Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,640,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Exactly and had you filed for divorce after he cheated I would say he is probably the jerk and you did nothing wrong. Yet you two were seperated and you had filed a divorce. So I say what you call "cheating" is not the problem but the result of whatever garbage was in the marriage prior to him moving out.
I'm sorry, could you please repeat that one million times?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,311,500 times
I don't know anything about your husband or marriage, Ivory, but I can't understand how you consider it cheating after you filed for divorce.

Most people don't wait until the judge signs the papers before they start seeing others. MOST don't. I didn't and my ex didn't. Once the papers were filed and we agreed the marriage was over, we considered it done.

Of course you're entitled to hold your guy to a higher standard, but really.... I can't agree that he was cheating if you'd already given him his walking papers. You may be perfectly justified in filing for divorce, but not because he "cheated" on you.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,803,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I'm sorry, could you please repeat that one million times?
NO. I have said enough on that whole topic. I kept seeing the heading on the thread about people twisting your words every time I read her responses.

But seriously Y'all ROCK. Thanks again for helping where you could. Just to clear it up one more time. I will not be dating anyone or trying to date anyone for at least 3-6 months.

Not sure how bad my libido is going to kick my butt over this time but I can manage. I hope!

Old 03-25-2009, 09:17 PM

563 posts, read 1,453,767 times
Quote:
NO. I have said enough on that whole topic. I kept seeing the heading on the thread about people twisting your words every time I read her responses.

But seriously Y'all ROCK. Thanks again for helping where you could. Just to clear it up one more time. I will not be dating anyone or trying to date anyone for at least 3-6 months.

Not sure how bad my libido is going to kick my butt over this time but I can manage. I hope!

You'll be fine! Your libido is dormant at the moment, isn't it?

Last edited by DezertGirl; 03-25-2009 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: ack! misspelling!!!!!

37,809 posts, read 46,342,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Because he wanted to.

Yeah, we were separated, so?

It's cheating if you haven't ended your relationship. Moving on that soon shows that, to him, I'm easily replacable. Which is the problem. I know I don't matter. Actions speak louder than words. I don't want to be in a relationship where I don't matter and I don't matter in this one. Never did. Time to accept that.

Yup, it takes one to ruin it. Cheating manages that very well.

You and Mountain are right, divorce is the answer. He doesn't need a wife who is so awful she makes him cheat and I don't need a husband who thinks I'm so awful he cheats.

Whoa. Guess I've missed a lot of history here, but are you saying that you believe that when you are legally separated, it's "cheating" to have a relationship with someone else? I must have misunderstood....

9,229 posts, read 16,594,510 times
Quote:
One loving, caring, gentle giant free to a good home. I am a good earner, father, and lover. I am house broken and trained to do domestic duties. I love kids and work with a group that tries to get kids off the streets and out of gangs.(having been a gang member in my youth) I don't drink very much. I do smoke but have set 3-31 as the day I quit. I drive fast cars and push them to the limit. I am forgiving up to the point of a problem being repetitive. I listen, even when I don't like what I am hearing. I don't travel with my business. My office can be anywhere the internet is available. I have two beautiful boys that drive me to be the best man I can be. I work hard and play hard. I don't ask for much. Just rub my belly to let me know you care. Oh and if something were to come up during said belly rubbing.... rub that too......

After having a huge fight with my soon to be ex, I sat down and asked myself... Self are you really that bad?
^ Look, it's the original post! ^

I missed that part about the belly rub though. LOL!

Old 03-25-2009, 09:21 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,803,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertGirl View Post
You'll be fine! Your libido is dormant at the moment, isn't it?

Yes for all of 2 weeks. I swear this is so not healthy..... nah it is not that bad.... except when the wind blows. Hahaha I will make it. I hope!

Old 03-25-2009, 09:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
but are you saying that you believe that when you are legally separated, it's "cheating" to have a relationship with someone else? I must have misunderstood....
Yep, that's precisely what she's saying!

Old 03-25-2009, 09:24 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,693,612 times
Bone,
If my daughter wasn't still married to a moron....I'd introduce you to her
You will do fine....just keep working on you......
I guess this is how the phrase "Live and learn" came into being!
The general rule is 1 yr after major life changes....

Stay here with us...I think we like you
*sheepishly speaks for some of the group*

Old 03-25-2009, 09:26 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,674,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
Bone,
If my daughter wasn't still married to a moron....I'd introduce you to her
You will do fine....just keep working on you......
I guess this is how the phrase "Live and learn" came into being!
The general rule is 1 yr after major life changes....

Stay here with us...I think we like you
*sheepishly speaks for some of the group*

I'm part of that group!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships