Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So now all you can do is insult me?
. You insult yourself, no need for me to do it. You are making a fool of yourself because you are giving links that you clearly haven't researched. I know exactly what you are doing. You are just typing "evidence for Jesus" into a search engine and accepting whatever comes up. Invariably, what comes up is Josephus et al....but you haven't actually researched Josephus have you? You haven't actually tried to find out whether or not Josephus (or any of the other historians in your link) did mention Jesus have you? Nope! You just accepted the Bible apologist junk that came up at face value and that's what makes you look foolish.

You really are out of your depth here pal.

Quote:
There is a collection such accounts. Mark, Matthew and John.
No there aren't. The gospels are anonymous- written by people who never knew any Jesus.

Quote:
the NT has been challeged since at least 1750 to no avail (despite what you read on the internet).
See what I mean about making yourself look foolish?

Quote:
Time to find another topic with which to stir the pot!
Moderator cut: edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
It's no different than if I put up links auguring that an embryo is the existence of a distinct, separate, human being...and you say. "But Gldn, THEY ARE ALL EMBRYOLOGISTS...GET IT?".
Come off it brother. I have an astonishingly good memory and I recall, when you pulled it up last time, that you admitted that you hadn't even bothered to find out anything about those people on the list AND you also admitted that it was crap in the way of evidence.

Quote:
You all set for your trip? Two more weeks.
Yep! 12 days now!! Looking forward to it.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-28-2011 at 07:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 06:38 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,722,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I have read in several places that there are many contradictions in mark and such

New Testament Contradictions
Nah man, you don't understand. Jesus is so real he has two totally different paternal grandfathers. That makes him twice as real as a person with only one.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:19 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,678,786 times
Quote:

Perhaps you would prefer that we only use statements from "unbiased" anti-Christian publications?
I would prefer the use of scholarly works over publications from places like Eerdmans.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,567,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I would prefer the use of scholarly works over publications from places like Eerdmans.
Ah! The atheist prefers that I don't use source materials which support the Christian POV.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:48 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,665,976 times
Quote:
Ah! The atheist prefers that I don't use source materials which support the Christian POV.
Hey! Now there is a sensible "rule"!

But, based on that:
If it is held by the Atheists that the Theists can't/shouldn't support their contentions using intuition and perception, or Theist based material....it should also hold, the scientists can't/shouldn't support their side of the debate using theories and facts, or any science based material.

Fair is fair!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:10 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Hey! Now there is a sensible "rule"!

But, based on that:
If it is held by the Atheists that the Theists can't/shouldn't support their contentions using intuition and perception, or Theist based material....it should also hold, the scientists can't/shouldn't support their side of the debate using theories and facts, or any science based material.

Fair is fair!!!
Oh! So we can't use facts huh??

Old 04-28-2011, 04:01 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,728,623 times
Paul was a contemporary of Jesus. There are about 7 unquestionably authentic letters of Paul. These date from about 50 AD.

Would if have been possible for Paul to have written about Jesus who died less than twenty years earlier and be believed if Jesus had not?

Old 04-28-2011, 05:55 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,564,388 times
Quote:
I like to parallel his virgin birth, ministry, heavenly father, crucifiction and resurrection to the story of Horus...the Egyptian sun god. Some version of this story went around the middle east for 3000 years. It was told no less than two dozen times. It just happened that the Jewish version was last.

The Jews wrote the stories about Jesus and they don't even believe them.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:43 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,678,786 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should learn how to read.

The fact is that a bible and tract publisher doesn't have the credibility to engage in this kind of debate. Even if one of their authors did come to the opposite conclusion, it would never get published.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:51 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,754,538 times
If there were irrefutable facts that supported Jesus' existence we wouldn't be having this argument.

The truth is there is no evidence. Jesus may have existed, there were many so-called Messiahs back then, but did he do miracles...no. Was he raised from the dead...no

Was he god, who sent himself back to save mankind from himself...LOL...what a silly story...come on...no reasonable intelligent human being could truly believe that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality