Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 01:45 PM

50,131 posts, read 20,894,600 times

Advertisements

I think we have done it as much as we can. The 'scientific' evidence points away from Adam and Eve. The only way to get the science to refer to the Bible story is by referring to the authority of the Bible; cue Shirina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 02:00 PM

779 posts, read 485,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Lord of the Rings was crafted to be fiction. Everyone in the world knows it is fiction.

The bible was written as a compendium of historic events which actually occurred and will yet occur.

But I am once again curious what this has to do with the Original Post of this thread?
The bible is a work of fiction.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:03 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,028,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I think we have done it as much as we can. The 'scientific' evidence points away from Adam and Eve. The only way to get the science to refer to the Bible story is by referring to the authority of the Bible; cue Shirina.
That's interesting. I have yet to read one post that disproves the Original Post which stated due to no mutations, we go back to Adam and Eve just thousands of years ago. Read the very last section of the OP.

Thank you.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
The bible is a work of fiction.
Thank you. Your words, based on your own authority is all we need.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:05 PM

The study itself disproves it. Read the entire study not the cherry picked creationism version.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Thank you. Your words, based on your own authority is all we need.
Jesus, moses, god, nazareth, all were myths. Legends and myths. None of them have evidence baking them up.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Jesus, moses, god, nazareth, all were myths. Legends and myths. None of them have evidence baking them up.
Your statement sure disproves the Original Post. Not. Why don't you stick with the topic?

Old 05-18-2015, 03:04 PM

1,422 posts, read 956,113 times
Quote:
Like the Lord of the Rings the bible is a work of fiction.
While I would definitely say that parts of the Bible are very likely works of fiction, I have no evidence that it ALL is a work of fiction.

There are words of wisdom in the books which - having applied these myself, have proven to be factual.

Quote:
Like B. baggins, god is a fictional character.
'God' in itself is a title denoting a position generally superior to any individual human being, and generally not necessarily visible. I have seen no evidence that any god does not exist. I think collectively consciousness is the nearest thing we have to being able to claim the title 'God' in relation to this universe...at least it exists and can be validated.
I offer more insights into this idea in this thread.

Quote:
Although the idea of god predates the bible the notion was that of primitive man.
Yes. But the notion has evolved with human beings.

Quote:
So does the bible validate god? in a word no, there is no validation.
Nor - I would say, does the Bible invalidate the idea of god (although sometimes parts of it seem to be attempting to do just that.)

Quote:
Does the quran validate god? No. Does any of these babblings of primitive man validate anything? No. Does the book of mormon validate? No.
What - in your opinion - would validate God?

Old 05-18-2015, 03:42 PM

Nothing has, ever. I don't think it's possible.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:44 PM

Humans And Neanderthals Mated More Recently Than Thought

May 13, 2015 | by Josh L Davis

After examining the DNA of an ancient European man, researchers have discovered that modern humans were mating with Neanderthals right up until the time they became extinct, around 30,000 years ago. This is much more recent than previously believed. This surprising finding was presented at the Biology of Genomes meeting last week.

When our ancestors left Africa and entered the rest of the world, they were not pioneers. What they found was a landscape populated by at least two other species of human, both of which had been living on the plains and steppes of Europe and Asia for a few hundred thousand years. It has now become clear that when these three populations of hairless ape met, which they seemed to have done not infrequently, things weren’t always hostile.

What researchers realized after sequencing the Neanderthal genome was that they shared more in common with Europeans than they did with Africans. This suggests that when modern humans met Neanderthals in Europe, sometimes they were lovers more than fighters. The previous estimate that people outside of Africa have up to 4% of Neanderthal DNA within them has since been revised down to about 2%.

But it didn’t stop there. When modern humans trekked out across Asia, they found yet another species of ape living and hunting in the landscape. Only known from a couple of finger bones and a few teeth found in a cave in Siberia in 2010, it seems that the Denisovans were another distinct species. Incredibly, further DNA analysis in 2011 found that significant amounts of Denisovan DNA survives in Southeastern Asian and Oceanian populations.

There seems little doubt then that on their exodus out of Africa, modern humans met, interacted, and in at least some cases mated with other species of humans. The question that remains and is hotly debated, however, is how often did this happen?

Last year, researchers at Harvard University conducted DNA analysis on a bone discovered in a cave in Northern Spain. Due to its age and geographic location, they presumed it would be from a Neanderthal. What they actually found surprised them—the bone was more closely related to the Denisovans. This raised the possibility that there was a lot more interaction and movement between the different species and populations than previously thought.

Humans And Neanderthals Mated More Recently Than Thought | IFLScience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality