Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 11:13 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,137,350 times

Advertisements

My grandmother was a strong Christian who always believed to the end. So when she died, just before she died, she was talking about what she was seeing. And she was seeing people standing around with golden crowns on their heads, greeting her...

At first it sounded normal, like it's the way it's supposed to be. That's what Christians hope for. But then I thought: hmm, but if those people in golden crowns are standing around greeting her does that mean that they always stand around in their golden crowns and greet everyone as they come into heaven? (At least 1 Christian probably dies each day...)

That means that this is all those people ever do?

So how to explain this vision? I am assuming that she was just seeing a perception of what she believes heaven should be like. Like a vision created by her brain especially for her. Like some of the near death experiences also: people see what they expected to see at times. And at other times, they see other things.
But think of dreaming. It's all created by our brain and yet we don't think we would have thought of it (some of the things we dream about). So it's created by us and yet not by conscious part of us. So it could be the same with near death experiences.

It could be created by a subconscious part of the person's brain (all the imagery) and the person (like an atheist) meets Jesus because his brain has heard about Jesus throughout his life and has created this imagery even though the atheist didn't really expect to see Jesus when he "died".

Having said that, I do believe that some of these experiences are real and they meet real spirits. However, I believe that they are not perceiving reality. They are perceiving whatever is created for them to perceive. So even though the communications COULD be real, the actual imagery is just something they would understand or expect.

Just my take on things.

Any comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 11:58 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,670,188 times
it's all an illusion and up to each individual's interpretation...

Old 08-16-2014, 12:01 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,778,812 times
That is my inclination as well. It would be VERY interesting to collate these various experiences and see whether they appear to represent some coherent reality or rather individual dreams, so to speak.

But then the explanation would be that Reality dresses up its actors in appropriate costume for each individual going under knife, truck or landslide so as not to puzzle them.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,225,811 times
One of my great-grandmothers, whom we called Little Baba* lived to be 99+. However, the last three or four years of her life she spent blind and virtually bedridden in my grandparents' home.

She was a tiny woman, barely 5' and even in her prime, didn't top 90 pounds. Near the end, she was even tinier, with lovely white hair down to her waist, which Granny would braid for her.

Baba spent much of her last years sitting upright in the center of her bed and chatting amiably (in Ukrainian) with Jesus and Mary and her parents and whomever else might drop by for a visit. It was cute to watch her pat the bed beside her for her invisible-to-us visitors to sit for a spell.

I don't think it really matters whether she was truly receiving discarnate visitors or not. It brought her peace and that's all we who loved her cared about.

* To differentiate her from Big Baba, another great-grandmother who, at about 5' 6", towered over Little Baba.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:24 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,683,466 times
You may want to read through all of this article. Mystery of Death Solved: DMT is the Key

It totally explains it, and relates to your thoughts.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:26 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,030,719 times
Maybe that's what the silver chord is fastened to. Either way, if I have an OBE, I'm going to opt to re-enter through my arse.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:38 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,902,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
But then I thought: hmm, but if those people in golden crowns are standing around greeting her does that mean that they always stand around in their golden crowns and greet everyone as they come into heaven? (At least 1 Christian probably dies each day...)

Sure, it's a tough job to stand around all day with a heavy gold crown on your head, but if you complain your god might send you somewhere else.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:56 AM

88,682 posts, read 84,998,937 times
My grandfather saw his brother, who had died twenty years before, the day before his death. Kept yelling, "Wait for me, Tom! I'm coming tomorrow!"

Didn't mention if Great-Uncle Tom wore any headgear.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:32 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,750,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
My grandmother was a strong Christian who always believed to the end. So when she died, just before she died, she was talking about what she was seeing. And she was seeing people standing around with golden crowns on their heads, greeting her...

At first it sounded normal, like it's the way it's supposed to be. That's what Christians hope for. But then I thought: hmm, but if those people in golden crowns are standing around greeting her does that mean that they always stand around in their golden crowns and greet everyone as they come into heaven? (At least 1 Christian probably dies each day...)

So how to explain this vision? I am assuming that she was just seeing a perception of what she believes heaven should be like. Like a vision created by her brain especially for her. Like some of the near death experiences also: people see what they expected to see at times. And at other times, they see other things.
But think of dreaming. It's all created by our brain and yet we don't think we would have thought of it (some of the things we dream about). So it's created by us and yet not by conscious part of us. So it could be the same with near death experiences.

It could be created by a subconscious part of the person's brain (all the imagery) and the person (like an atheist) meets Jesus because his brain has heard about Jesus throughout his life and has created this imagery even though the atheist didn't really expect to see Jesus when he "died".

Having said that, I do believe that some of these experiences are real and they meet real spirits. However, I believe that they are not perceiving reality. They are perceiving whatever is created for them to perceive. So even though the communications COULD be real, the actual imagery is just something they would understand or expect.

Just my take on things.

Any comments?

Here is why I don't buy the subconscious hallucination or dreaming theory. It's too convenient. Every night when we sleep, the same subconscious takes over and forms dreams out of the pieces of our conscious experience. It is completely random and often jumbled up. So why would the same subconscious craft an afterlife experience dream in all these people? They should just be having a regular dream like any other night. But it is specific very detailed experiences that they remember clearly. I can have a vivid dream and it disappears from my mind immediately when I wake up. Not with NDE's.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:57 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,002,226 times
Why do people keep insisting that after life has any relation to the present life?

Quote:
if those people in golden crowns are standing around greeting her does that mean that they always stand around in their golden crowns and greet everyone as they come into heaven
Maybe they work on shifts.........lotta people have died over the years, I'm sure not all of them were there when Baba crossed over. Considering they are outside our physical and time constrained existence, maybe they have 8 millennium on and 16 millennium off..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality