Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 04:37 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times

Advertisements

If you have a pilot light, these images might be what your thermocouple looks like.

https://www.google.com/#q=furnace+thermocouple

Sometimes some of the burners clog up with ash, which needs to be cleaned out.

Is your furnace gas operated, or electricity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 04:53 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
If you have a pilot light, these images might be what your thermocouple looks like.

https://www.google.com/#q=furnace+thermocouple

Sometimes some of the burners clog up with ash, which needs to be cleaned out.

Is your furnace gas operated, or electricity?
The furnace is gas. Cool. I'll take the links downstairs to see what I can see (doh!) after I shovel snow.

I just heard on the national news that there is partial DNA test that matches DNA from a crime scene to family members of a perpetrator. Of course, the ACLU says that it is an invasion of privacy because it causes people to be questioned who have nothing to do with the crime. Um, what? Investigators question neighbors, co-workers, etc. All. The. Time. SMH

Old 12-11-2016, 11:29 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
In 10 the reputation for the 6.0 was really bad. Most guys had them paid off and wanted to get rid of them and would do so at any cost. Flooding the market and reputation. Fast forward six years. The fixes have gone down in price, the fixes routine and the 7.3 reaching the end of their service life in many instances have raised the price of the 6.0 Super Duty. By 05 and on, there were some changes in the engine.

I'd tototally avoid a 6.4. The issues in a 6.4 when it lets go is three times the cost of a 6.0. A scanguage II or Torque app to keep a close eye on the engine is a must. Oil temp, coolant temp and FICM voltage being the main things to watch.

Mine started right up last night when it was 6 degrees out. I warmed it for 20 minutes before taking it for a drive.
Good point, that makes sense. The reputation was pretty bad for them back in the late 00's/early 10's. I'd like to get one but I also don't wanna spend $14K-$16K on one that's got 150K or more miles. I have no problem with driving something with that many miles, I just don't think I wanna buy something that somebody else drove for 150K miles, if you know what I mean. At least not at that price. Part of me also wants a 7.3 but I can keep this one and get a 6.0 maybe. I'm not sure what I'll get? Maybe another little economy car. I just need a daily driver and this old truck with a rotting bed is not ideal for a job in sales. I've been using this as a weekend cruiser or something to tote my surfboards/dirtbike around in. I do take it on long trips too, I just don't like using it for work. It is a work truck with the utility body, just not my current line of work.

My buddy's 6.4 is alright, but he's the kind of guy that can fix pretty much anything at any time. He's already bulletproofed his dad's 6.0 for him. He says he's had no problems with his 6.4 but I've seen some headaches. I think he deleted some emissions thing, like the DPF or something? That was supposedly causing a lot of problems with the 6.4's, if I'm not mistaken. I've read about alternators catching on fire when they go up too, I've never heard that happy in anything other than these people that had the problem with their 6.4's. The 6.4 isn't in my price range anyway, nor is the 6.7 right now.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:37 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
The 6.4 was a short term deal. It wasn't meant to be a high mileage engine. What is a $5,000 repair on a 6.0 is a $15,000 repair on a 6.4. I'd look at a 12 on 6.7.

Honestly I think my next ride will be a 6.2 gas. That's years down the road.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
The 6.4 was a short term deal. It wasn't meant to be a high mileage engine. What is a $5,000 repair on a 6.0 is a $15,000 repair on a 6.4. I'd look at a 12 on 6.7.

Honestly I think my next ride will be a 6.2 gas. That's years down the road.
I wouldn't mind a 6.7 but can't afford it. I remember my buddy calling me up back in early September and telling me out of the blue that he was gonna go trade in his 6.4 for a brand new 6.7 before he left to go up north where he works during the year. But he owns a house next door to the one he lives in and uses it as a rental property and found out they were moving and he needed to find new tenants. So he changed his mind, because that house isn't paid for yet and he figured he might have to pay it for a month or two until he found new tenants. So he held on to the 6.4 that he has. He says he might be able to get $20K for it as a trade in and get the 6.7 which seems to start at $55K-$60K brand new.

I don't know much about the 6.2 though. I guess that's the standard gas 8 cylinder motor for Ford these days? I had an 87 f-350 with a 460 about 10-15 years ago. That 460 came out of a friend's 73 F-250, which he was junking because the body and the rest of the truck was falling apart. That 460 gasser might have had 300K miles or more. I couldn't even tell you exactly. The truck had a blown 460 in it when I got it.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:17 PM

The 6.2 is a powerful gasser. Nearly 380 ponies and decent torque. With 4.30 gears it is a pulling machine. I priced out a carryover 16 for $38K. I priced out a 17 how I would like it. It was $47K. A diesel would have made it the same price as my first house. I'll pass.

It makes my 06 look appealing. I found a couple of Jeeps I wouldn't mind taking a look at. I fear they would become a project rig. Not sure how smart that is.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
The 6.2 is a powerful gasser. Nearly 380 ponies and decent torque. With 4.30 gears it is a pulling machine. I priced out a carryover 16 for $38K. I priced out a 17 how I would like it. It was $47K. A diesel would have made it the same price as my first house. I'll pass.

It makes my 06 look appealing. I found a couple of Jeeps I wouldn't mind taking a look at. I fear they would become a project rig. Not sure how smart that is.
I can't believe some of the prices on these things brand new! My cousin bought my truck brand new in 97 for like $32k! That seemed like a lot of money at the time and now a diesel F-350 with 4 wheel drive is almost priced for twice as much brand new. He did get it at the very end of 97 and the 98's were already out, so he probably got it for a little bit less than if he had bought it earlier in the year. I paid about the same for my house as the brand new diesels too, maybe a bit more with the extra money for renovations and repairs though haha.

You mean like a little Jeep Wrangler? There's a dude with one that's friends with my neighbor and I see it parked out there all the time. It's probably from the early 90's but it's got a fairly new paint job and is in good shape. It's got a major exhaust leak though haha. You could hear it coming from 5 blocks!

Old 12-12-2016, 09:36 PM

My next door neighbor has a 2000s Wrangler. Same exhaust leak. Some gaskets would fix it. Yeah, a little Wrangler. Better than a side by side UTV and fun in the hills and mountains.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
My next door neighbor has a 2000s Wrangler. Same exhaust leak. Some gaskets would fix it. Yeah, a little Wrangler. Better than a side by side UTV and fun in the hills and mountains.
I wouldn't mind one of those, I just need a pickup for my dirtbike and ideally for my surfboards. Though I could put a board in the back of a Jeep, I've done it in the Scion XB I had a few times haha.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:35 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I'd love to get a jeep wrangler but for a much newer model they just cost too much damn money. The gas mileage sucks really bad too. Lol. We've been kicking around various cars for awhile now. Can't seem to figure out what we want. Some of it depends on what kind of job I have when I go back to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships