Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,664,772 times

Advertisements

Prayers of thanks for a little girl named Christine who remains cancer free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 11:00 PM

72,564 posts, read 18,272,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Prayers of thanks for a little girl named Christine who remains cancer free
Thanks Miss Blue! She is a darling!

Old 08-20-2009, 12:39 AM

30,570 posts, read 52,304,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Prayers for Gizmo's dear friend who is so very close to the threshold between this life and being at home with the Lord..May his passing be with ease and with joy as he draws ever nearer..

Prayers for the family of the young man who has passed from this life, that He will comfort them in this period of grief..

Prayers for our friend Gizmo who will miss both these people who meant so much to her..
Thank you, Miss Blue - it is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately my Uncle is quickly getting worse, and was removed from the IVs today... so it's just a matter of time now.

And you know how they say things happen in threes? Well I guess that's true, because I also just found out my grandmother has early Alzheimer's. She is 92 years old, and has lived a good life... but she's my last grandparent, so obviously it will be sad to lose her. Thanks again for the prayers and thoughts, and I hope things get less crappy soon.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,664,772 times
So very sorry Gizmo to now hear of your gramma..I am sure you take comfort that she has undoubtedly had a long, happy and productive life and it is a reward for us who believe to know that there is a more glorious life awaiting her..and that she will be given a perfect spiritual body that will never age or know any pain..
Prayers for His comfort, reassuance and love to suround you now, dear Gizmo..Shalom

Old 08-21-2009, 10:16 PM

429 posts, read 687,635 times
please pray that GOD will give me the knowledge and hope that i need to make it through my time as a new student.I have gone back at the age of 37 and I am so scared that I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH OR THAT i WILL FAIL...Please pray that my little dog Gretchen will make it through having her pups.GOD has trusted her to me and each day I thank him for her.GOD BLESS YOU ALL THAT NEED PRAYER

Old 08-22-2009, 09:32 PM

23,052 posts, read 34,589,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshfield mom View Post
please pray that GOD will give me the knowledge and hope that i need to make it through my time as a new student.I have gone back at the age of 37 and I am so scared that I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH OR THAT i WILL FAIL...Please pray that my little dog Gretchen will make it through having her pups.GOD has trusted her to me and each day I thank him for her.GOD BLESS YOU ALL THAT NEED PRAYER
You got it And when you feel like you aren't smart enough, remember Philippians 4 :13 says you can do ALL things through Christ who gives you strength!!!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 06:56 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,340,431 times
Blessed Mother, your grace abounds through your Son, Jesus Christ. The redeemer, a teacher, a warrior for the Truth, who adorned you with His love. You, Mother, held your child close to your heart. Sang songs of joy to him at birth and through childhood. You fed Him with your kindness. Clothed Him with your will. When He talked of the Father, you listened for He was your Son. What Grace is bestowed upon man through you, Mary Mother of God. So, I pray Blessed Mother, that you spill your Grace and love out to the world to open the eyes of man for the good of all mankind. Amen.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 AM

Blessed Mother, your grace abounds through your Son, Jesus Christ.
Our Redeemer, our Teacher, our Warrior for the Truth, He adorned you
with His eternal love.

You, Mother Mary, held your child close to your heart. Sang songs of joy
to him, while in the womb, sang songs of praise for He art thou, the Son of Man.
You fed Him with your kindness. Clothed Him with your will.

When He talked of the Father, you listened for He was your Son. What
Grace is bestowed upon man through you, Mary Mother of God?

So, I pray to you, My Blessed Mother, that you pour forth your Grace and Love
throughout the world, to open the eyes of man for the good of all mankind.

Amen.

roman

This is the complete prayer to the Blessed Mother Mary. I have posted the prayer in my profile, with a symbol. Care to guess what the symbol stands for?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:40 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,606,839 times
This week has been filled with experiences and headlines that remind me how little I know of the Infinite Wisdom and Mercy of God.

My Mother still grieves my brother's death last summer. He had substance abuse issues and this led to cancer. He was in his 50's and still he was her child. Many people saw only the 'bad' --including a neighbor who professes to care deeply for my Mother. I struggle to understand the neighbor and see beyond her shortcomings.

I didn't care for Ted Kennedy's politics and actually believe this family has been idealized too much. Nonetheless, just as my brother was flawed this man and his extended family were, too and so 'God Speed' to this spirit.

The news of the girl kidnapped at 11 and released a few days ago after 18 years in captivity with a twisted/tormented human of some kind leaves me struggling for words.

The murder and mutilation of the young woman in California last week and the suspect's suicide also leaves me struggling for names to the emotions that are attached to such experiences.

'Judge Not'

I certainly don't feel like judging today.

Amen

Old 08-28-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
This week has been filled with experiences and headlines that remind me how little I know of the Infinite Wisdom and Mercy of God.

My Mother still grieves my brother's death last summer. He had substance abuse issues and this led to cancer. He was in his 50's and still he was her child. Many people saw only the 'bad' --including a neighbor who professes to care deeply for my Mother. I struggle to understand the neighbor and see beyond her shortcomings.

I didn't care for Ted Kennedy's politics and actually believe this family has been idealized too much. Nonetheless, just as my brother was flawed this man and his extended family were, too and so 'God Speed' to this spirit.

The news of the girl kidnapped at 11 and released a few days ago after 18 years in captivity with a twisted/tormented human of some kind leaves me struggling for words.

The murder and mutilation of the young woman in California last week and the suspect's suicide also leaves me struggling for names to the emotions that are attached to such experiences.

'Judge Not'

I certainly don't feel like judging today.

Amen
You are wise in thought and kind in words, gentle at heart. The day comes soon, when all mankind will know of God's Word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality