Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:18 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,240,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
If you are a believer, why do you think you are more wonderful and better than all other creatures on Earth and have been given this remarkable ability for eternal survival that nothing else in life has?
Because God made us in His image, unlike all the other creatures, with the potential for immortality.

Last edited by Bideshi; 08-21-2014 at 08:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 09:29 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,678,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Because God made us in His image, unlike all the other creatures, with the potential for immortality.

I'm a little curious, whose God and what image?..... there seems to be so many different gods that it's hard to imagine exactly what image your talking about.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:31 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,765,327 times
Quote:

If you are a believer, why do you think you are more wonderful and better than all other creatures on Earth and have been given this remarkable ability for eternal survival that nothing else in life has?
I am a believer and in no way do I think I am better than ANY other creature on Earth. I am not sure why anyone would assume that about believers.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:11 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,351,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I am a believer and in no way do I think I am better than ANY other creature on Earth. I am not sure why anyone would assume that about believers.
But doesn't it make you feel special that you get to go to heaven and live forever while for all the others it's one and out? If I was a believer I would think so.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
But doesn't it make you feel special that you get to go to heaven and live forever while for all the others it's one and out? If I was a believer I would think so.
I'm not really sure what you are saying here. Are you saying I believe that I get to go to heaven and everyone else does not? If that is what you're saying then I am not sure why you would think I believe that? I believe in an after life, but I am not sure where you got the other stuff from. It's never a good idea to assume you know what others think/believe.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I'm not really sure what you are saying here. Are you saying I believe that I get to go to heaven and everyone else does not? If that is what you're saying then I am not sure why you would think I believe that? I believe in an after life, but I am not sure where you got the other stuff from. It's never a good idea to assume you know what others think/believe.
ashley, I'm talking about being in the same class as humans. Humans get to go to heaven; other creatures don't. So that would make you very special.

Unless you believe differently...............

Old 08-21-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
ashley, I'm talking about being in the same class as humans. Humans get to go to heaven; other creatures don't. So that would make you very special.

I don't believe only humans have an after life. I believe all creatures do. I also think that we have no clue what other planets are out there that are inhabited and I would not exclude them either. I don't believe I am more special than any other creature. Okay, maybe not all creatures because I do hope there are no mosquitoes in the after life, haha.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:49 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,692,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Here is why I don't buy the subconscious hallucination or dreaming theory. It's too convenient. Every night when we sleep, the same subconscious takes over and forms dreams out of the pieces of our conscious experience. It is completely random and often jumbled up. So why would the same subconscious craft an afterlife experience dream in all these people? They should just be having a regular dream like any other night. But it is specific very detailed experiences that they remember clearly. I can have a vivid dream and it disappears from my mind immediately when I wake up. Not with NDE's.
You should read the article from the link I posted.
It the exact same chemestry just at a very high amount when one is about to die.
And perhaps to you dreams seem random and jumbled, but they are not. What they are is a metaphorical message to the dreamer. The dream message directly relates to some issue that te dreamer is dealing with. Trick is to decypher it.

People who have used DMT recreationally, most will claim that they saw heaven or god...or what ever divine essence that they believe in.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,240,395 times
Quote:

The Bible is not clear on animals in the next life. There will be plants (the tree of life), and Jesus will ride a white horse. If plants and horses, why not other animals? For sure there will be no animals cast into the Lake of Fire because animals are incapable of sin.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
What image of God are we made in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality