Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 07:41 AM

409 posts, read 399,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
There are those who believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, Gremlins, Leprechauns, Big Foot, Aliens, Unicorns, etc....that doesn't make them real...but it say volumes about the delusional people believing in them.
You believe in a God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
So now God ONLY LIES...when it suits his purposes or the events warrant it and that's OK...and the biblical gymnastics continue. It's sad that you have to attempt to justify your rantings...with more senseless rantings.
I haven't attempted anything. If people would actually read their Bibles they would know that God can not tell a lie. And no, I don't mean read just the scriptures that state that fact but rather the entire Bible because 16 "All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3: 16,17

I know it's a lot of reading but it's worth the effort because it sure does tell the truth about God.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:52 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,221,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
You believe in a God.
I believe in a SOURCE OF ALL THERE IS....I do not refer to it as god since that connotation gives the picture of the bible god...which is a completely FALSE REPRESENTATION...depicting a sadistic tyrant.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Oh well, they were... so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Heaven is in the spirit world... what our Heavenly Father eventually does to the earth, only He knows. What His plan is while there are people still living here is that only love, peace and happiness will prevail. So somewhere down the long road ahead, there will be a major attitude adjustment for the better.
God intended for humans to live on the earth forever. He didn't create it for nothing.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:27 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,107,744 times
Quote:
Divine Love Christian. This is where I'm coming from... in order for salvation or immortality to occur, our souls must be purified and cleansed and we must become divine... this is accomplished by merely asking our Heavenly Father to help us open up our soul so that His Divine Love, which is His very essence, will flow in.

This powerful love removes sin and all of its encrustments that gets lodged on our souls throughout our lives... it's an on-going process and like I've posted before, I've been praying and receiving His Love for over 30 years... some years receiving a whole lot more than others, depending on what was going on at the time. It's only been in the last almost two years that I now have a personal relationship with Him... so receiving His Love before that, I didn't pay attention to Him specifically on a daily basis, only that I knew my soul was receiving it and whenever I would pray for different things, my prayers would be answered. Oh, and because of our personal relationship, I know that He's my Father and I no longer refer to Him as God.

Our souls before they are incarnated are perfect... they live in the Heavens where our Heavenly Father creates them, but once they are implanted in a fetus in the mother's womb, then our soul takes on the propensity to sin from four generations... not that we will sin because of what our ancestors did, but it could very well be possible. But stuff happens in our lives... we may get angry, hateful, hurtful, hold grudges, sometimes do things or say things to another that aren't nice, scream, yell, drink excessively, go into rants and rages, maim, torture or kill someone. All of these things defile our sweet souls and may make us bitter, resentful, etc. There are so many things that get lodged on our souls that, if we paid attention, we could prevent from happening in the first place.

So, as I said before, a mere belief isn't gonna wash and cleanse our souls... sometimes it needs a major scrubbing and with God's Divine Love... this is the quickest way to get the job done.
What a goof.

Born in sin is not scripture.
In fact, Genesis is arguably not our fall but our elevation to gaining our moral sense.
To Adams sin being passed down.
Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

I asked God for guidance and was forsaken.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

He said He did not love me. What a dick.

Regards
DL

Old 08-12-2010, 09:29 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,107,744 times
Quote:
What gift are you refering to?
Any gift.

Are there some you would and some you would not?

Regards
DL

Old 08-12-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Any gift.

Are there some you would and some you would not?

Regards
DL
I'm assuming you mean the gift of life from God. It is a free gift but that doesn't mean we shouldn't prove worthy of it. The United States is a free country but not everyone is welcome. People wanting to harm it or it's inhabitants are not welcome.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:36 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,167,223 times
Quote:
God intended for humans to live on the earth forever. He didn't create it for nothing.
At the time we cease breathing, we are no longer humans... we are spirits and we live in the spirit world... We don't know how long our Heavenly Father plans to keep creating people... it's His call. But when He decides that He has enough children to last Him for eons, then it makes sense that there will be no more babies born on this earth.

P.S. Heaven isn't on this earth... it's in the spirit world.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:39 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,167,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
What a goof.

Born in sin is not scripture.
In fact, Genesis is arguably not our fall but our elevation to gaining our moral sense.
To Adams sin being passed down.
Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

I asked God for guidance and was forsaken.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

He said He did not love me. What a dick.

Regards
DL
Huh? What you wrote makes no sense at all. And besides that, do you need to be so crude?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
At the time we cease breathing, we are no longer humans... we are spirits and we live in the spirit world... We don't know how long our Heavenly Father plans to keep creating people... it's His call. But when He decides that He has enough children to last Him for eons, then it makes sense that there will be no more babies born on this earth.

P.S. Heaven isn't on this earth... it's in the spirit world.
You don't believe in the Holy Bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality