Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:16 PM

609 posts, read 2,250,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
disclaimer: these are just opinions don't take them as the absolute truth

Why? because they have feelings, they can be happy or sad and they are also sensitive to your feelings, I guess that would be the proof too.

is there an afterlife for animals?

well if you believe in reincarnation for sure, we are all childrens of God, some more evolved than others and we are under an evolutionary process to return to our heavenly father/mother, we human beings reincarnate too until we attain self realization like Jesus Christ, Buddha, Krishna and other great men of God did.

Love and Light!
Krishna and Buddha are God themselves and not great men of God. BTW, the only difference between a dead person and a living person is the presence of a "soul". Everything else is the same. The dead and living have the same body parts etc. etc.

According to vedic scriptures, you cannot escape the 4 things till eternity (unless you are united to the creator). They are birth, life , old age and disease. Thats why the Hindus believe in reincarnation (life mean you have to be born again based on your past karmas in which ever form, you could be born a dog for all you know).

My 2 cents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 PM

660 posts, read 2,446,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee-tee View Post
Why or why not?

Proof, either way?

Is there an afterlife for animals?
i dont know about the rest but
all dogs go to heaven

Old 10-28-2007, 06:18 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,038,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWKIDONTHEBLOCK2 View Post
Some of you people kill me. If you believe in the drivel from the bible, It clearly states that "god gave man dominion over all the living creatures of the earth.
If you believe that man has a soul that goes beyond this body, and it is a crime against god to kill, I.E. the ten comandments, why would god give man the right to kill and eat animals, as the bible states that animals are created to be cought and destroyed.
If you believe in the bible and its idea of soul's that go on forever, you can not believe that god created this same soul for animals, I know the little fufu sitting in your lap makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, but these animals are not in tune to your needs. they are reactionary, They would sit and lick [the salt] off your hand, or the guy that came in to rape and murder you.They are not decerning.
Humans let their emotions run wild and the think because they feel this way that an animal is responding with [love] Animals are not capable of the feeling of a human.
Show me one place in the bible that it states that animals are nothing more than the [beasts of the field] to be used by man for his gain. So pet your dog'cat or what ever trips your trigger,but try to keep things in prespective.

Humans and animals are the same. It is just a matter of degree.
It is not uncommon for people to identify with their oppressor - Stockholm Syndrome.
Some humans are not capable of the feeling of an animal.
Those bible verses that you were interested in were already given,
I think it is some sort of guilt talking through you, who probably hunt or butcher your own meat.
The perspective is that we are all animals, and some of us relate to each other better than others.

Last edited by goldengrain; 10-28-2007 at 06:27 PM..

Old 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,724,128 times
Quote:
Why or why not?

Proof, either way?

Is there an afterlife for animals?
its a one way trip for everybody, dogs too. nobody comes back to discuss it so its all speculation. but i would like to think the beautiful spirit of my dog lives on somehow.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,038,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I hate to sound like I am trying to downplay the love one has for their pets. I love my dog and sometimes I am guilty of treating him as human too, but they don't see it the same way.

The thing with dogs is that they have adapted to living with humans so well that we often mistake them for having minds like ours. They are truly remarkable animals, but believe it or not, the faster you understand how it "thinks" the better you will actually be able to train your dog, not that I'm implying you have ill-mannered dogs.
Strange, I have read similar things written about husbands, and I think some of that is just as true as what you are saying. REally, read it over, subsituting 'husband' where appropriate. IT FITS!

All you say is that we are ALL biologically different and that can affect our thinking - not that we do not ALL have souls.

Last edited by goldengrain; 10-28-2007 at 06:30 PM..

Old 10-28-2007, 08:22 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,243,329 times
I really don't know if a dog has a soul or if it needs one. Some where in the bible I can't think of the scripture now it says the lion shall lay down by the lamb. Don't know if they have souls either. I think the difference in the human animals and the rest is that God
created man in his own image and breathed into him the breath of life.
As far as dogs going to heaven, whatever is there, it will be beyond anything my pea brain can understand and it will be perfect, so I'm not going to worry about it ,I'm just going!!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:54 PM

429 posts, read 686,666 times
every time i look in my mini doxies eyes i know that she has a beautiful soul.god has given me to her not the other way around.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:31 AM

69 posts, read 273,515 times
Animals have conscious minds, personalities, they dream, etc. If people have souls, animals definitely do, too.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:16 PM

11 posts, read 22,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I hate to sound callous but dogs have perfected the art of companionship over the last 10-15k years. Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful creatures, and I have a dog myself, who I am very attached to. But, their sole motivation is on a reward basis. They survive on several things: Food (duh!), Praise, Play, and Repetition. It always bothers me when people say "Oh my dog, he knows exactly what I'm saying, and he loves me." Actually dogs don't know exactly what you're saying, regardless of how intuitive they may seem. They are, however, masterminds at reading body language and picking up on certain words, and possibly phrases, that typically come prior to something good happening to them.

I'll give you an example. My wife and I are both smokers. Yes, disgusting habit, spare me the lecture We do not smoke in the house and when my dog was a puppy we would frequently go outside to smoke and to let him out. Well, I would always just ask my wife "Hey, do you wanna go smoke?" and then we'd get the dog and bring him out. Well, now, my dog does not know the meaning of "Let's go out" he only understands "Let's go smoke". It's repetition of an event that leads to a positive reinforcement that the dog follows.

Do any of you have a certain treat you give your dog? Have you ever noticed that the second you open the pantry or door the treat is in, your dog is almost already waiting? If he didn't hear the door open wait till you crinkle the bag a bit. It won't take him long will it?

As I said, dogs are easy creatures to see through if you understand them. Watch the Dog Whisperer sometime, you'll see what I'm talking about. Why is your dog so happy when you come home? Because he knows the second you walk in that door and he gives you a slobbery kiss that you are going to give him all kinds of attention. Then, you are probably going to take him outside, and then you are going to feed him. I'd be jumping on you too!!!

But, as far as souls are concerned, I don't think any animal, including humans, have souls.

I don't want to sound mean or byuss but are you Christian because I am and it says in the bible that humans have souls. That is what i think it means when it says God made us in our own image. Just saying but about the animals i have no clue really.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:24 PM

23,018 posts, read 28,490,399 times
Quote:
Do animals have souls?
Depends on what you mean by "soul."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality