Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2020, 07:16 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Well... there’s a dealerships in Paris that sells “used” full size Chevrolets, Grand Cherokee's, hummers, Humvees , Land Rovers and GMC trucks. They even sell classic muscle cars. I saw a 1967 Chevelle SS 396. And a 1969
Z-28 Camarillo ( also a big block). We’re not looking to spend 80 to 100k Euros on a new truck. That would cut into my “airplane” fund. Lol
Yeah, the parts I visited in France were those connected by Thayles. Only went to Paris & Lille. When I booked my flight tickets to Paris, I got discounts for using the Thayles train to travel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2020, 08:49 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Yeah, the parts I visited in France were those connected by Thayles. Only went to Paris & Lille. When I booked my flight tickets to Paris, I got discounts for using the Thayles train to travel.
I don’t know how long you were in France but did you notice the difference in how they do things in Paris as opposed to Lille? Non “Parisians” will often say that Paris... is not France and what they do in Paris is not representative of the rest of France. They might even tell you off if you try to compare their city to Paris. Paris is geared more towards tourists and things that will get you a sideways look in say Avignon or, Cannes is acceptable in Paris. Like eating with your hands. We don’t eat with our hands. ( except for bread) Even pizza or a hamburger is eaten with a knife and fork. In Paris it’s perfectly acceptable to eat your pizza or burger with your hands.

Last edited by Sydney123; 12-13-2020 at 09:50 PM..

Old 12-14-2020, 12:58 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Today after church we stopped at this little sidewalk cafe and Andre ordered escargot. I am generally a pretty adventurous eater and will try most things but... snails? Lol
The garlic butter was excellent, the sails didn’t taste like much, but it was the consistency that kinda weirded me out. Like eating boogers.
Escargot doesn't appeal to me, either.
When prepared properly, frog legs are quite tasty. They taste like chicken, to me. You might want to give them a taste sometime...

Old 12-14-2020, 02:22 AM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
When prepared properly, frog legs are quite tasty. They taste like chicken, to me. You might want to give them a taste sometime...
I’ve heard that they’re pretty good. I might just try them.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:22 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I think people miss the boat on food from the swamp. I remember trying alligator sausage when I was in New Orleans a few years ago and while it is not something I’ll beat down the door to get, it was respectable as far as taste.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:42 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think people miss the boat on food from the swamp. I remember trying alligator sausage when I was in New Orleans a few years ago and while it is not something I’ll beat down the door to get, it was respectable as far as taste.
I feel the same about calamari or green mussels. I’m annoyed by a reaction of “ew” (or poor octopus!) it’s not octopus, and I don’t expect anyone to picture a cow’s face when they’re eating a steak either, so keep your “ew” silent if you’re eating with me.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:37 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,036,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I am really glad to hear that, Diss! I deeply hope that you recover fully, with no lasting effects. In all of this, that's what has troubled me the most...it's not the question of what % of people will get (apparently) better or have an (apparently) mild case, or wind up dying, necessarily. It's the worry about long term health problems, even the possibility of permanent organ damage, that has been out there as a big ???. I just don't think that we can afford to underestimate this thing when we don't know for sure about all that it can do to us.

Viruses are fascinatingly complex. It has been proven that they can affect host DNA through multiple generations, even parts of their makeup integrating with the host's own biology and being passed down, to a point where genetic bits of these microbes are no longer their own distinct organism but part of the makeup of the host. I read a long time ago about how fragments of DNA from dead bacteria, too, can live, in soil or water, and cause mutations and variations in living organisms that they come into contact with, and to other bacteria.

We tend to think of these "germs" as tiny creatures, that obey the rules we understand about the difference between alive and dead...but that is not quite accurate. It is weird and interesting and kind of scary.

But to the point...we don't have enough time to understand what the long term implications of this pandemic will be, but I think that they'll be significant.

I always assume that I can take people at face value, because ultimately I don't think it matters much if they are being genuine or not. My investment in specific strangers online isn't that great. But my feeling regarding this poster...what sympathy I have when I respond... It isn't just a reaction to him. It's my own feeling regarding those who struggle with mental illness that fills them with irrational thoughts and feelings and hurt, and they don't have control of this, and harm themselves and others with it. (Obviously dealing with my son informs my thoughts on the subject.) But when I reply to someone like him, it's not just directed at him, because I have no idea who will see it. I might put words of hope out there, because even if they can't reach him, maybe some other person who is in real pain will read them... I'm just compelled to be kind, but real, in how I respond if I choose to. It could always do some good in some person's mind, somewhere, that I might never know about.

I just don't see a point in responding to him anymore. He's a broken record. And for any of us who have responded to him, I think we've all come to realize that. His hurt and pain is beyond anything we can do anything about. And he doesn't want advice. I don't understand his motivations, and it's beyond my scope, and I'm clocked out, when it comes to him.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:02 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I just don't see a point in responding to him anymore. He's a broken record. And for any of us who have responded to him, I think we've all come to realize that. His hurt and pain is beyond anything we can do anything about. And he doesn't want advice. I don't understand his motivations, and it's beyond my scope, and I'm clocked out, when it comes to him.
First rule of Fight Club.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:07 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
First rule of Fight Club.
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

Old 12-14-2020, 08:16 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Apropos of nothing much and maybe everything, this girl should go to work straightening some **** out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHBe0jT6S3U
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships