Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:08 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I regret putting my first dog to sleep. We should have tried harder. That was 17 years ago, and it still haunts me and brings tears to my eyes. Will not repeat this mistake.
But certainly a big part of love is not wanting to see them suffer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 12:17 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,765,861 times
Letting fear stop me from taking risks and living life to the fullest...

Old 11-24-2008, 12:24 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Capt Dan...I allowed myself to be talked into believing she was suffering. Now I know better. In this circumstance, she wasn't really suffering (not in pain or altered mental status). She was just...old and grossly and inconveniently incapacitated. The only way I can forgive myself is to remember I was just a kid and grown-ups were pushing for this decision.

averagejoe76, I am so with you. I totally long for the cool, fun, younger version of me. Now I am old and boring and stodgy and calculate every risk. LAME!

Old 11-26-2008, 08:29 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I regret putting my first dog to sleep. We should have tried harder. That was 17 years ago, and it still haunts me and brings tears to my eyes. Will not repeat this mistake.
Awwwww I'm in the same situation. My dog was put to sleep 3 years ago ( not nearly as long as you) but I still miss him so much

Old 11-26-2008, 08:36 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,514 times
I've done many foolish things but I do believe in the butterfly effect and if I changed even the smallest of details I'm sure I wouldn't be where I am today. My life isn't perfect but I like it and the people in it.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,583 times
Default biggest regret-leaving my husband

I can't fix it....but if he would take me back i would go

Old 11-26-2008, 08:48 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,691,891 times
my deepest regret is not saving money and buying a home sooner. I'm starting to look for a home, but wish I had done it sooner when I had the extra money. I love to travel, so I took trips instead of save money!!!

the next deepest is maybe I should have tried working things out with my ex-fiance.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:28 PM

403 posts, read 1,119,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
my deepest regret is not saving money and buying a home sooner. I'm starting to look for a home, but wish I had done it sooner when I had the extra money. I love to travel, so I took trips instead of save money!!!

the next deepest is maybe I should have tried working things out with my ex-fiance.
If you had bought earlier, you'd probably be upside-down on your mortgage. The market is just now correcting. You want today's home prices, not the ones from a few years back. Just sayin'...

Old 11-28-2008, 07:28 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,167,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I regret not MAKING my daughters try to maintain some sort of relationship with thier biological mother. It just tears my insides up to hear the girls say things like " if she really loved us back then she would have chosen us instead of the drugs." Or to not have thier mom with them or at least talk to them on the holidays. It isnt easy to tell my ex that her girls dont want to see her or speak to her. So i think i would have set up some sort of visiting arrangement when they were little. Maybe then the girls wouldnt feel that thier mom abandoned them. Its just that back then I had to decide which was worse. Not seeing thier mom or seeing her totally wasted all the time. I chose to not let the girls see her that way. In some ways i still dont know if i made the right decision.

as someone who along with their older brother has 0 relationship with their mother becasue she is worthless, I wouldnt regret it if I were you. I wish my mom was normal and not a piece of **** but I can't change that and want nothing to do with her.

As for having trouble telling your ex they dont want to speak to her- it sounds like she doesnt deserve to have them in her life. I would be concerned with my daughters if I were you and not whether or not a ****ty mother is upset because of a situation that she created.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:34 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,691,891 times
thanks! but I would have possibly been able to pay it off sooner, had I bought a while ago, I was working tons and had more "disposable" income. now with the economy, I just hope I can find a job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
If you had bought earlier, you'd probably be upside-down on your mortgage. The market is just now correcting. You want today's home prices, not the ones from a few years back. Just sayin'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships