthless thing that needs saving.

You are fingering other people as "in need of saving" when you state "all" here...you realize that, right? I don't think that's your place. You can have whatever beliefs you want to have, about yourself (even if they're unhealthy and make you feel bad about yourself)...but deciding all of humanity must be vile and in need of saving isn't something you could possibly know, now is it?
Look around you. If you're one of the billions of people that ever complain about murder, abuse, and famine that plague the world, I don't think you need to ask anyone why we need saving. All of that came from sin. There's no murder, abuse, or famine anywhere in Heaven. Earth is suppose to look like Heaven. Not like Hell. That's why the world needs the blood of Jesus. It was intended to wash the world and sin out of so we can enter Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 05:56 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,269,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
What would you say if after you died you found that Hitler and Stalin and the Boston Marathon bomber went to heaven and lived everlasting paradise?

And the people who risked their lives on the front lines to save a child in Afganistan/Iraq that would have been molested/killed...or died heroically
---
Faced eternal torture....eternal burning flames and the feeling you get when drowning except without losing consciousness ....so eternal neverending suffering

And the answer you get is "God says "I'm not so nice" and that's the way it goes....sorry to burst your bubble

If after 200 hours of endless torture...you were selected to have 5 minutes to speak to the people of earth and then the eternal torture resumes indefinitely, what advice would you give? You now note God is going to give you heaven if you are bad, not good. What advice do you give?
What makes you think there is such a thing as a "good person"? The Bible says in numerous places that there is no one righteous.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,316,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What makes you think there is such a thing as a "good person"? The Bible says in numerous places that there is no one righteous.
The good people are volunteering in refugee camps, visiting the incarcerated, buying Toys for Tots so an inner city kid will have a present on Christmas.

If you don't know any of them.... your loss.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,138,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Look around you. If you're one of the billions of people that ever complain about murder, abuse, and famine that plague the world, I don't think you need to ask anyone why we need saving. All of that came from sin. There's no murder, abuse, or famine anywhere in Heaven. Earth is suppose to look like Heaven. Not like Hell. That's why the world needs the blood of Jesus. It was intended to wash the world and sin out of so we can enter Heaven.
If we had more of a respect for humanity and less of a sense that we are just pieces of garbage, broken, sinful, worthless and so on, I would hazard a guess that there would be a lot less crime.

You don't think it would be a bit harder to slam someone in the side of the head with a blunt instrument and steal his money if you didn't see him as just another worthless, sinful piece of nothing in a whole giant garbage pile of billions of born sinners?

We would probably also have much more respect for people we can't actually see face-to-face, and more of a sense that people in third world countries DO count for something and SHOULD be fed.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:14 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,973,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The good people are volunteering in refugee camps, visiting the incarcerated, buying Toys for Tots so an inner city kid will have a present on Christmas.

If you don't know any of them.... your loss.
No, if you don't know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior you are lost, there is none righteous.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:28 PM

20,268 posts, read 13,658,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
No, if you don't know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior you are lost, there is none righteous.
Righteous-ness, the state of being right, is evidenced by right actions, not by adherence to theological abstractions. Rightness of action is evidenced by beneficial or harmful results to society.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:28 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,973,012 times
Quote:
What would you say if after you died you found that Hitler and Stalin and the Boston Marathon bomber went to heaven and lived everlasting paradise?

And the people who risked their lives on the front lines to save a child in Afganistan/Iraq that would have been molested/killed...or died heroically
---

Faced eternal torture....eternal burning flames and the feeling you get when drowning except without losing consciousness ....so eternal neverending suffering

And the answer you get is "God says "I'm not so nice" and that's the way it goes....sorry to burst your bubble

If after 200 hours of endless torture...you were selected to have 5 minutes to speak to the people of earth and then the eternal torture resumes indefinitely, what advice would you give? You now note God is going to give you heaven if you are bad, not good. What advice do you give?
This actually could be true if someone as we think as evil as Hitler were to have repented and had a change of heart, he actually could have attained heaven, I have heard that the "Son of Sam" Berkowitz while in prison has turned his life over to the Lord so he if sincere could attain Heaven also whereas someone who has never considered Christ as personal Savior will more than likely not attain Heaven as believers we know we can't save ourselves, impossible, good deeds, works are not enough, He came to die on the cross for our sins while satan would love to see us suffer in hell(hades)

Old 12-04-2014, 03:27 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,164,192 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure what I'm describing is the church of satan the devil
Do whatever thou wilt...Have you ever actually read the Satanic Bible?...

Old 12-04-2014, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Well you can call yourself a scumbag if you want, I am a sinner who needs a Savior and sorry if you are part of a cult, oh well I am not and won't be looking for golden parachutes when I die but angel(s)given me a lift to the top floor called Heaven, it will be worth more than all the money in this sinful nature world because money will be worthless.
You are in for a big shock when you die...

Old 12-04-2014, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Noah, Elijah, Enoch?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality