Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 08:26 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,154,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Where are you getting this? Sitcoms? When a man has opened up to me, I've felt like it makes our relationship more intimate, and I respect him more for being able to trust me enough to open up. I can't imagine making light of a serious situation like that.
You're the exception to the rule. Most women don't think like you do so that's lovely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 08:29 AM

34 posts, read 58,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
You're the exception to the rule. Most women don't think like you do so that's lovely.
Most woman do think like she and I do!!! We are not the exception! Go ahead...tell us anything you want...spill your guts!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:56 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,865,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue's Love View Post
Well my bf keeps his stuff all up inside... like if he is stressed or pissed of about something. He said it is because i have enough to worry about. But isn't that what being couple is all about?
What's the point in putting it out there if you can't do anything to change or fix it?

Old 08-23-2009, 11:16 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,873,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue's Love View Post
Why is it so hard for men to open up and express there feelings? I mean any feelings! Are they afraid of coming across as not being MANLY?
Simple: it's just not that important to us. If it's important to you, meaning women, then you need to convince us as to why we should.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:00 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,903,402 times
My wife thinks it's probably a good thing that I freely express my emotions.

But she said she wishes I would do it outside where she didn't have to hear me.

And I should try to use fewer four letter words so the neighbors don't call the cops.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:22 PM

65 posts, read 175,478 times
It's really ridiculous that so many people expect men to go through the hardships of life without ever shedding a tear. Every human being is entitled to feelings, even men.

Not that my bf is a good example, he keeps all his emotions bottled up, but I'd like him to open up a bit more with me. I tell him it's fine if he wants to vent with me, but he never does.

My father is even worse. Actually it's strange to think of him as someone with feelings because he never shows them. He's the typical middle aged macho man who can take everything without breaking. That's obviously not true, I'm sure he must have had his moments. Despite him not being emotionally close to me or my siblings, I love him to bits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships