Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,696,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
not at all true all i gota do is read your profile and follow your posts.
You follow my posts? I am touched, really touched I tell ya! How, let me get that box of tissues ... By the way, what's so offensive about my profile? Is it the lawyer thing or the Soviet thing? Or maybe classical music? Yeah, I can see how that can be upsetting

Zaicheg: You are baaad.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 AM

143 posts, read 415,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
let's see. I was born in the ussr, in the russian federation, in west siberia. I went to russian kindergarten, played with my russian playmates in the yard of the apartment complex, went through the russian elementary school, russian middle school and russian high school, scored highest in russian language among other subjects upon graduation. Wrote compositions on leo tolstoy, theodor dostoyevskiy, aleksandr pushkin, naturally, in russian. Then the university, with my "red" high school diploma, i was admitted only with 2 exams out of 4 one of which was russian language and literature. After graduation from the university, joined the soviet army as an officer, in the rank of a lieutenant, was discharged few years after in a rank of a captain. Does this qualify me as a native russian speaker?

Btw. Someone who is really fluent in russian would be able to tell that i am native speaker just by looking at my nickname here.:d that's an inside joke every native knows.
Это было не вам. Или вы тоже ищите жену?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 AM

143 posts, read 415,861 times
It would have been more fun if one of these had been the inspiration of your forum name:

YouTube - Зайчик Шнуфель - Тусовка Зайцев

YouTube - NikitA - Зайчик (new)

haha

Old 05-21-2009, 10:13 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,799,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decypher View Post
well I would really like to find a russian wife. I don't mean those kind of mail-order brides but a real normal russian girl who I can maybe marry. I have looked at those kinds of sites but I just get the feeling that those girls on the photos are just fake or that I will just meet a woman that will just marry me to get out of poverty or scam me etc. How will I meet normal russian woman that don't hunt for money but just want to find love? Is there any reliable dating sites like match.com etc but Russian? Do you have any advice on about marrying russian woman?

and I'm not some bald 50 year old who can't get girls any other way either
I had a friend who brought a girl over from the Phillipines and married her. It soon became obvious she just wanted a way to get over here, and they split up soon afterward. So please be VERY, VERY careful!!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 05:30 PM

17,237 posts, read 57,250,186 times
OP, if you are close to NY, go on over to Brighton Beach. Where are you anyway? Several major cities have significant Russian communities, you can date girls who are already here. Going overseas to meet one or more girls just puts too much time pressure on both you and her.

Wow, where to start, you need to read up on the language and culture, there are plenty of really wonderful girls in Russia and in Ukraine, some but not most speak at least some English. But you will always be at a disadvantage if you don't speak the language.

If you are serious I suggest you start your cultural studies with Yale Rachlin's "From Nyet to Da", and your language studies with Sunset's "Russian in 10 Minutes a Day".

I have a Ukrainian wife, we get along good, so I guess I have a right to say what I think works.

There are a lot of nice girls out there, there are always 3rd-world (well really these gals are exactly 2nd world) girls who are looking for a meal ticket.

If you have a salable skill, if you can get a job as an expat there, this will give you time on the ground to meet people. Consider teaching English in Russia - Google this.

DM me if you have specific questions.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:05 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,443,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
You follow my posts? I am touched, really touched I tell ya! How, let me get that box of tissues ... By the way, what's so offensive about my profile? Is it the lawyer thing or the Soviet thing? Or maybe classical music? Yeah, I can see how that can be upsetting
No, it's the general hardness and snarkiness that only a "doormat" could be married to, just like you've exhibited above.

If that didn't come across, people would have offered you a seat on the train when you were carrying a child. I ALWAYS give my seat on the train to a woman who is elderly, pregnant, disabled, carrying something or just has a pleasant way about her. I don't give up my seat to a woman who is not like the ones I just listed. Neither do other people. For some reason, red, that story left a visual with me...

Mazeltov...

Old 05-22-2009, 10:18 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,696,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
No, it's the general hardness and snarkiness that only a "doormat" could be married to, just like you've exhibited above.
Do me a favor, robert -- leave family out of it. Attack me all you want, but my husband is off limits. Deal? Just because you find yourself alone, that's no reason to vilify men who aren't, especially those who are not here to respond to this crap.

Quote:
If that didn't come across, people would have offered you a seat on the train when you were carrying a child. I ALWAYS give my seat on the train to a woman who is elderly, pregnant, disabled, carrying something or just has a pleasant way about her. I don't give up my seat to a woman who is not like the ones I just listed. Neither do other people. For some reason, red, that story left a visual with me...
What story? Care to reference? I don't remember ever saying anything about men having to give up their seats to women who are not elderly, pregnant, disabled, etc. Methinks you have me confused with someone else. And by the way, I always give up my seat to the elderly, disabled and people with children regardless of their gender -- and without evaluating first whether they are pleasant enough and whether they deserve it. You know, my snarkiness notwithstanding. You lecture me on humility, yet your own attitude -- that someone has to demonstrate worthiness for you to perform a common courtesy -- is the height of arrogance, in my opinion.

Yes, I am snarky. Yes, I am sarcastic. I grew up in a culture where -- despite what the mail-order bride vendors tell you -- cynicism is a cardinal virtue, carefully cultivated and vastly preferred to simpering, tasteless sentimentality. I prefer statements of substance and insight, even if I don't entirely agree with them, to mindless platitudes. I abhor intellectual sloppiness, mediocrity and self-pity, and I mince no words about it. I know that the sappy "pleasantness" you seem to value so highly is often a veneer that masks hypocrisy, servility, cowardice, philistinism, holier-than-thou cruelty and just plain stupidity; and thus, I put a lot less stock in it than you do. I don't think anyone deserves anything simply for being a certain gender; and people who point to their gender as some sort of personal achievement that obligates the opposite sex to fawn over them, have major entitlement issues, in my opinion, and are utterly pathetic. When such people end up alone, they have only themselves to blame. This is what I believe. If I can't get a seat on the train except by surrendering my integrity, then I'd rather remain standing, thank you. It's a small price to pay for being true to oneself.

Quote:
Mazeltov...
Well, I suppose since the f-word is not allowed here, you'd say that instead.

Last edited by Redisca; 05-22-2009 at 10:59 PM..

Old 05-23-2009, 06:21 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,076,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Do me a favor, robert -- leave family out of it. Attack me all you want, but my husband is off limits. Deal? Just because you find yourself alone, that's no reason to vilify men who aren't, especially those who are not here to respond to this crap.
Your husband does need to be a doormat for you unless one of the reasons you come off so cold is because he abuses you. I have come to discover the males who marry Russian either don't have any other choices or they expect the women to be this hidden treasure which they are not.
Quote:
What story? Care to reference? I don't remember ever saying anything about men having to give up their seats to women who are not elderly, pregnant, disabled, etc. Methinks you have me confused with someone else. And by the way, I always give up my seat to the elderly, disabled and people with children regardless of their gender -- and without evaluating first whether they are pleasant enough and whether they deserve it. You know, my snarkiness notwithstanding. You lecture me on humility, yet your own attitude -- that someone has to demonstrate worthiness for you to perform a common courtesy -- is the height of arrogance, in my opinion.
This I can agree with.
Quote:
Yes, I am snarky. Yes, I am sarcastic. I grew up in a culture where -- despite what the mail-order bride vendors tell you -- cynicism is a cardinal virtue, carefully cultivated and vastly preferred to simpering, tasteless sentimentality. I prefer statements of substance and insight, even if I don't entirely agree with them, to mindless platitudes. I abhor intellectual sloppiness, mediocrity and self-pity, and I mince no words about it. I know that the sappy "pleasantness" you seem to value so highly is often a veneer that masks hypocrisy, servility, cowardice, philistinism, holier-than-thou cruelty and just plain stupidity; and thus, I put a lot less stock in it than you do. I don't think anyone deserves anything simply for being a certain gender; and people who point to their gender as some sort of personal achievement that obligates the opposite sex to fawn over them, have major entitlement issues, in my opinion, and are utterly pathetic. When such people end up alone, they have only themselves to blame. This is what I believe. If I can't get a seat on the train except by surrendering my integrity, then I'd rather remain standing, thank you. It's a small price to pay for being true to oneself.
Well Russian culture is pretty pathetic. It would explain why so many Russian's don't make good anything. This whole "I am superior attitude," is really bad. Most Russians' are just like you and that's why Russia is in the crapper. I have come across many Russians' and I wouldn't ever want a relationship with one. I believe in the old saying, "if you don't have anything good to say, don't talk." but Russian's on the other hand. Well you are probably well aware of it.
Quote:
Well, I suppose since the f-word is not allowed here, you'd say that instead.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 05-23-2009 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: No obscenities/English only
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.