Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,125,177 times

Advertisements

Just be a gentleman and treat the women you date with respect. Don't act as though she's the love of your life on the first date. Or that whether or not this date is a success will guide your destiny. Take the date with a grain of salt: if it doesn't work out, no big - NEXT! If it does work out, that much better.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 AM

20,729 posts, read 19,392,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny101 View Post
Too nice? I like to treat people nicely. Some people have taken advantage in the past, but I'm not going to change.

I do try hard on my dates. What do you mean by too hard?
Hi ny101,

You will need to redefine nice. You need to be nice contextually. If a criminal throws you a magazine and tells you to help him reload, you may be nice to the criminal, but is your result nice?

What is nice to a woman on late at night on public transportation? A man who is nice to her, or a man who insures everyone else is nice to her as well?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:53 AM

261 posts, read 527,722 times
Quote:
How can I be confident in something I have not succeeded at? Is there a way?

You have it right. I just want to raise a family like most people. I want someone to come home to after a day at work. I want the enjoyment of raising a child. I hope it's not too much to ask. I'll take your suggestions. Thank you.
I completely understand and when you start dating regularly you will wonder what all the fuss is about. Basically first dates are job interviews with cocktails. I think you just have to be confident in what you have to offer. You have to sell yourself without coming off too strong although the women sitting in front of you will probably share your views on children and such you don't want that to be the thing to scare her away.

She doesn't know you so it's your time to shine. Be honest about your likes and dislikes, be polite and ask questions. You have to like her too it's not all her call.

Relax and continue to date until you find someone you like.

It might help if you tell me more about you. what are your interests? What do you do for a living?. I understand if you don't want to reveal too much on a forum but this might help you to find women with the same type of hobbies.

Yes you have time. it's not too late. if anything it's just the beginning...

Old 04-05-2010, 10:58 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,125,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklyWonder66 View Post
I completely understand and when you start dating regularly you will wonder what all the fuss is about. Basically first dates are job interviews with cocktails. I think you just have to be confident in what you have to offer. You have to sell yourself without coming off too strong although the women sitting in front of you will probably share your views on children and such you don't want that to be the thing to scare her away.

She doesn't know you so it's your time to shine. Be honest about your likes and dislikes, be polite and ask questions. You have to like her too it's not all her call.

Relax and continue to date until you find someone you like.

It might help if you tell me more about you. what are your interests? What do you do for a living?. I understand if you don't want to reveal too much on a forum but this might help you to find women with the same type of hobbies.

Yes you have time. it's not too late. if anything it's just the beginning...
Great advice. +1 gotta spread the love.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi SparklyWonder66,

You mean when you are already emotionally involved?

There are ways to keep a relationship sexual without having sex. Even better is to keep an acquaintance with a sexual charge to it. I will find out what I need to know. I would rather stay healthy.
People please LOL. I have never once said sleep around, don't ask questions and hope you don't get AIDS. I'm basically saying that if a guy told me on the first date he was a virgin before I've even seen the menu I would be shocked and put off. If I was told this guy was a virgin when/ if we discussed sex or when we were planning to have sex (that day) then I would discuss it and ask and answer any questions.

I have known most of my boyfriends as friends first or from work so I have known their sexual history without having to ask.

Also I personally would not give a rats ass if a guy I liked was a virgin.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:11 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,686,046 times
Quote:
People please LOL. I have never once said sleep around, don't ask questions and hope you don't get AIDS. I'm basically saying that if a guy told me on the first date he was a virgin before I've even seen the menu I would be shocked and put off. If I was told this guy was a virgin when/ if we discussed sex or when we were planning to have sex (that day) then I would discuss it and ask and answer any questions.

I have known most of my boyfriends as friends first or from work so I have known their sexual history without having to ask.

How do you know a co-worker's sexual history without having to ask?

Old 04-05-2010, 11:12 AM

71 posts, read 69,307 times
I do consider myself a geek and have a geeky job. I'm not very strong or athletic. I can't even do a pushup. I occasionally try athetic things and I usually quit in disgust. I don't have a whole lot of hobbies outside of work. I'll walk around Manhattan and sometimes go to a sporting event or to live music. I'm not a bad cook.

My dates have with 2 average looking and 1 obese woman.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
How do you know a co-worker's sexual history without having to ask?
Well we used to go out socially as a group and we would meet up with their girlfriends, ex's, friends, sisters and it would come up in conversation. I don't know where you work but in London co-workers talk.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I do consider myself a geek and have a geeky job. I'm not very strong or athletic. I can't even do a pushup. I occasionally try athetic things and I usually quit in disgust. I don't have a whole lot of hobbies outside of work. I'll walk around Manhattan and sometimes go to a sporting event or to live music. I'm not a bad cook.

My dates have with 2 average looking and 1 obese woman.
Just an few ideas off the top of my head:

Sports bar
walking tours
cooking classes
language classes
yoga or something like that

I understand if your not into playing sport or the gym but you could try other areas.

If you want to stick to online dating mention these interests online it should help to narrow down the search for a suitable woman. Plus you will have more to talk about on the date.

it isn't just about likes - dislikes are important too. If you hate the opera or are not a fan of rock music you should say they are not really your thing.

I hope this helps.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM

20,729 posts, read 19,392,808 times
Quote:

Hi SparklyWonder66,

No problem. I am not accusing you of anything. You demonstrate a gwynedd principle quite nicely though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships