Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 12:36 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times

Advertisements

Yeah, by themselves going to work (two co-workers, no less).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 01:29 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Parking in lot of places here in So Cal is miserable. There was a whole slew of people that last few years getting handicapped placards and clearly not needing them, at least for mobility sake. There has been such blatant fraud the last few years that they actually created a group dedicated to going around and fining people that abuse the handicapped spaces. Not sure how it would get enforced in a practical sense, but it was a big uproar here a few years ago.

The people that really drive me nuts are the people that purposely take up a couple of spots just so that their car doesn't potentially get dinged up in the parking lot.

LOL, you wanna talk about wanting to stomp someone's guts out when you see this. I kid of course, but not by much.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:21 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Parking in lot of places here in So Cal is miserable. There was a whole slew of people that last few years getting handicapped placards and clearly not needing them, at least for mobility sake. There has been such blatant fraud the last few years that they actually created a group dedicated to going around and fining people that abuse the handicapped spaces. Not sure how it would get enforced in a practical sense, but it was a big uproar here a few years ago.

The people that really drive me nuts are the people that purposely take up a couple of spots just so that their car doesn't potentially get dinged up in the parking lot.

LOL, you wanna talk about wanting to stomp someone's guts out when you see this. I kid of course, but not by much.
lol I saw a car like that recently, parked on the street, in the middle of two spots - someone left a note on their windscreen saying "Nice parking, d.ickhead" lol

Old 02-03-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
lol I saw a car like that recently, parked on the street, in the middle of two spots - someone left a note on their windscreen saying "Nice parking, d.ickhead" lol
They are lucky that's all they did, I've heard stories of people keying the hell out of someone's car when they park like that. Parking gets ugly here, like I said.

We're a good chunk away from LA where we live, but you get close to the Westside and Santa Monica areas, hell, people have been shanked for a parking space. LOL.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:26 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Why ??

I agree, you can't always tell - but running up stairs does suggest the person doesn't need that spot.
It's all about avoiding door dings from the car on the other side. The accessible spots are usually 48" wider than a normal spot. If I park next to one, I usually get as close to the white line on that side as possible with my tires on the white stripe.

I interpreted "running up the stairs" as hyperbole. I kind of assume someone so lazy that they scam a handicap parking pass rather than walk across the parking lot is going to take the elevator.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:28 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
They are lucky that's all they did, I've heard stories of people keying the hell out of someone's car when they park like that. Parking gets ugly here, like I said.

We're a good chunk away from LA where we live, but you get close to the Westside and Santa Monica areas, hell, people have been shanked for a parking space. LOL.
Cue the Kathy Bates parking lot scene in Fried Green Tomatoes.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:06 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,326,273 times
Quote:

Keying a car...That's terrible.

Stabbed over a parking space? I thought the Westside was the good part of town, albeit I'm not too familiar with LA.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post

Stabbed over a parking space? I thought the Westside was the good part of town, albeit I'm not too familiar with LA.
Yeah, keying a car is rough, I wouldn't do it, but I've heard a few stories about it. The shanking, well, that might have been a touch of hyperbole.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
What do you call a woman with no ***hole?

A: divorced.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:47 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post

It just came up in conversation the other night, that people take up two spaces to keep from getting their car dinged, but, by doing that, you just might be inviting even more trouble, like a car-keying, which is really messed up, of course.

On a side note, recently, while our car was parked at the grocery store (in one parking spot), we were car-gummed; a big, juicy wad of gum on the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
What do you call a woman with no ***hole?

A: divorced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships