Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,965,061 times

Advertisements

I tell jokes that are snot funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 10:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,727,557 times
Leave me alone when I am sick. I drink a lot of fluid, sleep a lot and wake up better. I am irritable; I don't want to hear your noise or deal with you. No, I will not make you a sandwich. I do not care where your socks are. Leave me alone, and I will reemerge later, well again.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,555,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
delighting in the illness of men? is this the happy thread? well at least toto got away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
LOL...I think after seeing this thread, I am going to get off of CD for the night.
Figures someone would turn this into a man-bashing attempt. You two must be the crabby sick people.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
I pretty much become much quieter and move around less, talk less, interact less...

I don't get to stay home when I am sick, so people at work do notice my lack of normal ebullience and tend to bring me medicines, tissues, drinks of water. But I don't make a fuss or ask for them.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
When I'm sick, I want to be left alone.

My experience has been that men are the opposite, though: Big honkin' babies. "Oh, this is ROTTEN. Oh, I'm DYING. Where's my last WILL and TESTAMENT?"
You're most welcome to nurse me back to health

The more nurses, the merrier.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:28 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,346,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You're most welcome to nurse me back to health

The more nurses, the merrier.
In those special nurses outfits?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:29 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,346,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
When I'm sick, I want to be left alone.

My experience has been that men are the opposite, though: Big honkin' babies. "Oh, this is ROTTEN. Oh, I'm DYING. Where's my last WILL and TESTAMENT?"
Nah not all men. I don't stay home unless I'm really really sick. And even then I will still get up and make myself something to eat, get my own tissues, medicine, etc....

Old 03-04-2010, 10:31 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,191,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Hah, betcha thought I was referring to the mental.

What would your SO say if someone asked how you behave when you are ill? Are you a grouch? A big baby? Don't want anyone doing anything for you?

I'm coming down with the crud that seems to be going around and I can't help but think of how my mommy used to put my head in her lap and play with my hair. She'd bring me tea and soup, totally baby me. I'd eat it up if she were here. But otherwise, I'm usually too drained to care if I get any attention.

I think it's kinda cute to see how some men turn into mush when they're sick. Big burly strong kings of the universe reduced to feverish, clammy lumps of sogginess. Awwwww.
I'm pretty much a martyr. I don't want anything. Just leave me alone with a book, the television or whatever. Check in with me every few hours and I'm good, even though I feel like crap. The last thing I want is somebody bothering me every twenty minutes.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
In those special nurses outfits?
Absolutely

I remember when I was getting my cyst removed, there was one doctor and two nurses helping him.

The whole time the nurses were giggling at stuff I was telling them. And this irritated the old man to no end. I'd feel his anger once in a while in the ferocity of his operating knife , all of a sudden he'd be like, "bang!" and I was like "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh", then silence for 10 seconds and the rioting would restart

Soon enough, I'd have pushed him to his limit and he'd knife me all over again. This went on for half an hour.

I hate doctors

Old 03-04-2010, 12:52 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,555,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I tell jokes that are snot funny.
HA! Now that's funnay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships