Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:20 PM

132 posts, read 224,300 times

Advertisements

My bf is horrible with this.. Any idea on how to make him open up we have been together for a little over 2 years and its like he doesnt tell me **** he wont tell me inless i find out and bring it up to him about how hes feeling. I dont understand why he wont open up hardly at all. I know he loves me. I saw him cry one time when i got fed up with him not telling me how he really feels about things and i guess he thought i was going to leave him which i wasnt. Hes not some little ***** wiped guy but he would do anything for me. So i know its not because he doesnt want to be with me. He doesnt like conflict when it comes to girls so if i get mad about anything and just try to talk to him he just shuts up how can i open him up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 10:30 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,126,319 times
Default Be For Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue's Love View Post
there is nothing wrong with a manly man telling me their problems. It is the only way to get them out.
Who are you trying to fool? You know good and well you secretly think if your man opens up to you about his issues, you'll think he's a lame or a wimp. Be real with it. I love when women try to run this game on some of us men knowing we see right through you. What happened is he probably opened up to you at first and you criticized him so he repressed it and won't tell you what he's going through, hence "I have enough to worry about". Most men have been through this, which is why some of us think the way we do about being emotional.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:34 AM

34 posts, read 58,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Who are you trying to fool? You know good and well you secretly think if your man opens up to you about his issues, you'll think he's a lame or a wimp. Be real with it. I love when women try to run this game on some of us men knowing we see right through you. What happened is he probably opened up to you at first and you criticized him so he repressed it and won't tell you what he's going through, hence "I have enough to worry about". Most men have been through this, which is why some of us think the way we do about being emotional.
I personally think your very wrong there. Most guys don't open up to their woman. Most woman wish they would...wh do you think every girl loves a 'gay guy girlfriend'?
I personally think its sexy for a guy to discuss emotions...you hook up on a deeper level...feel much closer to him...and when you 'feel' closer...you want to 'be' closer.....so come on you men...open up and you just might be surprised when you see where it gets you!!

Old 08-22-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypbmxgurl View Post
My bf is horrible with this.. Any idea on how to make him open up we have been together for a little over 2 years and its like he doesnt tell me **** he wont tell me inless i find out and bring it up to him about how hes feeling. I dont understand why he wont open up hardly at all. I know he loves me. I saw him cry one time when i got fed up with him not telling me how he really feels about things and i guess he thought i was going to leave him which i wasnt. Hes not some little ***** wiped guy but he would do anything for me. So i know its not because he doesnt want to be with me. He doesnt like conflict when it comes to girls so if i get mad about anything and just try to talk to him he just shuts up how can i open him up?
You answered your own question. He doesn't like conflict. You yourself stated that when he cried because you were upset with him for not sharing his true feeling, he learned not to open up at all. Most men don't like arguments and if they can avoid confrontation, that's what they'll do. Leave the man alone, if he doesn't want to open up you can't make him.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodie Fan View Post
I personally think your very wrong there. Most guys don't open up to their woman. Most woman wish they would...wh do you think every girl loves a 'gay guy girlfriend'?
I personally think its sexy for a guy to discuss emotions...you hook up on a deeper level...feel much closer to him...and when you 'feel' closer...you want to 'be' closer.....so come on you men...open up and you just might be surprised when you see where it gets you!!
I'm not saying most women love "gay guy girlfriends". I'm saying that most women look down on men who are emotional. Females say they want their man to open up to them but when a man does open up to her, she looks down on him and expects him to "man up". Women can say this, that and the 3rd about how it's sexy when a man discusses emotions but most men know better and they won't open up.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I'm not saying most women love "gay guy girlfriends". I'm saying that most women look down on men who are emotional. Females say they want their man to open up to them but when a man does open up to her, she looks down on him and expects him to "man up". Women can say this, that and the 3rd about how it's sexy when a man discusses emotions but most men know better and they won't open up.
WOW. So dissappointing to hear another man say this....you are a man I presume?
Sorry...I think you are WAY.... SO....wrong.
Talk to me baby!

Old 08-22-2009, 11:05 AM

52,313 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Talk to me baby!

That's the same guy who doesn't like comedians.

I think that about sums it up.......

Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's the same guy who doesn't like comedians.

I think that about sums it up.......

OK....need to hang out here a little and get to know you all!

Old 08-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Talk to me baby!
Of course I'm a man, just like I presume you're a woman. I could be wrong (not afraid to admit) but most women looking down on men showing emotion is the general consensus. I'm simply saying that some men don't show emotion for fear of being clowned for it, that's all.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:24 AM

29,756 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
most women looking down on men showing emotion is the general consensus.
Where are you getting this? Sitcoms? When a man has opened up to me, I've felt like it makes our relationship more intimate, and I respect him more for being able to trust me enough to open up. I can't imagine making light of a serious situation like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships