Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 11:41 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,148 times

Advertisements

I would always make really smarta$$ comments to the extremely picky ones like "Enjoy your perpetual state of loneliness." LOL

Often they'd give a blank stare, they were that clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 12:05 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,727 times
I think this whole issue is a big reason why guys get fed up and relationships are in the toliet these days. It seems like women expect you have it ALL. I don't know many really good-looking wealthy people to be honest (someone who has the assets and income to be considered rich). The days of quick money is gone. As someone mentioned, they are pretty much 35 years old and up. They are always working. They will have a wide pool of women to choose from. They will ask for a rather air-tight pre-nup.

Looking over the online dating sites, it's very hard to find a girl that doesn't have a "checklist". Having standards is fine, but it's kind of amusing what average-to-pretty girls ask for (I think most girls who are slender-to-about average can always be attractive if they want to be). The media hasn't helped. Shows like Sex and the City make girls think they can live like that and deep-pocketed Mr. Bits (or whatever his name is) will take care of all your needs.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:36 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,034,927 times
Perfectly stated....and yes, to the poster who commented on my comment, i surely bowed out..and the "height" thing was one of her huge things on the check list...she said..pretty much that a guy under 6' 2" can't defend her.... or will be a failure in the work world ( because of the notion that only tall guys end up rich..or what ever the b.s. was she was quoting) again, i quickly moved on to much more realistic options...

Old 11-14-2009, 02:26 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Perfectly stated....and yes, to the poster who commented on my comment, i surely bowed out..and the "height" thing was one of her huge things on the check list...she said..pretty much that a guy under 6' 2" can't defend her.... or will be a failure in the work world ( because of the notion that only tall guys end up rich..or what ever the b.s. was she was quoting) again, i quickly moved on to much more realistic options...
It sounds like you dodged a bullet on that one, dude. I bet she has all kinds of crackpot theories about all kinds of things. Who wants to spend to their time listening to that?

Old 11-14-2009, 05:52 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,612 times
Picky (in the dating sense) is when someone has a preference on what or who they are looking for. Like if the man only prefers blondes, then he will only go out with a blonde. If a woman doesn't like a particular type of restauarant then you don't go there on the date. But some people take being picky to an extreme and it's very hard to go anywhere with these type of people, for real.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:03 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
...she said..pretty much that a guy under 6' 2" can't defend her.... or will be a failure in the work world
LOL @ her.

I know of a guy who's 5'4" and has practiced Brazilian jujitsu for over a decade. Trust me, this guy would have no problems defending a girl from anyone. I've seen him make 6'2" guys practically cry in practice matches. As far as being successful, he owns the gym where he practices.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:09 AM

725 posts, read 2,321,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I think a woman who would use height as an excuse in this situation is really letting the guy off gently. She's saying, hmmm... nah, not interested. I think that a good, date-able guy would see this and graciously bow out. I think a jerky, not so date-able guy would use this as further evidence that all women are picky and unreasonable and have such high standards and yadda yadda women suck blah blah blah, let me start a thread on city data to complain. If I were a woman who was 5'0", or h#ll, even 4'0", I wouldn't date this guy either .. he's too d*** short!
5'9 is too short for a guy??????? That's the average height for men!!!!!!

Now I admit that lots of shorter guys have the Short-Dude syndrome happening. They behave like jerks and are insecure about themselves. But come on, a woman that won't date anybody under 6'0 is being way too picky.

If 5'9 is average then lots of men fall under the 6'0 Category.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:22 AM

Totally agree with all above thoughts..Thats why when i meet a woman, and i hear even one mention of that subject..in the negative, attempting to mock you sense, i move on..not even the hottest chick..who is will easily hook up is worth that what so ever..

The other thing which also made no sense to me was hearing some woman tell a friend of mine that she could not date him because of the family he came from..,yes, ive met some really nice ones along the way..lol

Old 11-14-2009, 10:42 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,672,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
I think this whole issue is a big reason why guys get fed up and relationships are in the toliet these days. It seems like women expect you have it ALL. I don't know many really good-looking wealthy people to be honest (someone who has the assets and income to be considered rich). The days of quick money is gone. As someone mentioned, they are pretty much 35 years old and up. They are always working. They will have a wide pool of women to choose from. They will ask for a rather air-tight pre-nup.

Looking over the online dating sites, it's very hard to find a girl that doesn't have a "checklist". Having standards is fine, but it's kind of amusing what average-to-pretty girls ask for (I think most girls who are slender-to-about average can always be attractive if they want to be). The media hasn't helped. Shows like Sex and the City make girls think they can live like that and deep-pocketed Mr. Bits (or whatever his name is) will take care of all your needs.
I'd agree the "quick money" from this low interest rate bubble is all gone and will be for a generation.

I have personally known quite a few people like "Bud Fox" from the movie "Wall Street", one of my BIL's is like that, but at the end of the day it's all an illusion.

My sister was one of those checklist people and she did find what appeared to be one of those rare guys that have it all to marry. He had the bachelor pad, the toys, the cars, the dubious but high paying job, the travel plus he was an athlete competing in different amateur sports. He's a tall guy she considered attractive with an outgoing persona.

So she married him recently. Seemed like he was perfect.

It was an illusion. He is in crippling debt, his body is crumbling from numerous athletic injuries, his six figure job gone, toys are starting to go, plus they put themselves in even more debt for a massive wedding.

He's looking for jobs and the only thing on the horizon is a $12.00 an hour job. At one point he was making $15000 a month.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

So girls I'd look at bit deeper.

I'm know for a fact I pass unnoticed with a lot of American women because I'm not a showy guy. I have a nice car but it's paid for, I wear Old Navy and Levis, I've buffered my income with multiple clients and employers, I don't have debt and the toys I have like bikes or skis are second hand.

I suspect as the Great Recession continues it might be good for the country as a whole. Real work, real money and common sense might become more attractive then all the fluff and puff we've had in the past two decades.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:13 AM

Excellent thoughts..lets get back to good pay for hard work doing what you love... thats what should be attractive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships