Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:09 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,906,889 times

Advertisements

Hello All -

I'd just like to ask for some good thoughts, prayers & wishes again. I've been diagnosed today with lymph node cancer, which is rather exhausting news to hear. I just had cancer surgery 2-mos ago & haven't quite gotten back on my feet from that. I was diagnosed with a melignant melanoma last week which I haven't yet had surgery for & I've been feeling so sick for so long it's really caused stressers for me. This is my 5th cancer in 13-yrs, 3rd time in just months & I'm only in my 40's. I'm so tired, it's an effort to just stand up, although I've been pushing myself to complete house renovations. I feel my mental health is just as important as my physical health & if I just lie about, it's too easy to fall into depression & giving up. Well, I'm a strong woman... I just don't lie about & give up, for better or worse.

So, I currently have 2 cancers in need of surgery. I'll have surgery, but am really praying that radiation/chemo are not necessary, as I'd refuse them. We all make our own treatment decisions & I've lived with declining it many years ago. So, please hold a good thought that that doesn't even factor into the equation.

I truly believe in the positive power of sending good energy & prayers & very much appreciate all good thoughts coming my way. My good thoughts, wishes & prayers to everyone who also find themselves in need of a huge boost of positivity coming their ways to carry them through to the next best step.

Thank you... VV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 06:21 PM

224 posts, read 780,059 times
Kittenspurr, I'm sending good thoughts your way as I write this, and I've already said a prayer for you. I'll continue to pray for you. Best of luck.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:23 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,652,616 times
Kitten, Hon, I am so sorry..This is terrible news..Please just know that you are very much loved here. When one of "the family" members is in pain we are too. I just pray that things will get better and this disease will one day be gone from this earth..I will pray for you in private, dear Kitten..Please come when you are able and just let us know you are on and we will be able to talk to you and try to lift your spirits..God Bless you, Kitten....Bev (blue)

Old 09-21-2007, 06:25 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,355,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
Hello All -

I'd just like to ask for some good thoughts, prayers & wishes again. I've been diagnosed today with lymph node cancer, which is rather exhausting news to hear. I just had cancer surgery 2-mos ago & haven't quite gotten back on my feet from that. I was diagnosed with a melignant melanoma last week which I haven't yet had surgery for & I've been feeling so sick for so long it's really caused stressers for me. This is my 5th cancer in 13-yrs, 3rd time in just months & I'm only in my 40's. I'm so tired, it's an effort to just stand up, although I've been pushing myself to complete house renovations. I feel my mental health is just as important as my physical health & if I just lie about, it's too easy to fall into depression & giving up. Well, I'm a strong woman... I just don't lie about & give up, for better or worse.

So, I currently have 2 cancers in need of surgery. I'll have surgery, but am really praying that radiation/chemo are not necessary, as I'd refuse them. We all make our own treatment decisions & I've lived with declining it many years ago. So, please hold a good thought that that doesn't even factor into the equation.

I truly believe in the positive power of sending good energy & prayers & very much appreciate all good thoughts coming my way. My good thoughts, wishes & prayers to everyone who also find themselves in need of a huge boost of positivity coming their ways to carry them through to the next best step.

Thank you... VV
Will definitely pray for your healing, peace and stength right now!

Old 09-21-2007, 06:41 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post

Thank you... VV
Oh, KittensPurr, my heart goes out to you. If I were with you, I would want to put my arms around your shoulders and lift you up with every ounce of positive energy that I could muster and pray that God grant you peace and comfort through this season. I am going to ask you to do something that is going to sound odd, I have never done this before, but your words, your request, made me want to do it. I ask you to close your eyes for a minute, just a moment if you will, and imagine me there with you. Heck, imagine all of us, because I know that many of the posters on this thread would feel the same way and I feel confidant that I can speak for them. Imagine us, your brothers and sisters in Christ, huddled around you, we are praying, we are rejoicing, we are sending to you all the positive energy that our bodies, our hearts can feel. We are there with you. We love you. And we will lift you up.

I will keep you in my prayers.

God bless you,
Weather...

Old 09-21-2007, 09:21 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,046,148 times
You are in my prayers. I can only imagine how tough this must be for you. Thank God you are such a strong woman! Just remember, He will be there with you through everything. As I told someone else earlier...

He will be there WITH you...We'll be here FOR you!

Old 09-21-2007, 10:04 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,906,889 times
Thank you all so kindly for sharing your heartfelt thoughts & prayers publicly & to all those praying & sending your good thoughts offboard, too.

Weather, this is so kind of you to post your lovely words & I very much appreciate the group hug! I certainly feel all the good wishes & healing energy coming my way & I must say, it's definitely made me feel uplifted this evening. Your words have certainly touched me & have meant a lot, truly.

My apologies for the strange phrasing (I can't seem to successfully proofread this evening) as I'm a bit out of sorts today. All in all, you've lovingly heard me loud & clear & I thank you all so much.

My best wishes to you all, too.

Good weekend to everyone... VV

Old 09-21-2007, 10:25 PM

121 posts, read 316,486 times
Kittenspurr,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nichole

Old 09-22-2007, 04:47 AM

30,559 posts, read 52,268,572 times
Kittenspurr - I posted a quick note on the other thread for you, but will say again that you're in my thoughts & prayers. Keep your head up, okay?

And to update everyone on my sister, she's scheduled for an induction on Monday (if she doesn't go into labor on her own)... so at the very latest, I should be an Aunt by Monday evening.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:01 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,810,844 times
Good Morning, All,

I am posting the prayer requests from Jamie Underwood in yesterday's update. Parker has just been diagnosed with ALL, also. He has been fighting AML since February and now they will change their approach to battle both. Please continue to pray.

Update 9/21

Please pray for Parker. Pray for the leukemia cells that are invading his little body - that they leave him alone!. Pray that he will go into remission during this first round. Pray that God’s will be done. Pray that the devil leaves us alone! Pray that Parker and our family continues to feel the Mighty God’s arms embracing us. Pray that he tolerates the chemo. Pray that the spinal tap goes smoothly tomorrow. Pray that there are no cancer cells in the CNL. Pray for Dr. Gordon, Dr. Wall and Dr. Naga as they decide Parker’s new treament plan.

Also continue to pray for Sabastian and the success of his transplant he received today!

God bless us all...

Weather...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality