Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 01:12 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,045,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Those people - and I have read many of them - who take those views, and explain why they take them. 'I believe it' has not been their reasons, not that I can recall.
Well there is safety in numbers. LOL. Not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 06:43 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,680,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You can't show how God created Adam through the rock record.
God does not have to tell us exactly how He created Adam on the 6th day. It is enough to know He showed us He did create Adam on the 6th day. We all know what breath is.

I never admitted, as you suggest, that I don't know what the breath is.
If God has revealed to us He breathed INTO Adam the breath of life, then that is what He did.
We do understand God's time. Don't force your ignorance onto those who do know as if they don't know because you don't know.
oh sorry, when you said "spirit" I thought you couldn't explain it. my bad.

let me be clear again. we both say god did it. We are addressing how. So saying god did it is over and over is a given. we agree.

I didn't bring up how I said it was done yet. I am focusing on your story first. We can't compare the stories until I understand your take. we can't tell if what god showed us is more true or if what you are telling s is more true.

The phrase "god made Adam on the 6th day" just said god did it on the 6th day. Ok, god did it, we know that. You did not explain how god assembled him. feet, then legs? or did he start from the head? Did he piece atoms together? if so how? with hands? or forces? How did he make the dirt? any evidence will be good.

Nor did you explain how god "breathed" life into him. There are a few ways things can breathe so we kind of need to know how he did it. round lips and contracted lungs or was it more of gills that he used? or did he increase the pressure around Adam to force the breath through the skin?

You said "spirit", what is that? is it air? is it a fluid? what is it made up of? How does this spirit work? how does it animate Adam? did it "shock" his heart and brain first? Or did it take him over like a puppet master?

Time: So your time is god's time? interesting, what is god's time? how does it work? How does it relate to man's time? What forms god's day? how does he keep track of the hours kept?

since you aint a "poof there it" is guy, then that should mean you can answer some of these very basic questions. I mean since its not "Poof there it is" you must have something that countered that claim.

I suggest the rock record and DNA is god's writing. Purified by his love and untainted by man hand. If you believe in him that is.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,341,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

let me be clear again. we both say god did it. We are addressing how. So saying god did it is over and over is a given. we agree.

I didn't bring up how I said it was done yet. I am focusing on your story first. We can't compare the stories until I understand your take. we can't tell if what god showed us is more true or if what you are telling s is more true.

The phrase "god made Adam on the 6th day" just said god did it on the 6th day. Ok, god did it, we know that. You did not explain how god assembled him. feet, then legs? or did he start from the head? Did he piece atoms together? if so how? with hands? or forces? How did he make the dirt? any evidence will be good.

Nor did you explain how god "breathed" life into him. There are a few ways things can breathe so we kind of need to know how he did it. round lips and contracted lungs or was it more of gills that he used? or did he increase the pressure around Adam to force the breath through the skin?

You said "spirit", what is that? is it air? is it a fluid? what is it made up of? How does this spirit work? how does it animate Adam? did it "shock" his heart and brain first? Or did it take him over like a puppet master?

Time: So your time is god's time? interesting, what is god's time? how does it work? How does it relate to man's time? What forms god's day? how does he keep track of the hours kept?

since you aint a "poof there it" is guy, then that should mean you can answer some of these very basic questions. I mean since its not "Poof there it is" you must have something that countered that claim.

I suggest the rock record and DNA is god's writing. Purified by his love and untainted by man hand. If you believe in him that is.
Well done.

I await Eusie's carefully-reasoned response.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

When God created Adam He sang the song
"Head, shoulders knees and toes
knees and toes.
Head shoulders knees and toes
knees and toes,
Eyes and ears and mouth and nose
knees and toes.

The Bible does not tell us, nor does it need to tell us if God started from the head or feet. It is telling us Who is responsible for the creation/making of Adam and Eve. The product used was soil. The soil was already present. I'm pretty sure though that when He created the man, He left a lot of gravel and stuff in. But when He made the woman He took the finest of sieves and sieved out all the bad stuff so she would be nice and soft and beautiful.

Quote:
If you had a heart attack and I breathed into you to give you oxygen, how do you think I would do it?

Quote:
The spirit of man is the invisible, intangible power which keeps him alive. If God withdraw the spirit, we die.

Quote:
7 days to God is the same as 7 days to man. This is why God told the Israelites to work 6 days and rest on the 7th just as He did.

Quote:
God didn't poof Adam or Eve into existence. All we are told is God formed Adam and Eve of the soil of the earth. The important point is not how He formed them but just that He did and did so on the 6th day, not millions of years and definitely not from a fish as some who believe in the monstrously unbelievable idea of evolution.

Quote:
Some scientists take the rock record differently than you do and differently from other scientists. All the rock record provides us is a still picture of what an animal looked like when it was encased in sediment from the world-wide flood. It does not tell us they evolved. That is just a made-up story by people with very very wild imaginations.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:26 AM

50,147 posts, read 20,940,505 times
According to Eusebius, the Gospels do not tell us about what Jesus did. It contains a lot of words and all they can tell us is what the Greek translates into english as. It does not tell us what Jesus did. That is just a made-up story by people with very very wild imaginations.

Eusebius, your palapable ignorance about evolution is exceeded only by your demonstrable blindness. You understand nothing of evolution and you do not want to. I really wish you would stop making pronouncements about a subject on which you are utterly uninformed, and you are determined to remain so.

Have a nice weekend

Old 05-14-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
According to Eusebius, the Gospels do not tell us about what Jesus did. It contains a lot of words and all they can tell us is what the Greek translates into english as. It does not tell us what Jesus did. That is just a made-up story by people with very very wild imaginations.
What you wrote as "according to Eusebius" is not the truth. I don't believe what you wrote as to what I believe. And you are just as wrong about that as you are about evolution.

Quote:
Eusebius, your palapable ignorance about evolution is exceeded only by your demonstrable blindness. You understand nothing of evolution and you do not want to. I really wish you would stop making pronouncements about a subject on which you are utterly uninformed, and you are determined to remain so.

Have a nice weekend
Oh I'm informed. If I wasn't I'd believe in evolution.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
What you wrote as "according to Eusebius" is not the truth. I don't believe what you wrote as to what I believe. And you are just as wrong about that as you are about evolution.

Oh I'm informed. If I wasn't I'd believe in evolution.
Eusebius, you are utterly ignorant - dumb on purpose (1) - about evolution. Your statement that I am 'wrong' about a subject regarding which you are abysmally ignorant is the funniest thing since Ray Comfort's banana.

(1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjFeVwuJB7I

Rather than inflate the mountains overnight Hovind simply takes the available water and spreads it thinly over the landscape. Both theories are equally laughable.
Ok, should be in the Noah's math site but what the heck - different thread, same ignorance.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:09 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,680,804 times
Quote:
When God created Adam He sang the song
"Head, shoulders knees and toes
knees and toes.
knees and toes,
Eyes and ears and mouth and nose
knees and toes.

The Bible does not tell us, nor does it need to tell us if God started from the head or feet. It is telling us Who is responsible for the creation/making of Adam and Eve. The product used was soil. The soil was already present. I'm pretty sure though that when He created the man, He left a lot of gravel and stuff in. But when He made the woman He took the finest of sieves and sieved out all the bad stuff so she would be nice and soft and beautiful.

there is a ton in that post. Forgive me with pairing it down. I have 2 brains cells, one fer my name and the other for everything else. The "everything" usually involves me removing the right foot and inserting the left. Ill do the next parts after.

Ok, you said a lot of "god did it's". A gain we know god did it. we are addressing how god did it.

you clearly said it does not tell us how. You clearly imply that you don't know. How you feel about it is different topic. And it is fine saying that and I believe you are honest that you said you don't. Don't you think some of us do care? I mean doesn't it make more sense to say "I don't feel it is necessary for me but I understand that you science freaks might". My brother says that to me all the time.
" I am suggesting that the bible is used for showing man what being human means. The tasty bits and the nasty bits. Don't you think a reasonable stance is that god made the bible and said: "yeah, I did it from dust to man, but this book is about you for now. we will get to how later.

I think god is a great teacher. is that not a reasonable stance? i don't pick conclusions based on who I don't like. I don't even like meself .. .If I did that I would be a stone cold thiest in a second.

ps, excuse the jokes. no need not to have fun.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Eusebius, you are utterly ignorant - dumb on purpose (1) - about evolution. Your statement that I am 'wrong' about a subject regarding which you are abysmally ignorant is the funniest thing since Ray Comfort's banana.

Rather than inflate the mountains overnight Hovind simply takes the available water and spreads it thinly over the landscape. Both theories are equally laughable.
Ok, should be in the Noah's math site but what the heck - different thread, same ignorance.
Do you have something against bananas?

Fact 1: All fossils do not show evolution. They do not reveal to us transition. All they show is the current state all those animals were in when they were trapped by sediment from the world-wide flood.

I never said the mountains rose precipitously over night, now did I? No, in fact, I did not.

If the mountains on the continent of Pangea were around 300 feet tall, there is enough water on earth to cover those mountains by close to 8,000 feet, but if they several thousand feet tall, there would still be enough water on earth to cover those mountains by 5,000 feet.

The evidence of Adam and Eve's existence is based on ancient historic manuscripts many thousands of years old and the Israelites believed them to be real historic figures and wrote about them. That is evidence enough for me.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:51 AM

Sorry. your post is either irrelevant or baseless. I will discuss the Bible with you, but no longer evolution theory because you are profoundly ignorant by choice about it. And...and this is why...you are not willing to be educated about it. Sorry again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality