Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 12:02 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one who just realised Christmas is 3weeks away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 05:09 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
I just saw a magazine cover that shows "The Rock" as the most attractive man. Um . . . nooooo . . . just sayin'.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:22 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Black Friday, Cyber Monday, all-weekend-long Christmas gift shopping kept my mind on the target date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I just saw a magazine cover that shows "The Rock" as the most attractive man. Um . . . nooooo . . . just sayin'.
I agree, he's not the most attractive man - but I've seen them pick worse looking celebs for that honor. I like his personality, his work ethic, his expressive eyes, and the 1000 watt smile. Most of the time I don't like ripped guys because they give off a vibe of aggression or domination, but Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock, to me, seems like more of the gentle giant type.

I still bellow "DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?!" to my kids when I'm preparing something in the kitchen that is smelling wonderful...old habits die hard.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
The Rock is dead sexy.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:10 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,481 times
Quote:
I realized it about 2 or 3 weeks ago, when I started hearing Christmas music at every place I went and one of the local radio station's starts playing it 24 hours, before Thanksgiving even happens. I'm not really a scrooge, but I don't like Christmas music at all. I mean, it's okay like a week or two before Christmas. But I can't stand it this early. It also doesn't help that some of the worst times I've had and memories I have are from December. Not necessarily Christmas time, but in December at some point. It's historically been my worst month, although it's not bad every year or anything. My birthday is also on Christmas. Yes, Christmas Day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Black Friday, Cyber Monday, all-weekend-long Christmas gift shopping kept my mind on the target date.

I agree, he's not the most attractive man - but I've seen them pick worse looking celebs for that honor. I like his personality, his work ethic, his expressive eyes, and the 1000 watt smile. Most of the time I don't like ripped guys because they give off a vibe of aggression or domination, but Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock, to me, seems like more of the gentle giant type.

I still bellow "DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?!" to my kids when I'm preparing something in the kitchen that is smelling wonderful...old habits die hard.
I saw Adrian Brody or whatever that guy's name is with the really huge nose, on a cover of those once. Almost every female whose opinion I've asked of him, agrees he's not very good looking. His nose kills him!

As far as The Rock's ''Do you smell what the rock is cooking?'' line, my cousin LOVES wrestling. I think he still does, although we don't talk anymore. He used to watch it non-stop back when The Rock was first getting big in WWE (then WWF). I used to say to embarrass him while he was in the bathroom and yell from the hallway ''Do you smell what the rock is cooking.... in the toilet?''

Old 11-30-2016, 07:28 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Never was into wrestling, so if someone equated my cooking to a sweaty wrestler, I'd be insulted. LOL

Old 11-30-2016, 11:29 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
Quote:
First I need to get through the December birthday barrage

Old 11-30-2016, 11:32 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
First I need to get through the December birthday barrage
Just combine birthdays with Christmas. People with December birthdays looove that.

I keep trying to get my family to do away with the gift giving for grown-ups, because it's a pain in the butt. My sister always insists on it, and puts a $10/person limit. The kinds of gifts I want to get people (like more local, handmade, etsy-ish stuff) can't be bought for $10. I've taken to just adding up all the $10 and making a charitable donation. I suppose that makes me a Grinch, but I don't have to wrap anything, so there's that.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:55 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Just combine birthdays with Christmas. People with December birthdays looove that.

I keep trying to get my family to do away with the gift giving for grown-ups, because it's a pain in the butt. My sister always insists on it, and puts a $10/person limit. The kinds of gifts I want to get people (like more local, handmade, etsy-ish stuff) can't be bought for $10. I've taken to just adding up all the $10 and making a charitable donation. I suppose that makes me a Grinch, but I don't have to wrap anything, so there's that.
We all draw names each year and buy for just one adult. It's not as bad as it could be, but I'd be happy getting away from even that. Buying for the kids is fine, I'd be happy just shining the adults gifts. My biggest problem is that I don't really want that much stuff and the stuff I do want is too much money. So every year we have to figure out what I want, to we put down T-shirts, gift cards to movie theaters or amazon or home depot or whatever it is. Try to make its as simple and easy for who ever gets me. Same with Mrs. Chow, she's actually the one that draws my list up and she emails hers and mine to who ever has us.

IDK, if I had my way we'd chuck the whole thing, LOL, you said you felt like a Grinch, LOL, what does that make me.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:00 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IDK, if I had my way we'd chuck the whole thing, LOL, you said you felt like a Grinch, LOL, what does that make me.
I feel like that, too. I like being able to choose good gifts for people, but with the $10 limit it's really hard. You can't buy someone clothes or jewelry or booze or even a worthwhile gift card for that, so you're limited to dollar store stuff or scouring sales for 4/$10 crap. Honestly, I don't need more stuff, and I definitely don't need cheap junk that I didn't really want in the first place. Humbug. Sometimes the thought doesn't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships