Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:25 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,287,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
But what if she was confident about her age? This is the era of the cougar.

I wouldn't want anyone 55 if I was 52
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 AM

24,665 posts, read 70,005,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Sometimes I have an ad on a telephone dating service or internet dating service and will say-"looking for someone who is 24-34"

Then I will get a reply saying-"I'm everything you are looking for but Iam 36" Why don't they just say how old they are instead of making it a NEGATIVE and tell me something that may spark my interest?

Like I have seen ads where I women says-"No men who are Husky" And my reply was-"Well I'm a HANDSOME and HUSKY guy who''

See what I mean??? It is so many insecure women online about their age and weight but still trying to date. It would sound a lot better if she had said-"This is a 36 year attractive woman who was intrigued by you wanting a women with a sense of humor"

Women say they want a CONFIDENT MAN but I want a CONFIDENT WOMEN too who can reply to me without sounding negative and unsure of herself.
Right on schedule a new thread from Grasshopper - kudos for being so predictable, TVSG!

First, and once again, the plural of womAn is womEn and your post is replete with the grammatically incorrect interchange as to necessitate the vomit icon request. For crying out loud you are a job counselor who advises basically adult misfits with sad criminal records and/or scholastic achievement problems how to get back into the workforce and make something of themselves.

Your command of the English language is and remains pathetically poor while your social ineptness continues on its same lame path. Such a horrible role model you are ... Anyone who has worked hard to provide underprivileged, ill-educated and under-educated children and adults would squirm reading your posts.

Just trying to go though this latest thread and come up with some sense to respond to is such a chore. Hapless and hopeless is your name and your game.

Six months now into 2010 and your predictions where 2010 dates are concerned are so way under par as to be ridiculous.

Given your silly retort comments and their history, go for it! You pay my fare to Philly and I'll walk on your nappy back to your heart's content. I'll also invite Raena, WIGirl, Thursday and several others to join in. Up for the challenge? Be careful what you wish for ....

Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Right on schedule a new thread from Grasshopper - kudos for being so predictable, TVSG!

First, and once again, the plural of womAn is womEn and your post is replete with the grammatically incorrect interchange as to necessitate the vomit icon request. For crying out loud you are a job counselor who advises basically adult misfits with sad criminal records and/or scholastic achievement problems how to get back into the workforce and make something of themselves.

Your command of the English language is and remains pathetically poor while your social ineptness continues on its same lame path. Such a horrible role model you are ... Anyone who has worked hard to provide underprivileged, ill-educated and under-educated children and adults would squirm reading your posts.

Just trying to go though this latest thread and come up with some sense to respond to is such a chore. Hapless and hopeless is your name and your game.

Six months now into 2010 and your predictions where 2010 dates are concerned are so way under par as to be ridiculous.

Given your silly retort comments and their history, go for it! You pay my fare to Philly and I'll walk on your nappy back to your heart's content. I'll also invite Raena, WIGirl, Thursday and several others to join in. Up for the challenge? Be careful what you wish for ....

THat sounds HOT

Old 05-31-2010, 11:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,997,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
It's only natural to state the range of ages that you're interested in and most if not all of the dating sites provide a place on your profile to list them. I'm 61 and I've listed my age range to be from 51 to 62. Any younger than that just seems too young for my age and I really don't want to date someone who looks like my GrandMother so I figured that 62 would be a good cutoff point. It has nothing to do with being insecure or anything negative whatsoever.
You're 61 and you think someone age 63 would look like you're grandmother?

Old 05-31-2010, 12:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,803,365 times
Quote:

What a glorious post!

I'd rep you if I could but you know, spread the love etc

Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 PM

22,947 posts, read 19,581,046 times
Quote:
My profile was viewed by a 55 year old woman the other day and it made my stomach hurt
then don't post your profile on line
go out and get a life, interact with actual real women, instead of hiding behind a computer whining and carping about who reads your post

Old 05-31-2010, 12:18 PM

22,947 posts, read 19,581,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
If you were all that and a bag of chips you wouldn't still be dating online... trust me, most women feel the same pain you feel, when they see YOU looking at their profile.
OMG i love this post

Old 05-31-2010, 12:30 PM

24,665 posts, read 70,005,495 times
Quote:
THat sounds HOT
As presumed and so predictable, a typical response from you so where are the plane tickets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What a glorious post!

I'd rep you if I could but you know, spread the love etc
Thanks. He is such a bloody doofus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
OMG i love this post
Glad you enjoyed it. This thread will run a small course and then he'll come up with something else equally non-scintillating but so important in his little mind in the hope that he'll attract some CD newbies. And he does!

PS: Just as an afterthought, TVSG, what ARE now your predictions about dates in 2010? Six months now, half a year for true and what you predicted hasn't come to fruition so is there now a re-arrangement where 2010 is concerned? Pray tell. We love to keep up!

Old 06-01-2010, 12:13 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,203,315 times
Quote:

I will pick you up at the airport! (so long as it's Newark) - takes me 45 min to get to Philly!

Quote:
THat sounds HOT
So did you send her a ticket yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
OMG i love this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
If you were all that and a bag of chips you wouldn't still be dating online... trust me, most women feel the same pain you feel, when they see YOU looking at their profile.
This bears repeating!

Old 06-03-2010, 01:45 PM

Default I'm scared to go on first dates right now because of my medical condition

Right now I'm dealing with a arthritic left knee that feels good some days and then some not some good. My fear of going on a first date is getting up from table and not being to walk right away because of stiffness. Or not being able to keep up with her while walking. I want to go on date before July and currently in the process of making a dr's appt to see what other treatment options are available.

I don't want to be seen as OLD LIMPNG MAN on a first date with an attractive woman. Any guys on here have a similar situation and if so how you dealing with you? I'm open to al suggestions like knee braces or whatever it takes for me to go on a date and be regular. This girl wants to see me and I'm afraid to see her right now until come up with a treatment plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships