Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Well get your but up and get out there silly! Life is too short to let anything stand in your way!
its not that easy. thi sis something the OP needs to understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 08:41 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times
what is easy in life? Anything is possible if you want it bad enough.....a positive outlook and enough "want to" will get you so much farther than you think.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
what is easy in life? Anything is possible if you want it bad enough.....a positive outlook and enough "want to" will get you so much farther than you think.
once again, i cant stress enough, while a cheery attitude is great and all, if the OP cant see past the "just change" attitude, the marriage wont work

Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,278 times
Default RE: When does one divorce, husband as ADD

Yeah! I am with you and wishing you for great time!
All the best!

[url=http://www.relationshipatoz.com] Relationship A to Z [/url]
[url=http://www.relationshipatoz.com] Relationship A to Z [/url]

Old 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
once again, i cant stress enough, while a cheery attitude is great and all, if the OP cant see past the "just change" attitude, the marriage wont work
That's fine.....but its not that it's too hard for him to change......it doesn't take an act of congress.....so if he doesn't change the op will have to realize that a choice might need to be made.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
I agree, and say that you need to sit him down and have a heart to heart.
If you can see that he is willing to try to change his habits, then thats a start, but if he is not, then your marriage could be in trouble.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,087,258 times
So no friends, relationship issues and job issues are all symptoms of ADD?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
So no friends, relationship issues and job issues are all symptoms of ADD?
lol, no

Old 08-01-2008, 01:00 PM

4 posts, read 16,211 times
Thank you all for the input. This is my first forum about personal issues.

ADD is in my definition, a problem where the person has difficulty following through with things that do not interest them. My husband grew up in a family of workaholics and he enjoys working hard unless it bores him. For example he is fixing our deck. He works 8-10 hours a day in 90 degree heat, playing with his power tools and completes the job but ask him to organize a day of housechores he is not interested in? Forget it. He also NEVER seeks help outside himself. He should take more responsiblity for it. I agree. His daughter is showing signs of ADD and he is working to get her used to putting things in a calendar, wearing a watch, getting her homework done, getting her used to following through with things she doesn't like, having regular daily chores but he needs to do that for himself. There is also a difficulty identifying his feelings. He can't put names to them. Relationships don't really interest him so he doesn't pursue them. He likes movies and books and fixing things. My big dilemma is he wants to do an apprenticeship for a trade. Great. But he is going about picking the trade the same way he went about choosing a major for his attempt at college. The internet and those stupid surveys that tell you what careers fit you. Criminies. He needs to talk to HUMANS in the field, hang out with them, see what they do, see what the training is like. He spent 8 years in the Army where they tell you what your going to do and where you're going to do it. Not like that in the real world. I tell him this. I yell at him, he gets hurt, but he only responds when I yell. I'm tired of yelling, I'm tired of being angry. I'm tired of him saying he is going to do something and doesn't follow through.

I have told him the ultimatum. I've told him the only reason I'm staying thus far is for our son. I've made him seek counseling and told him he better restart it and he went to his counselor yesturday which relieved a great deal of my anger. He has baggage but that is not an excuse either. He went to one ADD support group and found it helpful but never went again (its an hour away). After we move that ultimatum will be addressed again. He is a very loving father. But he can be that if we split.

I'm going to the next counseling session with him. I want to save our marriage or end it as peacefully as possible with as few repercussions to our son as possible. I like him as a person, he is pretty cool. Kind. Funny. Needs to grow up or he is out. ADD or not. He needs to take some ownership of it.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 8,981 times
sounds like u r a very smart and recouseful woman. i stayed in a bad marriage along time thinking it was getter for the children to have a whole family unit......i was wrong being in a toxic enviroment was harmful to them and me. no one get married to be divorced, but sometimes it is the best thing to do, good idea to have your own accounts, be around supportive people and dont keep what is going on a secret for his benifit. cheating has nothing to do with add though there are bigger issues ... hope u the best ..........darlene b
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships