Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 03:01 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,279,522 times

Advertisements

I am an easy patient because I want to be left alone...I get very uncomfortable when anyone dotes on me too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 PM

44,392 posts, read 20,123,279 times
I am one of the lucky ones, and rarely get sick. Haven't even had a cold for over 3 years. But when I do feel rotten, the last thing I want is anyone to look at me , talk to me, or dote on me. I do appreciate receiving cards in the snail-mail. Cards always lift my spirits.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:07 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,591,963 times
Very, very irritable, best left alone. I was out sick this past Monday and when I went into work Tuesday I was pissed enough to take a fish straight out of the mouth of a grizzly & back slap the s*** out of it afterwards....................and I have no idea why.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:33 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,571,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfw&p View Post
very, very irritable, best left alone. I was out sick this past monday and when i went into work tuesday i was pissed enough to take a fish straight out of the mouth of a grizzly & back slap the s*** out of it afterwards....................and i have no idea why.
lol!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:01 PM

23,287 posts, read 29,145,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

I think it's kinda cute to see how some men turn into mush when they're sick. Big burly strong kings of the universe reduced to feverish, clammy lumps of sogginess. Awwwww.
I work in a Rehab facility, with many burly, macho military veterans. Come visit sometime for many good laughs.

On goes the call light: I need another pain pill! The pain, the pain, the pain!

During their military days, imagine what physical pain they suffered, and did they dare ask their commanding officers then for pain medication!

Oh please! Babies, babies, babies!

When I'm sick, I heal much more quickly, if I make everyone I come in contact with as sick as I am. And I do a very good job of it!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:08 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,907,596 times
Sleep, take medication, watch TV, sip soup.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:17 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,131,528 times
I'm perfectly capable of nursing myself back to health. All I need is a big glass of ginger ale with a couple cold ice cubes, some Nyquil, chicken soup and rest, and your boy is back. Whenever I have a bad fever what I do is cover myself in a thick blanket and sleep it off. I wake up drenched in sweat but I feel a lot better afterwards.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,406,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Hah, betcha thought I was referring to the mental.

What would your SO say if someone asked how you behave when you are ill? Are you a grouch? A big baby? Don't want anyone doing anything for you?

I'm coming down with the crud that seems to be going around and I can't help but think of how my mommy used to put my head in her lap and play with my hair. She'd bring me tea and soup, totally baby me. I'd eat it up if she were here. But otherwise, I'm usually too drained to care if I get any attention.

I think it's kinda cute to see how some men turn into mush when they're sick. Big burly strong kings of the universe reduced to feverish, clammy lumps of sogginess. Awwwww.
I'm the kind of person who will get my butt up and go to work with a smile, but then come home and do absolutely nothing, while watching Friends re-runs. Is that bad????
I like to be taken care of when I'm sick. I'm not a nagging/annoying sick person though, but I do enjoy the attention.
Now, I don't even remember when was the last time that I got really sick!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:49 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,569,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I work in a Rehab facility, with many burly, macho military veterans. Come visit sometime for many good laughs.

On goes the call light: I need another pain pill! The pain, the pain, the pain!

During their military days, imagine what physical pain they suffered, and did they dare ask their commanding officers then for pain medication!

Oh please! Babies, babies, babies!

When I'm sick, I heal much more quickly, if I make everyone I come in contact with as sick as I am. And I do a very good job of it!
When I was sick a couple weeks ago, one of the things I had was pink eye (28 years old and I had pink eye ). I ended up staying home from work for 3 days, though I actually worked from home one of those days. My boss was mad because she had to do some of my work. It was SO tempting to rub my eye and touch all her stuff when I went back! LOL

Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 PM

6,887 posts, read 11,268,789 times
Smile Sounds like what I do but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I'm perfectly capable of nursing myself back to health. All I need is a big glass of ginger ale with a couple cold ice cubes, some Nyquil, chicken soup and rest, and your boy is back. Whenever I have a bad fever what I do is cover myself in a thick blanket and sleep it off. I wake up drenched in sweat but I feel a lot better afterwards.
I have learned to run to the emergency clinic, get some ZPack or something good like that and get it going right away. I can't stand to be sick and I don't remember growing up around any of us staying home sick. Usually, I am the one who takes care of everyone else.

My husband is not a complainer. I give him chicken soup but he is rarely sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships