Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:33 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,506,522 times

Advertisements

If when I die and get to the Pearly Gates there is a sign that says "NO DOGS ALLOWED" - I'll say "No Thanks" - beacuse wherever thay don't allow dogs I don't want to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 11:54 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,414,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
If there was a heaven and I managed to get in would I have to worry about spending eternity being woken up in the middle of the night by a barking dog with eternal life?
Hey let's go further than that. The Bible shows that all moving and creeping things on the Earth are living souls. Let's just take one small creature as an example. Mosquitos. Every year there must be 10 Godzillion of them all around the earth. Now can you imagine 10 Godzillion times 10s of thousands of years living in heaven ?

Maybe a Hindu can explain this to us

Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,674,331 times
ILNC wrote:
Quote:
Is there a "certain little dog" you have mind???
Oh no, there has to be a place in heaven for Misha.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:00 AM

810 posts, read 1,442,040 times
I have read on here several things that we'd like to take to Heaven. As humans, of course it is natural to desire our Earthly comforts...that just helps me to understand the scriptures at Psalms 115:16, Psalms 37:29, even the "Lord's Prayer" at Matt 6:9,10 "...Let your will take place in Heaven, also upon the Earth."

Old 06-19-2008, 08:14 AM

23,039 posts, read 34,496,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
ILNC wrote:

Oh no, there has to be a place in heaven for Misha.
I agree

Old 06-19-2008, 01:40 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,376,274 times
You have to think if people have a soul and a person is nothing more than an animal than other animals would also have souls.
I think what everyone wants to call a soul is nothing more than the energy within our bodies, and has nothing to do with a god, or any place we will go after we are dead.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,249,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
Ok, I've heard this before that animals do not have souls (according to Christianity anyway). But why is this?

Does sentience have anything to do with it?

Sometimes it feels like a dog really is man's best friend when they come lick your face after you've had a rough day. They do seem to react to moods and also it seems like they have the ability to "sense" bad people. Or am I reading too much into it?
I guess it depends on your definition of soul. If you are talking about the eternal life force, then certainly all living creatures have it. According to many belief systems this "soul" as you all it transmigrates from one body to the next and is not limited to the human animal.

Anyone who has had a close relationship with a pet knows in their heart that animals are highly intelligent and intuitive. They are moody, they communicate with each other and with ourselve. They have a sense of humor, and understand sadness and fear.

If they do not have "souls" then none of us do.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-20-2008, 09:47 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,667,031 times
I have two cats and I can tell you that they have buckets more soul than most people nowadays. If souls do exist I have no doubt that they have them.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:09 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,038,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Hey let's go further than that. The Bible shows that all moving and creeping things on the Earth are living souls. Let's just take one small creature as an example. Mosquitos. Every year there must be 10 Godzillion of them all around the earth. Now can you imagine 10 Godzillion times 10s of thousands of years living in heaven ?

Maybe a Hindu can explain this to us
I have no idea of bugs in the afterlife.
But, if you think of it, no physical body means food will not be essential,
which means there is no reason to kill,
which means, if there are bugs they would not be pesky.

Maybe we would teach them to sing.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:41 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,249,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
So, then, does a soul die? Is a soul immortal?
I think that souls attain a ultimate degree of development and then are no longer part of the earth. At that time I think they become one with the universe and are no longer incarnated in human or animal form.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality