Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 01:27 AM

609 posts, read 1,260,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I agree, I'm sure it can be enjoyable in the short-term and while some call it using each other, the flip side is that they could be enjoying a mutually beneficial relationship. We can all be cynical about what these "benefits" are and what they say about that person, but as long as they both go into it with eyes wide open, then as adults they can do what they want.
i agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 07:00 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,608,583 times
Folks, this is what we all need to remember:

When the man was 22 years old, the woman was a newborn baby.

"Hmmm... that sure is an attractive baby! Gonna marry that baby someday..."

Creepy.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:48 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viny80 View Post
For the woman, older man = money, possible daddy issues
For the man, a younger woman= hot sex, most likely just doesn't find old women all that attractive just like most other men regardless of their age.
Fixed.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:30 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
I wonder if he has children? Then the biggest problem as I see it is this: if the relationship works out and they should marry, if he dies in 20 years, his family will claim she was a gold digger and will fight her in court from getting any money he may wish to leave her behind.

Example? Dennis Hopper's wife and children. The the gal will end up 40 and piss poor broke with no looks and no marketable skills.

Just take a look - the guys on this thread who are pro dating a 20 year old were also calling for Mrs. Hopper's head for being a thieving gold digger.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:33 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Fertility has absolutely no bearing on her libido.
A 50 year old with a 30 year old, that are both happily married, to each other, is QUITE remarkable, to me. It's fine if it works. Too often, it doesn't.
Forget it, Chessie. He's incapable of comprehending that women can have interests, desires, etc. They are just walking vaginas and baby-making machines, as far as he's concerned.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:00 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
I am in my 40s and I can say its creepy as far as Im concerned. A twenty year old is a kid, people in their 40s have kids that age. Its not a normal relationship, there are issues for both involved. Nothing wrong with a five or ten year age difference, but 22 years is a big gap. There is a generation of difference between them. The 42 year old was finishing college when that kid was born. The 42 year old grew up before the digital age, remembers the first computers, remembers dial phones and rabbit ears for TVS. The young millennial has never been unplugged, grew up with the internet, texting, facebook etc. They come from two totally different worlds. What on earth could they have in common???? He must have money and she is a looker, that can be the only answer.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:02 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
I find it weird, but hey.. to each their own.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:12 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I find it weird, but hey.. to each their own.
I usually suspect an underlying reason, too, but it doesn't really matter that much to me. I think it's possible for great love to be shared between two people with a vast age difference, but I don't think that's the case with most of the situations I see, especially when a whole lot of money is involved.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:59 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
20 yrs. Uhhhhhhhhhhh..........yeah no.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I am in my 40s and I can say its creepy as far as Im concerned. A twenty year old is a kid, people in their 40s have kids that age. Its not a normal relationship, there are issues for both involved. Nothing wrong with a five or ten year age difference, but 22 years is a big gap. There is a generation of difference between them. The 42 year old was finishing college when that kid was born. The 42 year old grew up before the digital age, remembers the first computers, remembers dial phones and rabbit ears for TVS. The young millennial has never been unplugged, grew up with the internet, texting, facebook etc. They come from two totally different worlds. What on earth could they have in common???? He must have money and she is a looker, that can be the only answer.
Or she's not a looker. I've known several older guys who date much younger women --- but not especially attractive ones. Some wouldn't have much chance of attracting guys their own age -- but simply being younger gives them appeal to the over 40 set.

I think for the most part it's daddy-issues, a girl looking for a man who will spoil her with money and expensive gifts that a 20 year guy could not afford and would not do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships