Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,002 times

Advertisements

I found out my husband's affair. He didn't tell the truth that who she is but promised to stop seeing her. Our lives almost going back to normal. But I always want to know the truth. He getting angry when I try to ask him. Now our relationship is getting worse. He seemed want to divorce. Am I doing wrong? what I should do to save our marriage?

Old 01-23-2009, 02:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongho18 View Post
I found out my husband's affair. He didn't tell the truth that who she is but promised to stop seeing her. Our lives almost going back to normal. But I always want to know the truth. He getting angry when I try to ask him. Now our relationship is getting worse. He seemed want to divorce. Am I doing wrong? what I should do to save our marriage?
You can't save it, if he doesn't want it, sorry. You aren't doing anything wrong, there just might not be anything you can do at all.

If he really wanted to save your marriage he would be kissing your feet and begging your forgiveness.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,160,744 times
I know I answer posts the same way A LOT, but I can't help it, when the opportunity presents itself.

Pick up a copy of "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" and read it - read it twice. You will have all the answers you need.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-23-2009, 02:58 PM

318 posts, read 821,118 times
Moderator cut: ..

My advice is, try marriage counselling. Let it all out, hear both perspectives, and if it doesn't work out, don't force it. You shouldn't find yourself trying to make your husband love you in a marriage. You're gypping yourself.

Last edited by Keeper; 01-25-2009 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: troll posts removed

Old 01-23-2009, 03:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
Have you tried calling the Dr. Phil show?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:03 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,061,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Have you tried calling the Dr. Phil show?
Dr. Phil might not be available, so I would recommend the OP and her husband try the counseling on the Jerry Springer show.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,124,362 times
Quote:
Stop asking him about her! If you are truly moving on, then you need to leave the past in the past. Why do you need to know who she is? Does it matter? Maybe knowing her identity will only cause more drama and heartache. He probably feels like you don't really want to forgive him and move on so he's preparing for it.

You have two choices:

1) Let it go and save your marriage. (including knowing who she is)
2) Keep asking and wait for him to get fed up and leave, thus ending your marriage.

If you really can't get past it without knowing who she is, your marriage is over.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:43 AM

10,215 posts, read 17,904,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Stop asking him about her! If you are truly moving on, then you need to leave the past in the past. Why do you need to know who she is? Does it matter? Maybe knowing her identity will only cause more drama and heartache. He probably feels like you don't really want to forgive him and move on so he's preparing for it.

You have two choices:

2) Keep asking and wait for him to get fed up and leave, thus ending your marriage.

If you really can't get past it without knowing who she is, your marriage is over.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:43 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,095,868 times
Quote:

You cant save something if the other person dont want it to be saved?
It takes two for a marriage to work..If he wants a divorce why are you trying to force him to be with you?..Let him go and get on with your life..Why live in misery?

Old 03-15-2011, 12:22 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,490,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post

You have two choices:

Yes, but maybe it is someone she knows and trusts, when she shouldn't, like a close friend. I think she has the right to know in order to avoid inadvertently inviting her husband's "former" lover into their home.

Sounds like he is intent on hurting or punishing you by not coming completely clean, or, the affair hasn't really fully ended. If he can't be as honest as you need him to be in order to save the marriage and show some love and compassion towards you, its time to get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships