Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:23 PM

272 posts, read 1,002,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Well, if the cult of global warming makes no sense to you, then at least you can understand how your own cult is viewed.
No I dont understand, enlighten me, Oh whise one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,382,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm View Post
No I dont understand, enlighten me, Oh whise one.
You don't understand global warming. That is fine, and I don't intend to attempt to enighten you. My point is that your religion is as much of a cult as the cult of global warming.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
You don't understand global warming. That is fine, and I don't intend to attempt to enighten you. My point is that your religion is as much of a cult as the cult of global warming.
Not much of a reply.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,382,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm View Post
Not much of a reply.
True. It would help if you could tell me what you want me to explain to you.

I picked up on the fact that you believe that people who care about global warming are members of a cult. I submit to you that if they are cult members then also every JW is a cult member. Get it?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
True. It would help if you could tell me what you want me to explain to you.

I picked up on the fact that you believe that people who care about global warming are members of a cult. I submit to you that if they are cult members then also every JW is a cult member. Get it?
NO, I dont, I know we have the truth,All the other religions I looked into were are centered around death, The truth is centered around life.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:38 PM

661 posts, read 1,183,788 times
Default JWs and the holidays

Honeymoons, wedding rings, funeral headstones and the names of the months and days of the week all have pagan origins, but jws use them. Fathers day and Mothers day do not have pagan origins, but are not celebrated by JWs.
If it is about giving undue honour to persons, then the wedding anniversary (celebrated) gives just as much honour to the couple.

There are a lot of double standards and pharisaical rules going on here.

The Jehovahs Witnesses display cultlike characteristics. They believe they alone have the truth. They follow the tenets of men. They have to believe what the Governing Body tells them. For instance, the Governing body have altered their belief on the 'generation' prophecy of Matthew 24:34 5 times. Each time they call this 'new light' or 'new truth'....however their latest new truth is old truth from 1927. If you had believed the 1927 version in 2000 and questioned the Society about it, you would have been told in no uncertain terms to accept the explanation given in 2000. If you had argued about it, you could have found yourself disfellowshipped for believing what they now believe again is the truth! They follow men, not their own conscience, or research.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:25 PM

69 posts, read 448,593 times
I was born and raised a Jehovah's Witness and I can personally attest to the fact that they do ruin families. I live my life by the Golden Rule (treat others the way i'd want to be treated, have love for others) and none of that matters to my parents and they treat me like dirt just because I didn't want to remain one of them. I tried to explain the reasons for my decision saying that the Governing Body is not inspired and they cannot rightfully say that they are God's Channel to mankind because what they push is nothing more than their own interpretation of the bible. My dad's face turned red and he started yelling at me like crazy and at one point I thought he was going to hit me.

Don't allow yourself to be deceived by their claims that they have happy family lives because the moment you start to think/feel that this "religion" is not right for you, they will disown you and so will anyone else in that "religion" (I agree with those that say its a cult). In reality they are nothing more than sleazy sales people trying to get you to become one of them and then use you for free labor either in their kingdom halls or assembly's.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:12 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,236 times
Years later, I now realize what drives those "apostates" to stand outside the convention centers with signs. Former JWs know exactly what I'm talking about!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:13 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
From what I understand, JWs consider those holidays to be 'pagan' in origin, and thus unbiblical. Their theology says that God and Jesus are separate entities, and that Jesus is not God, but rather, the first and most powerful angel - hence, the 'son' of God.
If that is true then JW's are not Christian. The Apostles who WALKED with Him and knew Him better than anyone else, knew Him to be God and not an angel.

They talk about holidays being unbiblical. Their whole religion is unbiblical. Hypocrits!!! No holidays? The founder of the JW's obviously was a fun sucker.

Another case of a man's fictional novel becoming a religion.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:23 PM

188 posts, read 506,552 times
ahem, ahem.... I'm sorry, but I read every single post and I believe someone left something out.

Jehovah's Witnesses gained their translation of the bible, the New Testament, and their translation of John 1:1 from Johannes Greber. Johannes Greber consulted demons to get the truth about God, Jesus, and so forth, and most importantly, how John 1:1 should be translated. Johannes Greber said Jesus was not God. So the Jehovah's Witnesses took that translation and made it their own. The Jehovah's Witnesses quoted from Johannes Greber several times. They quoted from a spirit consulting occultist. Most Jehovah's Witnesses don't know this, but it is the scary basis of their religion's history/past. They are taught not to look into the past and they are taught not to go on the internet, otherwise, they will find out this information for themselves if they seek to find the truth on their own.

Jehovah's Witnesses also claimed to be the voice of God, and in fact, they say they have a direct channel with God, which a poster in here mentioned, saying that he/she believes what the faithful and discreet slave says, no matter what they say or how they say it.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have roots in Free Masonry.
The Jehovah's Witnesses prophesied Armageddon would happen in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925 and 1975.

Google: Johannes Greber
Google: Jehovah's Witnesses Freemasons
Google: Jehovah's Witnesses 1914
Google: Bethsarim

And for these Jehovah's Witnesses who enter into conversation who claim they serve Jehovah, believe me when I tell you, they do not know their error. They do not know that the Watchtower Society took their translation of John 1:1 from Johannes Greber. If they do know such a thing and continue to live and preach the Watchtower Society's doctrine, then they are the ones who will ultimately answer to God. They are inevidably knocking on doors to bring others into an organization who has changed the words in the Bible..... and who have taken away the diety of Christ. They are so young in their beliefs, even as educated as they think they are on the Bible. They have no idea what the real truth is. And they cannot deny that John 1:1 was taken from an occultist, yet they will say you are wrong, even if you prove it to them. It's the fear that holds them captive, for they are taught that of they turn their backs on the Watchtower/Jehovah's Witnesses, they will be one of the many who will burn in Armageddon. They are trapped. The best thing tht could happen is for even one of them to read any other translation of the Bible, and more importantly, to take a look at their own history without fear. If they truly care about the Lord, they will do it for Him, who they claim to truly love. I say, if you truly love Jehovah, then research who Jesus really is, and research the history and the seriously false doctrinal teachings of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

To all of the JW's reading this: I trust that you did not learn the things you are saying by researching/comparing to the King James version or any other version of the Bible, because you are taught only to use your own. I tell you now that your Bible translation is not accurate. I trust that most of your knowledge that you display in this forum comes from what the JW's have taught you. I trust that you have in indwelling fear of seeking out your own knowledge because you think that doing such a thing means that you are possibly being led by the Devil. You are not being led by the Devil just because you research the past of your own religion. But trust me my friends, if you ask questions to any of the elders, be prepared. You will be seriously reprimanded for what you have done. They do NOT want you poking around where they think you will find out the truth. TRUST ME. But I might advise you ask yourself: "Why do they REALLY not want us to start googling or internet researching our ow history? Why do they put such a fear in us that we cannot look into our past? Why is it that I am not supposed to be well versed in knowledge the next time someone brings up Johannes Greber and all the false predictions? Perhaps I should research as much as possible, just to be on the safe side."

You will be doing your own truth seeking, just like the Bible says.... Test every inspired utterance. And never ever think you are alone. You aren't.

Last edited by REFORMED; 07-11-2008 at 10:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality