Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 09:43 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,359,551 times

Advertisements

Do you think the followers of other religions are all going to hell? Lets say you are Christian. Well if you are not baptized and believe in Jesus Christ and all this other nonsense, you make people believe hey are going to hell so that they conform to their own region. Hell is just a way to scare people into following. The same way with the Amish and Muslims. The Amish believe that their own people go to hell for all sorts of stupid reasons. But what if you are a totally different religion? Then all of them are going to hell? That is most of the world! Muslims believe they will get 42 virgins in heaven, and probably that christians are going to hell. Christians believe that Muslims are going to hell. This is according to the criteria that their own religions set for going to heaven. So how can you say that your relgion is right. The only reason you are your religion is because you were raised that religion. IF you were raised Jewish you would be Jewish.

BTW, I'm Agnostic/Atheist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Do you think the followers of other religions are all going to hell? Lets say you are Christian. Well if you are not baptized and believe in Jesus Christ Moderator cut: Orphaned you make people believe hey are going to hell so that they conform to their own region. Hell is just a way to scare people into following. The same way with the Amish and Muslims. The Amish believe that their own people go to hell Moderator cut: Orphaned. But what if you are a totally different religion? Then all of them are going to hell? That is most of the world! Muslims believe they will get 42 virgins in heaven, and probably that christians are going to hell. Christians believe that Muslims are going to hell. This is according to the criteria that their own religions set for going to heaven. So how can you say that your relgion is right. The only reason you are your religion is because you were raised that religion. IF you were raised Jewish you would be Jewish.

BTW, I'm Agnostic/Atheist.
Speaking only for myself. I do not know who will go to Hell that is between Allaah(swt) and the individual. I do believe that all who sincerly submit to Allaah(swt) will go to Heaven. The Arabic word for Submission to Allaah(swt) is Islam the Person who submits is a Muslim.

While I believe all who are truly Muslims (A person who submits) will go to heaven. I will not attempt to say who is not a Muslim as only Allaah(swt) knows who is truly submitting.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-19-2013 at 05:11 AM..

Old 08-10-2013, 10:35 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,359,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Speaking only for myself. I do not know who will go to Hell that is between Allaah(swt) and the individual. I do believe that all who sincerly submit to Allaah(swt) will go to Heaven. The Arabic word for Submission to Allaah(swt) is Islam the Person who submits is a Muslim.

While I believe all who are truly Muslims (A person who submits) will go to heaven. I will not attempt to say who is not a Muslim as only Allaah(swt) knows who is truly submitting.
OK. Thats my point. Other religions don't even know who Allaah is so they can't submit to "him". They are worshiping a different God, therefore they are all going to hell. According to Christianity you are going to hell.

If you were raised Jewish you would be Jewish and not worship Allaah. The same with any religion. Its based on how you were raised, not if it is actually true or not. Its not like you were Christian, but then found better evidence that Islam was the correct religion or had the correct God and converted.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:39 AM

247 posts, read 236,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Its not like you were Christian, but then found better evidence that Islam was the correct religion or had the correct God and converted.
You haven't been around here for very long, have you? Our awesome Muslim mod (whom we may not always totally agree with, but always hold in very high esteem) is just exactly that.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:47 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Exactly. Woodrow Li after a Christian upbringing and missionary work to the Muslims, (1) and a period of atheism, eventually was persuaded of the rightness of Islam.

We may not be great admirers of his religion and may regret that he didn't find it possible to stay atheist, but we all hold him in high regard and, if all muslims were like him, we wouldn't be in the present crapstate that Bush and Blair have got us into.

(1) apologies for taking your name in vain, O son of moderation, but I believe I got the gist right.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Exactly. Woodrow Li after a Christian upbringing and missionary work to the Muslims, (1) and a period of atheism, eventually was persuaded of the rightness of Islam.

We may not be great admirers of his religion and may regret that he didn't find it possible to stay atheist, but we all hold him in high regard and, if all muslims were like him, we wouldn't be in the present crapstate that Bush and Blair have got us into.

(1) apologies for taking your name in vain, O son of moderation, but I believe I got the gist right.
You misspelled LI

But since you are a good friend you are permitted to spell it any way you desire.

For the OP I spent the first 45 years of my life as a very sincere Christian and for nearly 20 years was periodically a Missionary spreading Christianity in Islamic Nations. I then spent 20 years as an atheist with occasional agnostic Thoughts.

I accepted Islam in 2005 at the age of 65

Old 08-10-2013, 11:48 AM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
I am Christian, and I agree with Woodrow. God alone knows.

The answer to your initial question is therefore "No".

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-10-2013 at 12:21 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 11:53 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You misspelled LI
Arq has ironed his hands.

Quote:
But since you are a good friend you are permitted to spell it any way you desire.

For the OP I spent the first 45 years of my life as a very sincere Christian and for nearly 20 years was periodically a Missionary spreading Christianity in Islamic Nations. I then spent 20 years as an atheist with occasional agnostic Thoughts.

I accepted Islam in 2005 at the age of 65
Since I have passed that date of danger, I suppose I can expect to keep the baby barbie handy for a while longer.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am Christian, and I agree with Woodrow. God only knows.

The answer to your initial question is therefore "No".
And likewise I agree with you. I doubt if any sincere person would have the audacity to state they know who is going to hell.

That seems to be what we find as a characteristic of extremists in any faith.

I find that most of us Jew, Sabeean, Christian and Muslim are more concerned about following the Path to heaven. We do not know who will find them self in Hell, our own concern should be that we each do our best to reach Heaven and pray that all others do the same.

I also find that most Jews, Sabeeans, Christians and Muslims are in agreement we worship the same God(swt) that Abraham(PBUH) worshiped even though we disagree about some of his attributes.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:28 PM

454 posts, read 794,239 times
"Judge not, lest ye..." and all the rest of it.

How about those with no Judaic/Christian/Muslim religious attributes? For instance, Aboriginal tribes or secluded peoples in South American rainforests that worship multi-gods, forest spirits, and who live orderly, kind, loving lives according to their culture? If there is a Maker Of All Things, i find it hard to think he would condemn them to a Hell because they were not "saved", baptized, or converted to Christianity/Islam/Judaism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality